litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

I’m not sure if the TSB was applied to my new radio or not, but the new radio hasn’t rebooted once since it was installed, and other than the annoyance of having to reprogram all my favourites again things are good.
Sponsored

JOKeefe

First Name
Mount Pearl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
So far, it’s been about a month and the update the dealer did has worked.
Apparently there is a new update as per TSB 08-002-19. Service department did not install the update because, and I quote, "No USB sticks available. Need to purchase USB sticks" ‍

CaliJK

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
My radio just started doing it this morning. Works for about a minute, then reboots. Any way to do the updates without dealer?

Also, possibly unrelated, but I recently noticed If my headlights are set to auto, and I turn on my wipers, even in sunshine, the lights turn on. When I turn wipers off, the lights turn off. Is that standard and I just never noticed it?

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
My radio just started doing it this morning. Works for about a minute, then reboots. Any way to do the updates without dealer?

Also, possibly unrelated, but I recently noticed If my headlights are set to auto, and I turn on my wipers, even in sunshine, the lights turn on. When I turn wipers off, the lights turn off. Is that standard and I just never noticed it?
Hi, please check for software updates on www.driveuconnect.com. The files for software update 18.45.01 are currently available. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Alison
JeepCares

OP
OP
INCRHULK

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Clubs

Just following up, I still get a (very occasional) reboot, and it seems to be related to using the XM Radio. Might mean the system is low on RAM/Storage, setting up a kernel panic and reboot. If that's the case, people experiencing this issue are stuck, until FCA either goes on a bug hunting bounty (unlikely), or replaces every unit experiencing the issue with hardware with more storage/RAM. That's even less likely.

Modern software compilers have built-in checks for these sorts of issues. Why has it taken FCA at least a year to get to this?

Sponsored

CaliJK

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Haven't done the update yet, but last few days, I've had a few occasion where it works perfectly, and others, where I can't even change the station after a reboot, as it goes into its "pre-reboot" freeze.

It's extremely frustrating. I get it, first world problems, and its my 4th Jeep, so I know a Jeep is a Jeep. Just super annoying listening to a radio show, and have to get things cut off every few minutes.

OP
OP
INCRHULK

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Clubs

I forgot to mention - but do have a separate thread for it. My Guardian SiriusXM remote features have all quit working since the radio swap.

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
I forgot to mention - but do have a separate thread for it. My Guardian SiriusXM remote features have all quit working since the radio swap.
That's because your Guardian Sirius XM account is tied to your old radio. Remember, every SirusXM capable radio has its own unique identification code. If you got a new radio you have a new code. You either need to call them or log into you account online and swap the old codes out with your old radio ID. Should fix THAT problem at least...

OP
OP
INCRHULK

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Clubs

That's because your Guardian Sirius XM account is tied to your old radio. Remember, every SirusXM capable radio has its own unique identification code. If you got a new radio you have a new code. You either need to call them or log into you account online and swap the old codes out with your old radio ID. Should fix THAT problem at least...
Hmmm, I'll have a look at that. I suspected as much, but the dealer said "you won't have to do anything" and SiriusXM didn't mention anything of the sort. Mind you, dealing with them was a nightmare.

willcasp

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Clubs

Hi, please check for software updates on www.driveuconnect.com. The files for software update 18.45.01 are currently available. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Alison
JeepCares
@JeepCares,

For those of us who have units that did not come with the Jeep, where is an alternative download point that does not require us to enter a VIN?

Sponsored

OP
OP
INCRHULK

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Clubs

I went digging online - don't see anything like an area to add a new MAC.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
@JeepCares,

For those of us who have units that did not come with the Jeep, where is an alternative download point that does not require us to enter a VIN?
Hi,
Unfortunately, the only way to obtain the 18.45.01 files online would be to search with your VIN. I would recommend reaching out to your dealership if you're unable to get the files online.

Alison
JeepCares

willcasp

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Clubs

Hi,
Unfortunately, the only way to obtain the 18.45.01 files online would be to search with your VIN. I would recommend reaching out to your dealership if you're unable to get the files online.

Alison
JeepCares
@JeepCares

Thank you for the response. This is a Jeep product. Jeep should be able to provide a way to download this firmware update. Just like every other computer manufacturer does, which you are in this scenario.

The dealer adds zero value to this process. In fact, the dealer makes this inconvenient. There is zero reason to have the dealer involved in this process.

Jeep refuses to allow a process to add this 8.4" device to my VIN. Therefore, Jeep should provide an alternative method to get the software updates that are needed.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
@JeepCares

Thank you for the response. This is a Jeep product. Jeep should be able to provide a way to download this firmware update. Just like every other computer manufacturer does, which you are in this scenario.

The dealer adds zero value to this process. In fact, the dealer makes this inconvenient. There is zero reason to have the dealer involved in this process.

Jeep refuses to allow a process to add this 8.4" device to my VIN. Therefore, Jeep should provide an alternative method to get the software updates that are needed.
Hi,

I understand your frustration. Your dealer will have the needed files to update your vehicle. Please let me know if you plan on visiting your dealership. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
JeepCares

OP
OP
INCRHULK

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Clubs

Oh, and the most recent OTA removed my Off-Road Pages like others are reporting. Is there any QA or pre-release testing done on this equipment and software? With such a major and obvious bug, I'm forced to believe that there isn't.
Sponsored