Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Snazzberry
Occupation
Information Technology
Vehicle Showcase
....And I will admit to just looking for an excuse to use it!

I'd LOVE to put a Gladiator in the garage next to the JL, but my wife doesn't like the looks of them (I can't figure that one out) and it was all I could do to get her to let me hang on to the old JK.

When you get that truck, be sure and post some pics!

I will definitely post some pics when it shows up, the dealer accidentally ordered two and one of them came in this past Wednesday but had an issue out of the gate and was missing an option I had ordered. Mine is in KZ status, just waiting for it to be shipped.
Sponsored

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
No you're not alone. Early production 18's didn't have ORP on the radio (mine for example). We can access them on the gauge cluster, and if I"m being honest that's where we should be looking anyway. Anyway, we were promised an update that would put it on the radio too, but later that year we were told that was canceled and if we didn't have it on the radio, we weren't getting it.
So I access my ORP through the gauge cluster. No big deal, I wanted it on the radio but I don't like the Jeep any less because it didn't get the update. That's the price I pay for buying early I guess. It's also worth noting that I haven't gotten the market on my radio either. At least not that I've noticed.
Mine was the same way. But, I realized that it was merely that our radios don't get any updates over the air. I tried to get the service department at the local dealership to update it, but they were inept. I was able to update the radio myself from the Uconnect website using a USB key. And then finally 15 months after it should have had them, I finally had the app on the radio.

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Is it really that big of a deal to miss off road pages? I get it, stupid issue that shouldn't have happened but are you really going to sell your Jeep or not pick up the Gladiator you ordered over this? Jeep already said a fix will be out soon (I'm not going back to find it but if memory serves they said by Dec. 20). I like having the ORP but this really isn't that big of a deal to me as long as I know Jeep will be bringing them back. I question what other half baked updates they'll put out, but this one... meh. And in the meantime... It's supposed to snow this week so I'll be commuting with the Jeep and I plan on ordering a pizza from the market, just because. I am curious why Jeep (or dominos) thinks this is better than me just using my phone to order but... I am a sucker for a gimmick, like off road pages.
I don’t use it much so I don’t miss it per se. My issue is more with the heavy-handed nature of this update and the fact that it is a marketplace app which replaced ACTUAL functionality. Top that off with the fact that, instead of rolling it back, they expect us to wait several weeks for them to fix their shit. In the meantime we have this sweet new app that is useless.

SouthCo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Billet Silver Sahara
No you're not alone. Early production 18's didn't have ORP on the radio (mine for example). We can access them on the gauge cluster, and if I"m being honest that's where we should be looking anyway. Anyway, we were promised an update that would put it on the radio too, but later that year we were told that was canceled and if we didn't have it on the radio, we weren't getting it.
So I access my ORP through the gauge cluster. No big deal, I wanted it on the radio but I don't like the Jeep any less because it didn't get the update. That's the price I pay for buying early I guess. It's also worth noting that I haven't gotten the market on my radio either. At least not that I've noticed.
Winchell, my 2018 didn't have the ORP on the radio either but you can update the software yourself and get them. I did and my ORP still work. Either I don't get OTA updates or the fact that mine is garage kept keeps me from getting the signal (IDK), but OTA updates don't come to mine.

willcasp

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Clubs

Is it really that big of a deal to miss off road pages? I get it, stupid issue that shouldn't have happened but are you really going to sell your Jeep or not pick up the Gladiator you ordered over this? Jeep already said a fix will be out soon (I'm not going back to find it but if memory serves they said by Dec. 20). I like having the ORP but this really isn't that big of a deal to me as long as I know Jeep will be bringing them back. I question what other half baked updates they'll put out, but this one... meh. And in the meantime... It's supposed to snow this week so I'll be commuting with the Jeep and I plan on ordering a pizza from the market, just because. I am curious why Jeep (or dominos) thinks this is better than me just using my phone to order but... I am a sucker for a gimmick, like off road pages.
My bigger concern is that this vehicle is highly dependent on software to remain operational. Many features in this vehicle are dependent on software configurations in order to operate.
This is another data point demonstrating Jeeps absolute incompetence at managing software.

That should be a significant concern.

Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
My bigger concern is that this vehicle is highly dependent on software to remain operational. Many features in this vehicle are dependent on software configurations in order to operate.
This is another data point demonstrating Jeeps absolute incompetence at managing software.

That should be a significant concern.
Exactly. This has just been the latest in a LONG line of issues with the uConnect software.

ChimpanZed

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon
I posted this as a new thread, but given the activity in this thread I figured I share here. I sometimes get the message: "Some apps are currently unavailable" when I start the Jeep. Off-Road Pages is grayed out, as is Marketplace. Any ideas?

IMG_0880.jpeg

Deleted member 29342

I was being sarcastic. I love my Rubicon yes it sucks especially I was using the off-road page on a daily since I do a great deal of towing.

Moregone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR

Well that's a bummer. Weird that there's no work around and pretty disappointing really

Sponsored

SouthCo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Billet Silver Sahara
Well that's a bummer. Weird that there's no work around and pretty disappointing really
There is a work around. The dealer or member Shots can install ORPs. I did it myself on my 2018 and they still work as of today...

1996cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
Now mine works today ?!?

willcasp

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Clubs

Exactly. This has just been the latest in a LONG line of issues with the uConnect software.
FCA needs to learn how to manage scale. You will never catch all the failures with simple unit testing. They need to take a page from Tesla here... get a small group of enthusiasts that are willing to be beta testers. Roll out to them. At the scale Jeep has, this needs to be in the line of 100,000 users. Have a good roll back plan if something goes sideways. After the system clears beta testing, then start rolling out to a broader group, when the system seems stable, roll out to the next group...

this is how the companies that know how to handle scale deployments do it.

Erik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
I lost the ORP a few days ago as well. It is my most used screen, I monitor my temps and elevation consistently.
Maybe this wasn't an accident?
Perhaps the Off Road Pages will quietly slip behind a pay wall in the new "Marketplace"? I don't know.
I would like them back now please.
Sponsored