First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392Rubicon XR 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
retired due to broken back
Here's a stupid idea I haven't thought through. What if (legalities notwithstanding) some vendor came out with a product that looked like a baseball cap (two caps actually) that could be attached above each of the headlights?

It might block light heading up, for visibility, that doesn't otherwise blind oncoming motorists though.

These have been around for ages, not sure how they would look on a newer jeep, although they did look good on the military Jeeps.
Also popular with motorcyclists

61c9wkwxNdL._AC_SL1001_.jpg

stainless-headlight-visor-31519__89782.1493736894.80.80.jpg
Sponsored

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
I've found that turning off my fog lights stops people feeling the need to flash me. From the driver seat the factory fogs seem fine to me, but I haven't actually messed with them to see how they are aligned.
agreed and i've done that.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
i've been flash a few time with either stock halogen or led lights. the alignment is spot on. what a lot of folks dont understand is the the new vehicle with next generation headlight are much brighter. so the other drivers are not realizing that the new low beam are like to old high beam. if that make sense..

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
stock height, stock LED's, I've only been flashed a few times (no more than 5) in the almost year I've had my Jeep.

Somnium

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon - Sting Gray
Occupation
Systems Administrator - IT
When I first got my Jeep with the factory LEDs, I had a very fancy imported sports car with LEDs flash their lights at me. I said to myself "WOW! Those are ridiculously bright lights on those things!" Being I didn't have my brights on, and not wanting to be rude, I didn't return the flash... until he just flipped his high beams on as he continued towards me. "No worries..." I thought as I flashed my high beams on to show him the difference. I could see an X-ray style outline of his skull under his skin before his head caught fire... he was rather quick to dim the lights after that! Most people are courteous with the high beams, but keep their fog lights on regardless it being a clear night. They're just as bad in most cases... Just say'n.

Sponsored

Trollboogie

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Hellayella, 2021 Mojave, 2006 GTO
Occupation
Machinist
I get flashed more in my lowered Miata with stock LEDs than in my Rubi with stock LEDs.

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
i've been flash a few time with either stock halogen or led lights. the alignment is spot on. what a lot of folks dont understand is the the new vehicle with next generation headlight are much brighter. so the other drivers are not realizing that the new low beam are like to old high beam. if that make sense..
Part of the issue is that Jeep chose to use reflector headlights instead of the projector variety.

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Yup.. park 25 feet away from a wall (an abandoned Toys R Us building is ideal). Tape off 3 feet high mark. Adjust you lights so the the edge of your light pattern (also know as the cutoff) is at the edge of the 3ft Mark. Just remember to aim them back up when the apocalypse comes.

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
One thing to remember is that your headlights are supposed to shine 150 to 200 feet (distance depends on state law) so using the 25'/3' rule does not work with lifted vehicles. With a car or lower vehicle the lights are not very high off the ground and almost level at the 3' mark so the beam easily lights up the road that 150+ feet. With a lifted Jeep or higher truck, the angle that is created when using the 25'/3' rule does not allow the headlights to light up the road the required distance.

The formula is to measure from the ground to the center point in your headlight (look for the dimple) and subtract 2 inches for headlights up to the 48" mark and 2.5" for anything above that. The right headlight is set to that same mark (center -2/2.5) at 25' from the wall and the left headlight is set 2" lower (center -4/4.5). This allows the right headlight to shine farther down the road while at the same time not blinding on coming traffic due to lowering the left 2 additional inches.
Did not know this... OK I'm driving out to Utah to let you do mine.....

Sponsored

sudeepi

First Name
Durga Prasad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara UL, 2014 Honda CR-V
I have 2018 Sahara LEDs, no lift. I never got flashed. Is it because I'm in CA? LOL

Schism75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ JLU SAHARA
YouTube is your friend for this.
Just lift your hood and peer down dead center behind your lamp. Mine was a white plastic Phillips head adjuster. I went counter clockwise about an 1/8th of a turn and all is gravy.

Somnium

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon - Sting Gray
Occupation
Systems Administrator - IT
There is another "fix" for this that I just thought about; I haven't had anyone flash their brights at me since I installed the winch. Guess that added juuust enough weight to the front end to get the lights into "proper" alignment. ;)

Odyssey USA

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
What’s bad is when you have the regular ‘ol halogen and someone flashes you...as they’re downhill from you. Smh....:giggle:

amnesiac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S
Got flashed tonight after a month of having my JL.

It was a tiny little guy, maybe a Fiat?

I’m going to guess this means my headlights are adjusted properly.
Sponsored