Sponsored

Rough Country N3 Steering Stabilizer vs V41

BLACKMOAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black JLU MOAB, 2021 Black Lexus GX 460
In my continuing attempt to keep my Jeep away from the dealership service department, I am thinking about trying a Rough Country N3 steering stabilizer instead of going in for the V41 recall (potential debacle). In 16,000 miles of driving I have had no problems with my steering or suspension other than a little highway wandering in high winds. Some people have said the V41 replacement stabilizer has fixed that, but too many others have had the upside down install or have said the recall has made their steering worse. I’m willing to gamble $60 on the Rough Country N3 that I can install myself hoping that it might be a step up from the Mopar ones.
Does anyone have any experience with the Rough Country N3 or should I just leave well enough alone?

https://www.roughcountry.com/steering-stabilizer-8730530.html

905-FF9-B3-EF91-41-B3-93-D2-015-C0-DA674-DC.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
In my continuing attempt to keep my Jeep away from the dealership service department, I am thinking about trying a Rough Country N3 steering stabilizer instead of going in for the V41 recall (potential debacle). In 16,000 miles of driving I have had no problems with my steering or suspension other than a little highway wandering in high winds. Some people have said the V41 replacement stabilizer has fixed that, but too many others have had the upside down install or have said the recall has made their steering worse. I’m willing to gamble $60 on the Rough Country N3 that I can install myself hoping that it might be a step up from the Mopar ones.
Does anyone have any experience with the Rough Country N3 or should I just leave well enough alone?

https://www.roughcountry.com/steering-stabilizer-8730530.html

905-FF9-B3-EF91-41-B3-93-D2-015-C0-DA674-DC.jpg
Imho... if your not going with fox, falcon, king, etc... and going to a equal force ss, then I would just get the V41 for free, and see if it helps. If your concerned about the install, maybe they’ll just give it to you, and you can install it, that way you know it’s done right....:)

bmedfo1

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 4.5" lift 37"s
3rd vote for going with the Fox 2.0 around $150
The teraflex 2.2 is even better but expensive at $350
I do not have anything against RC or any of the less expensive brands but for this part I would only go with something that has overwhelming positive reviews like the two listed above

OP
OP
BLACKMOAB

BLACKMOAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black JLU MOAB, 2021 Black Lexus GX 460
3rd vote for going with the Fox 2.0 around $150
The teraflex 2.2 is even better but expensive at $350
I do not have anything against RC or any of the less expensive brands but for this part I would only go with something that has overwhelming positive reviews like the two listed above
I considered the Fox but read several posts and reviews where it caused pulling to either the right or to the left.

Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
I considered the Fox but read several posts and reviews where it caused pulling to either the right or to the left.
We are talking about different Foxes here.
the through-shaft ATS/TS stabilizers will not pull.
You must be looking at the IFP.

Like above has mentioned, only get neutral force stabilizers.
Fox Racing 2.0 TS
Fox Racing 2.0 ATS
Teraflex EF 2.1
Teraflex EF 2.2

Highly recommend the Fox Racing 2.0 ATS, put it on the stiffest setting (25th click) and will handle like a dream.

Last edited:

bmedfo1

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 4.5" lift 37"s
He is right. The fox 2.0 is popular but I agree the TS is better for this application and had that one mixed up. Personally I like the falcon 2.2 for the adjustment.

Jerrybizzle

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Tech
I have the rough country dual steering stabilizer with my 37s. No complaints here. It was around $125.

98coupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU
I installed the N3 steering stabilizer on my 2018 JL instead of going in for the V41 recall. It did firm up the steering, but it was pulling to the left when braking. I switched to the RC dual steering stabilizer and the steering is firm and does not pull when braking.

Sponsored

Jl335i

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Sahara JLU
Would you recommend Fox Racing 2.0 ATS with Fox 2.0 performance series shocks for stock height?
I'm not planning to lift it, just for street use that can handle bumps and harsh turns.

People tell me I don't need to upgrade my shocks but people don't know the way I drive.

We are talking about different Foxes here.
the through-shaft ATS/TS stabilizers will not pull.
You must be looking at the IFP.

Like above has mentioned, only get neutral force stabilizers.
Fox Racing 2.0 TS
Fox Racing 2.0 ATS
Teraflex EF 2.1
Teraflex EF 2.2

Highly recommend the Fox Racing 2.0 ATS, put it on the stiffest setting (25th click) and will handle like a dream.
d

cavguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I had a RC N3 steering stabilizer on my lifted JLUS (because I got it super cheap ~$25) - it replaced the V41 OEM stabilizer. My subjective opinion was that I felt no difference between the RC N3 stabilizer and the v41 OEM one. Seemed like a decent product though, just no benefit over OEM.
Sponsored