Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
I really prefer two vehicles anytime I go anywhere wher I am more then 8 miles from amsomeolace with Consistent traffic
Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
No problem, but in case you are not aware they require a 2 vehicle minimum to go on the trails. I’ve been there twice now, it’s a big place. I think it’s over 10,000 acres.
Thanks for the heads up! I found the trail fee and hours for today and tomorrow, but didn't see any rules or requirements. I did see a link to another site for the company that organizes group rides there, so will have to check that out.

Sponsored

Punkindave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0 Turbo Bluebicon, 2020 JLUR 2.0 Turbo (Wife's)
Occupation
ITS Project Manager
Yup, many trips to the rocky trails and mud pits.

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
I have the 3.6l. But, I have gone out on semi hard trails with a friend who has the 2.0. After revoking his mancard (just kidding) he kept up just fine and no issues. Temp was mild but the engines were run hard in the woods.

Other than the very annoying whine noise echoing through the trees he did just fine.

Personally, I would never get the 2.0 as long as the 3.6 is available but that is my preference. If the 2.0 was the only thing available on a Wrangler, I would possibly consider this option.

FUHL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Website
cmott426.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150 Ecoboost 2018 2-door Rubicon 2013 Range Rover Evoque
Occupation
CAD Drafter/Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I have the 3.6l. But, I have gone out on semi hard trails with a friend who has the 2.0. After revoking his mancard (just kidding) he kept up just fine and no issues. Temp was mild but the engines were run hard in the woods.

Other than the very annoying whine noise echoing through the trees he did just fine.

Personally, I would never get the 2.0 as long as the 3.6 is available but that is my preference. If the 2.0 was the only thing available on a Wrangler, I would possibly consider this option.
If it was the only thing available, it wouldn't be an option.

Man card. Have you looked at the power output of the 2.0L? Only close to redline does the V6 make more HP.

LeodaJeep

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
SoCal below Idyllwild mountains S.W. side.
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubican
Occupation
Self Sufficient
Does anyone off road their 2.0?
There are only issues and horror stories on this forum, any positive motivating stories of off roading to eliminate everyone else’s fears...
I LOVE my 2.0. There is NOTHING that I haven't been able to do...yet. That's why I call it my Rubican.

Sponsored

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited, 2017 Toyota Highlander
Does anyone off road their 2.0?
There are only issues and horror stories on this forum, any positive motivating stories of off roading to eliminate everyone else’s fears...
I own a 2018 JLUR and previously owned a 2017 JK Rubicon Hardrock Unlimited with 4.10 gears and an automatic transmission. I ran 35s on both, and both were great at wheeling. I can honestly say, however, that the 2.0 L is more impressive than my JK’s 3.6L. Admittedly, the 3.6L on the JL is the next generation engine, so this isn’t a direct comparison. However, the 2.0 L in my JL produces higher torque at most engine speeds, including low speeds, so I personally think the 2.0L is better for rock crawling. I have heard of problems with engine shutdown at altitude (greater than 10,000 ft elevation) with the 2.0 L, but this is not my experience. I had no trouble at 13,000 ft (Engineer Pass, Black Bear Pass, Imogene Pass, Ophir Pass). Just my 2 cents.

Unix_Gawd

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon JL (Firecracker Red); 2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew 4x4; 1951 Ford F4 Deluxe Extra Cab;
I have an 18 JLUR mostly stock. I off road with mine all the time. Have three Jeep Badges of Honor from Hot Springs ORV in Arkansas. Go to my local park in DFW area at least a dozen times in 10months I’ve had this Jeep. And gone to Barnwell Mtb in Gilmer, TX twice along with Hidden Falls Adventure Park in Marble Falls, TX. 2.0 does great the ratio is awesome in 4L and I barely have to do anything f besides find a good line and let the Jeep do its thing! Love it. Caveat...not sure if it has to do with the engine but I’ve now taken the Jeep to the dealer 8 times for warranty issues. Few mechanical items but mainly for electrical issues. Been out of my Jeep for over 120 days since Oct. 2018. That’s about every 2.2 days avg in the shop...but reality been out for a week at a time or two. Again take with grain of salt as it could just be the luck of the draw.
I am heading to the Hot Springs ORV Park this weekend. I have quite a bit off road experience but was wondering how rugged the three B of H trails are since I am running 40s on DANA 44s w/5.13 spicer gears? (Currie RockJock 60s coming soon) By the looks of videos I have seen it doesn't look to rugged as long as I take it easy.
Sponsored