Sponsored

Lock'er Down Center Console Safe Install

swimman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Just finished installing the Lock'er Down Console Safe. I've been wanting a console safe/lock box for a while and finally pulled the trigger. Below is a video with details.

The install is painless although you are working in a small area trying to get eight nuts threaded onto studs. Took about 10-15 minutes to get it all buttoned up.

What surprised me upon opening the shipping box was that the safe is only four sided (no front or back). However, once installed, it is very secure and does not budge. A determined thief could get it open with some time and proper tools, and if anyone is familiar with the product, could feasibly create a hole in the front or back of the center console for easier access.

I chose the combo lock as I did not want to fiddle with keys. I have noticed using the number dials to enter the combo is cumbersome as the unlocking knob has to be positioned just right for the dials to rotate. A little off and the dials are stuck where they are. In the future I may look into a cylinder tumbler but for now, the combo lock will do.

Overall, a very solid product although more money than competing ones. However, I want to use it prior to passing any judgment as it was just installed.

Enjoy the video.

Sponsored

Last edited:

Dan S

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Sahara
Occupation
Elevator Mechanic Apprentice
I've had mine for about 6-7 weeks now and am very happy with it. I also went with the 4-digit combo; liked it so much I ordered the same lock for my Diabolical Slipstream.

OP
OP
swimman

swimman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I've had mine for about 6-7 weeks now and am very happy with it. I also went with the 4-digit combo; liked it so much I ordered the same lock for my Diabolical Slipstream.
I have the Diabolical as well but don't tend to use the trapdoor. If something needs to be placed in the cargo area, I usually do it through the tailgate. However, I do see where changing the lock on the Diabolical would make sense. Maybe a future upgrade for me! Thanks.

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
Well that's slightly disappointing. Why wouldn't they make it a complete box???

Dan S

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Sahara
Occupation
Elevator Mechanic Apprentice
Well that's slightly disappointing. Why wouldn't they make it a complete box???
It would take a pretty serious effort to get into it. If they were to add a front and rear panel you would lose another 1/2" of space in an already small compartment.

Sponsored

telix

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Thanks for the review. Just ordered this and the Diabolical Slipstream JL

Hudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Installed this tonight. Super well built.

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door JL Snazzberry Rubicon
has anyone tried to cut a hole punch sized hole in it to allow for the cord to be accessed from the usb port? it looks like in some of their versions they have a usb port on top of the safe, but jeep didnt get this option

Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
has anyone tried to cut a hole punch sized hole in it to allow for the cord to be accessed from the usb port? it looks like in some of their versions they have a usb port on top of the safe, but jeep didnt get this option
A quality step drill, and grommet if desired, will make short work of creating a pass-through hole for a charging cord.

Hudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Only one nit with the Lockr Down - the 4 number combo locks have white painted numbers and over time, the paint wears off on your selected numbers. Worth getting a pick and scraping paint off the rest of them or a thief could easily find your combination

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door JL Snazzberry Rubicon
Only one nit with the Lockr Down - the 4 number combo locks have white painted numbers and over time, the paint wears off on your selected numbers. Worth getting a pick and scraping paint off the rest of them or a thief could easily find your combination
The paint is this inside of indented numbers? Or is the paint on the entire wheel where it would be impossible to know what number is what after the paint wears off?

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
A quality step drill, and grommet if desired, will make short work of creating a pass-through hole for a charging cord.
So what you're saying is that with a cordless drill and a hole saw, you can easily open this safe.
Sponsored