jaozus

First Name
Frederick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Firecracker Red 3.6L 6MT
Hi yall, i'm relatively new to the Jeep and I'm looking to lift it

I'm currently stuck between two different lift kits. One's the Teraflex 2.5in spacer lift and the other is the Rock Krawler 2.5in Adventure Series. I got a quote from a shop that sells the kits in house and installs, there's bout a grand in difference ($1437 vs $2507)

I understand that they are two different lifts, but can anyone who's had similar experiences with both give me their opinion on them? I mainly want the lift so I can fit bigger wheels and occasionally go mudding. No plans for any extreme rockcrawling/offroading.

For the spacer lift, although its not required I wanted to get the Teraflex front lower sport arms and the shop also quoted steering/driveline correction and a laser alignment as part of the work.

I was wondering for the spacer lift, if the steering/driveline correction and alignment was necessary? seems a bit much for a 2.5inch lift. if its not necessary i was going to just spend an afternoon with a buddy installing it and saving some $$ on labor.
Sponsored

geem03

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Occupation
RN/ Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase

check out this link
:jk:

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Hi yall, i'm relatively new to the Jeep and I'm looking to lift it

I'm currently stuck between two different lift kits. One's the Teraflex 2.5in spacer lift and the other is the Rock Krawler 2.5in Adventure Series. I got a quote from a shop that sells the kits in house and installs, there's bout a grand in difference ($1437 vs $2507)

I understand that they are two different lifts, but can anyone who's had similar experiences with both give me their opinion on them? I mainly want the lift so I can fit bigger wheels and occasionally go mudding. No plans for any extreme rockcrawling/offroading.

For the spacer lift, although its not required I wanted to get the Teraflex front lower sport arms and the shop also quoted steering/driveline correction and a laser alignment as part of the work.

I was wondering for the spacer lift, if the steering/driveline correction and alignment was necessary? seems a bit much for a 2.5inch lift. if its not necessary i was going to just spend an afternoon with a buddy installing it and saving some $$ on labor.
If that shop is trying to sell you a spacer lift for 1400.00, find a different shop, they should only be a few hundred bucks.

I’m gonna recommend the rock krawler for a couple reasons. 1) it’s a complete kit with shocks tuned to the springs and everything you need to keep your ride geometry and caster correct. 2) it’s lifetime warranty on all hard parts and easily upgraded. The on-road ride is awesome.

The alignment only consist of caster, toe, centering the axles, and straighten the steering wheel. All of which you can do yourself. Although I get an alignment after I install a lift, just so I can get the caster dialed in, and see it on the computer.

Even though you say you’re only going to to do light wheeling, chances are, once you get into it, you’ll be doing more than you think. Of course this is all just my opinion . Just giving you my .02...;)

OP
OP
jaozus

jaozus

First Name
Frederick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If that shop is trying to sell you a spacer lift for 1400.00, find a different shop, they should only be a few hundred bucks.

I’m gonna recommend the rock krawler for a couple reasons. 1) it’s a complete kit with shocks tuned to the springs and everything you need to keep your ride geometry and caster correct. 2) it’s lifetime warranty on all hard parts and easily upgraded. The on-road ride is awesome.

The alignment only consist of caster, toe, centering the axles, and straighten the steering wheel. All of which you can do yourself. Although I get an alignment after I install a lift, just so I can get the caster dialed in, and see it on the computer.

Even though you say you’re only going to to do light wheeling, chances are, once you get into it, you’ll be doing more than you think. Of course this is all just my opinion . Just giving you my .02...;)
Thanks! the spacer is actually only like $400. the front sportarms is like an extra $200 and the rest comes from the labor and alignment.

Any issues with the wobble after installing the lift? I've heard that some people had issues with the wobble post-lift, not necessarily the rock krawler kit

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks! the spacer is actually only like $400. the front sportarms is like an extra $200 and the rest comes from the labor and alignment.

Any issues with the wobble after installing the lift? I've heard that some people had issues with the wobble post-lift, not necessarily the rock krawler kit
No wobble ..... I don’t know how your rig drives now, but if you put this rk kit on, you definitely won’t regret it. Even though this is a hands on/ first hand experience information, remember it’s still just an opinion......:)

Last edited:

Sponsored

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
I’m with Roky, between those two the RK is a superior kit. If you’re open to other suggestions, at the price point you have the MC true dual rocksport which would be a great kit too and has f/r track bars

Brett

AlexJeepVB

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2.0T eTorque
I would say it depends on what you plan to use your jeep for and what future mods you plan on doing. If you just want the lift for the larger tires like you said with occasional muddling the spacer lift will be more than fine. If you plan on adding heavy bumpers full size spare, winch, ect the RK springs will handle the weight better. I ran the 2.5 RK kit on my JK Rubi and I liked it. That being said on my JL I'm running the 2.5 RC spacer kit and it rides like factory and am happy with that so far.

OP
OP
jaozus

jaozus

First Name
Frederick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Another question - I have a Sport S model in 6spd manual. Is regearing necessary if I end up going w 35s? I was originally going to settle w 33s

AlexJeepVB

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2.0T eTorque
Another question - I have a Sport S model in 6spd manual. Is regearing necessary if I end up going w 35s? I was originally going to settle w 33s
Re gearing wont be "necessary." You might loose some 6th gear use on uphill highways, but you will be fine. From experience get the 35's otherwise you will regret it every time you see a Jeep with 35's.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jaozus

jaozus

First Name
Frederick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry for bringing up old post but does anyone have pics of their jeep with a 2.5in lift with their stock wheels? or do people usually get bigger wheels first lol

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Mopar 2 inch lift with stock tires. Not the best picture but it is the only one I took prior to heading to Discount Tire.

20190914_152445.jpg

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Mopar 2 inch lift with stock tires. Not the best picture but it is the only one I took prior to heading to Discount Tire.

20190914_152445.jpg
keep in mind this a rubicon with high clearance fenders. Looks different than a Sport with same lift and tires. More gap between fenders and tires with a rubi.

for what youre describing id say get the rc soacer lift for $200? And install it yourself. More $ for wheels and tires etc... you can still do some off roading with it as well, just not as flexy.

dont people say the rk kit is a bit stiff on road? Or was that mc? Either way, spacer lift retains stock ride.

id say get rubi takeoff suspension and an rc spacer kit. That will net you about 3” of lift while still stock ride quality. Thats what i was going to do before i snagged a mopar lift.