Lift Advice

Dommerc

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Hi everyone, just got my first Jeep and wanted to get some advice on a lift. Got a 2019 JL Sport S and plan on throwing on some 33’s but don’t know what size lift is best. I don’t plan on taking the Jeep off roading much and it’s used as a daily driver on the highway mostly. What are some lifts that are relatively inexpensive and will be reliable at not such a high price point.

Thanks
Sponsored

Arrowhead

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Hi everyone, just got my first Jeep and wanted to get some advice on a lift. Got a 2019 JL Sport S and plan on throwing on some 33’s but don’t know what size lift is best. I don’t plan on taking the Jeep off roading much and it’s used as a daily driver on the highway mostly. What are some lifts that are relatively inexpensive and will be reliable at not such a high price point.

Thanks
Swapping on the springs and shocks from a Rubicon is a great economical upgrade. If you use parts from a 4dr on a 2dr, the springs are a little stiffer. They come up for sale here on the forums quite a bit and you may even find them locally on FB Marketplace. You can probably find the wheels / tires / suspension for $1,000-$1,500 depending on your location (the suspensions alone usually go for $200-$300). I got about 1-1/2" of lift from the springs and about another 1" for the Rubicon wheel/tire takeoffs. The ride was a bit stiffer than stock, but still quite acceptable.

20180913_192139.jpg

20181027_122215.jpg

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
You don't really need a lift for 33's - unless you're offroading with disconnected swaybars.
If you still want one for looks, the above idea of Rubicon takeoffs is great. This is the route I went.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/rubicon-suspension-on-2-door-sport.40700/

You could also get something like a Teraflex 1.5" spacer lift. Simple and inexpensive and shouldn't require any other modifications or change the ride.

VooDoo1

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S, 2007 FJ Cruiser
I have the TeraFlex 1.5" spacer lift with the 285/70R17 KO2's. Never had any steering problems (no wander, no wobble) before the lift and no problems after the lift. It's my daily driver and only off road on fire trails and forest service roads. I am very happy with the results.

JL6.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: