Sponsored

So Mopar has their own Fox Steering Stabilizer (77072360)

bem1

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lantanapcguy.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Was browsing Mopar accessories this evening and came across a Fox/Mopar branded Steering Stabilizer, P/N 77072360.

https://store.mopar.com/accessories...tabilizers/steering_stabilizers_77072360.html

Does anyone actually own this one? I wonder how it compares to this one:

https://www.ridefox.com/product.php...del=Wrangler+JL&year=2018&position=Stabilizer

Additionally, anyone know if this part helps/hinders V41.

Thoughts?

To me they appear to be identical except the price and a Mopar Performance parts sticker...

-Blake

foxmopar.JPG
Sponsored

FirecrackerRedJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Noticeable difference with this fox one, especially on windy days you really notice. Takes a lot of the initial steering wheel jump away when hitting uneven areas at higher speed also ( no, not the damn death wobble here more so that bump steer feeling). Plus it’s nice it matches the mopar lift kit. No it won’t hinder the recall if anything go get your recall done and just swap this on. Also they are basically the Same damper I didn’t check specs but monotube size looks the same also.

Jlmoe

First Name
Moe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' JL Rubicon
I would advise on getting the Fox TS stabilizer or ATS

The IFP tends to force steering to the right, you can search that

Get the: TS (985-02-127) or ATS (983-02-148)

I personally have the ATS which is the same but adjustable and Jeep drives as straight as an arrow. Steering play has also been reduced and is much more stable over rough roads and bumps

OP
OP

bem1

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lantanapcguy.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I would advise on getting the Fox TS stabilizer or ATS

The IFP tends to force steering to the right, you can search that

Get the: TS (985-02-127) or ATS (983-02-148)

I personally have the ATS which is the same but adjustable and Jeep drives as straight as an arrow. Steering play has also been reduced and is much more stable over rough roads and bumps
Understood and I think I've read that as well about the IFP. Does it matter if this replacement stabilizer is installed before or after the V41 recall?

Jlmoe

First Name
Moe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' JL Rubicon
Understood and I think I've read that as well about the IFP. Does it matter if this replacement stabilizer is installed before or after the V41 recall?
V41 will have an updated OEM stabilizer so no need to have the that done if you have an aftermarket steering stabilizer

Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Anyone else install this yet? What are your thoughts?

My steering isn't a problem but was considering adding this out of boredom and it will match the shocks on the Mopar lift.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
For the Mopar Fox stabilizer the JK and JL use the same part. Seems odd as the Fox IFP is a different part for the JK and JL.

Does anyone know what the difference is between the JL and JK Fox IFP stabilizer?

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
For the Mopar Fox stabilizer the JK and JL use the same part. Seems odd as the Fox IFP is a different part for the JK and JL.

Does anyone know what the difference is between the JL and JK Fox IFP stabilizer?
Different axle mount.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I've got the identical Fox version and it works great.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Different axle mount.
I wonder how Mopar is selling theirs for the JK and JL under the same part number?

I was leaning Mopar just so there is no hassle if I ever develop steering issues. However, even if an issue arises, I'd probably just correct it myself anyway.

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
The 2.0 IFP? I may go this route. Hate to order the mopar version and it won't mount up.
Yep. I bought it at Quadratec back in May for 143 bucks, or so. It took care of my steering wobble. Others have felt it push to the right, but mine doesn't do that. I wonder sometimes if those feeling that are feeling the Jeep pull due to the crown in the road. Fox and Quadratec both back their stuff, so if there is an issue, the return is easy or I'm sure Fox would replace it.

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
I could tell you, but then....
Anyone else install this yet? What are your thoughts.
Had dealer install on Saturday while the Jeep was in for other service. Looks good and will ultimately match the shocks when I get around to doing them as well. As for whether it makes any sort of difference the jury’s still out.

My steering was never anywhere near what people on here report theirs to be. Take your hands off the wheel on a straight surface and it tracks straight and true, with no wander at all. If anything, my biggest issue was that the steering is just “numb.” Same level of effort (very little) required to turn the Jeep regardless of how far you want to go, so you tend to simply oversteer it. It’s much easier to drive with one hand than two for that reason in most cases. For what it’s worth, I had the exact same steering feel in an 07 SRT-8 Charger, which was completely unacceptable for a performance vehicle and one of the biggest reasons I didn’t keep the car long.

With the new stabilizer I can’t really tell much difference. I expected the steering to be tighter now. Not to the degree that the wheel pushes back against me, but to where it takes more effort to turn it. A heavier feel. It just didn’t get there. It did seem to make a slight difference over bumps in that the Jeep didn’t seem to have a mind of its own, but not much difference in normal driving conditions.

Of course, it’s only been a day. TBD.

Abuckley1290

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited
Had dealer install on Saturday while the Jeep was in for other service. Looks good and will ultimately match the shocks when I get around to doing them as well. As for whether it makes any sort of difference the jury’s still out.

My steering was never anywhere near what people on here report theirs to be. Take your hands off the wheel on a straight surface and it tracks straight and true, with no wander at all. If anything, my biggest issue was that the steering is just “numb.” Same level of effort (very little) required to turn the Jeep regardless of how far you want to go, so you tend to simply oversteer it. It’s much easier to drive with one hand than two for that reason in most cases. For what it’s worth, I had the exact same steering feel in an 07 SRT-8 Charger, which was completely unacceptable for a performance vehicle and one of the biggest reasons I didn’t keep the car long.

With the new stabilizer I can’t really tell much difference. I expected the steering to be tighter now. Not to the degree that the wheel pushes back against me, but to where it takes more effort to turn it. A heavier feel. It just didn’t get there. It did seem to make a slight difference over bumps in that the Jeep didn’t seem to have a mind of its own, but not much difference in normal driving conditions.

Of course, it’s only been a day. TBD.
Did you have the Mopar branded Fox stabilizer installed (P/N 77082360)? I’m curious if this has the same issue as the IFP version that causes the steering to pull to the right due to the shock decompressing on its own.

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
Was browsing Mopar accessories this evening and came across a Fox/Mopar branded Steering Stabilizer, P/N 77072360.

You will be better off with a top mount stabilizer like the Fox 2.0 TS (PN# 985-02-122) and while a part number for JK's, works great with our JL's. The TS (through-shaft) design also functions much better than the OEM design of the Mopar/Fox unit and relocates it up and out of harms way. This fits OEM as well as Steer Smarts tie rods. You will just need an axle side relocation bracket, the Synergy trackbar-bolt/stabilizer-stud works great and is sold separately from Synergy as a replacement part for $25..
Sponsored