Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, Rob...I was just going to post the same thing. I stand corrected on being able to change the temp on setting...not sure where I got that in my head!
You were able to change the temp settings in prior Chrysler vehicles.
Sponsored

PatrickM

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLUR
2019 JLUR auto with the 8.4”
Nope. Nowhere do I see the auto-on comfort setting. The handbook says “if installed” ... I’d have thought that if I’ve the heated steering and seats, that this would be the case. Maybe not. It’s a Jeep

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
The reason FCA doesn't allow the end-user to set the auto-on temperature higher is almost certainly due to liability. No need to risk a fire or somebody getting "burned" in this litigious society we live in today.

Snayte

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara Hella Yella, 2017 Ram 1500 Longhorn
The reason FCA doesn't allow the end-user to set the auto-on temperature higher is almost certainly due to liability. No need to risk a fire or somebody getting "burned" in this litigious society we live in today.
I doubt heated seats are going to burst into flames even if the ambient temperature is over 100.

Sponsored

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I doubt heated seats are going to burst into flames even if the ambient temperature is over 100.
Doesn't matter. It's the risk adverse mindset that causes these decisions. FCA isn't going to take chances. We've already had a forum member who went after FCA claiming that his feet got burned by the transmission heat coming through the floor, through the padding, and through the carpet. People will sue over anything these days. And the fact is, the heated steering wheel gets HOT. It almost gets too hot. As somebody said, there should be a high/low setting. Anyhow, high ambient temps. + heating elements inside a sealed up vehicle could be a bad combo. I understand why FCA makes sure it's cold outside before allowing those to be used.

madscientist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Wrangler 3.6 AT
I have a bad lower back and I have grown accustomed to use the heated seats (in other vehicles) in the summer on long drives. FCA's lawyers and engineers bodged this one.

jeepdabest

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara
The heated seats come on automatically every time I get into the car. Is this configurable and can I change the default? Is it related to the outside temperature?
How hot will heated seat get? This morning it lit one of my farts!

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
I have the heated seats and steering wheel, but I don't have that Auto-On Comfort in my settings. Weird.
I actually wanted to turn the feature off. And yes, I do have the 8'4" nav uConnect system.
Did this option somehow get removed in later models?

Sponsored

Adventure.AS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I have the heated seats and steering wheel, but I don't have that Auto-On Comfort in my settings. Weird.
I actually wanted to turn the feature off. And yes, I do have the 8'4" nav uConnect system.
The instruction is on page 598 of my 2020 digital manual.

Auto Comfort Systems — If Equipped

After pressing the Auto-On Comfort Systems button on the touchscreen, the following settings will be available:

Setting Name. Selectable Options

Auto-On Driver Off Remote Start All Starts
Heated Seat &
Steering Wheel
With Vehicle Start — If Equipped

NOTE:

When this feature is selected the driver’s heated seat and heated steering wheel will automatically turn on when tempera- tures are below 40°F (4.4°C). When temperatures are above 80°F (26.7°C) the driver vented seat will turn on.

PatrickM

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLUR
The instruction is on page 598 of my 2020 digital manual.

Auto Comfort Systems — If Equipped

After pressing the Auto-On Comfort Systems button on the touchscreen, the following settings will be available:

Setting Name. Selectable Options

Auto-On Driver Off Remote Start All Starts
Heated Seat &
Steering Wheel
With Vehicle Start — If Equipped

NOTE:

When this feature is selected the driver’s heated seat and heated steering wheel will automatically turn on when tempera- tures are below 40°F (4.4°C). When temperatures are above 80°F (26.7°C) the driver vented seat will turn on.
sure. I read that too. Thing is, I can’t find it in my system. It probably means my jeep isn’t equipped with auto comfort systems which is weird given that I have heated seats and steering wheel, and hill start. .

Adventure.AS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
sure. I read that too. Thing is, I can’t find it in my system. It probably means my jeep isn’t equipped with auto comfort systems which is weird given that I have heated seats and steering wheel, and hill start. .
Do you have cold weather group.