Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
I got flashed a lot with my stock Rubicon halogens. Switched to Oracle LED and not a single flash. Their cutoff is super sharp. They are all pretty easy to adjust. You Tube it.
Sponsored

fat_head

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
When I'm loaded down with 30 gallons of gas/water + all my camp/recovery gear, yes. All the time. Otherwise no.

GeeBee

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 2.0 GME
Occupation
Engineering Manager
The LED's on my stock JLUR were set way too high from the factory. I was constantly flashed when on low beam and when on high beam even I was uncomfortable from the amount of glare being reflected back from road signs.

It took 60 seconds to lift the hood, adjust the screws to line the lights up against a 3ft marker on a wall and then close the hood again. Not been flashed since and the headlights are still much brighter/clearer than anything else I've owned before.

If you're a responsible citizen, do it! :like:

Buckster

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 billet silver JLUR '16 Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Power Generation
Vehicle Showcase
The LED's on my stock JLUR were set way too high from the factory. I was constantly flashed when on low beam and when on high beam even I was uncomfortable from the amount of glare being reflected back from road signs.

It took 60 seconds to lift the hood, adjust the screws to line the lights up against a 3ft marker on a wall and then close the hood again. Not been flashed since and the headlights are still much brighter/clearer than anything else I've owned before.

If you're a responsible citizen, do it! :like:
This ^^^^^^^^
Interesting that the video references a T40 and others have mentioned a phillips screwdriver - mine takes an allen wrench.

Sponsored

ATX_Runner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
My 2018 JLUR had the halogens and was constantly being brighted even though I rarely ever turn them on. I was going to lower them before the car was totaled.

My 2019 JLUR has the LEDs. I never ever get brighted anymore. They must be positioned perfectly.

As most have said, pretty easy fix for those are getting brighted.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
This ^^^^^^^^
Interesting that the video references a T40 and others have mentioned a phillips screwdriver - mine takes an allen wrench.
I too have the Allen's. A Phillips would just butcher it up, but the right size torx would work fine in this low torque scenario.

Mad Hatter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2011 MDX Advance
I had LED lights that seemed to shine upward on high beam, and too high on Low beam. Lots of people complaining.

So I did the garage door thing, measuring distance from the door, then height up and down from level. To get things right, you have to be something like 18 feet from the door. There are some aiming charts available online.

I found that the low beams were aimed pretty much level, which is what the high beams are supposed to be. I'm just wondering if there was one worker on one shift that was aiming headlights with the wrong beam. Since re-aiming, no problems.

I also found that the fog lights were aimed laughably low. They are supposed to be aimed pretty much the same way as the low beams, something down from level. The should illuminate outward, not the 12" in front of the vehicle.

jdubya421

First Name
Jakob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2-Door MT V6
Build Thread
Link
They just turn their hi-beams on at me. Driving back from Uwharrie last night at 2am every single car I passed did it. I try to keep my actual hi-beams on, until a car comes, and let them see me change it and they still do it.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Gallagher

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited JL
Same! I get flashed every single time I drive at night with the stock halogens. I have a BDS lift, but it looks like it's got even more forward rake than stock, will have to check.

The part that bugs me the most is that the lights are apparently bright enough to bother oncoming traffic, but from inside the vehicle they are BY FAR the worst headlights I've ever had on any of my many vehicles...

zoepup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
9 times out of 10 the car flashing me has not probably not cleaned the inside of their windshield properly in years. glare sucks - clean your windows :)

JeepDave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2D Sport, V6, Manual Transmission
Base Sport halogens no lift, I cranked mine down about 10 rotations each. moved the line down a good 4~6 inches. Don't think I've been flashed since, can still see down the road fine.

The Viking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Viper, TJ, JLUR
They just turn their hi-beams on at me. Driving back from Uwharrie last night at 2am every single car I passed did it. I try to keep my actual hi-beams on and let them see me change it and they still do it.
If everyone has a problem with your headlights, the problem is your headlights, not them. Aim them down, they probably came from the factory adjusted too high.

jdubya421

First Name
Jakob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2-Door MT V6
Build Thread
Link
If everyone has a problem with your headlights, the problem is your headlights, not them. Aim them down, they probably came from the factory adjusted too high.
Well yeah, just haven't adjusted them yet.
Sponsored