First Name
Eddie S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Occupation
Community Health RN
I love convertibles, open air, the more open the better. I had a few convertible cars when younger, Mustang was my favorite. A friend had a Jeep and getting it naked, well, that’s the most open air feeling you can get. Fell in love with that. Plus being able to do other things like trail riding some tough trails in its stock form.
great photo!
Sponsored

OP
OP
estankie

estankie

First Name
Eddie S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Occupation
Community Health RN
I've answered this question more eloquently a few times but you want the short, real world answer?

I'm in my mid 30's and still a kid. I love driving a giant hot wheels car and playing with it in the dirt and on the rocks. This is my 3rd Jeep Wrangler and none of that has changed. The difference with this one is now I can take my son out to play with trucks in the dirt, too. He loves it. The only difference now vs. When I actually was a kid is I have to pretend to be a normal, responsible adult the rest of the week.
i’ll be 60 in the spring but know exactly what you’re talking about...a giant hot wheels car is spot on!

Deleted member 29342

Because like Colorado, we get snow where I live.

....And my JLUR is a bit roomier than the Lamborghini....

.....that I don't have......

...but I'm sure it's roomier....

20136356_3_600_535.jpg
isn’t Lamborghini awd how can it get stuck in the snow. Also if you can afford a Lamborghini I’m sure you don’t have to work in the winter time. :LOL::CWL:

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
Earlier this year I decided I had enough of Jeeps and traded it in for a 2019 Toyota Tacoma. That only lasted six months. Couldn’t stand the driving position, the reluctant automatic transmission, the weak motor, the sea of blandness...
Did you test drive the Tacoma before buying it? Why did you buy it? It seems like most of the things you hated about it would be easily discovered after spending 10 minutes with the vehicle.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Did you test drive the Tacoma before buying it? Why did you buy it? It seems like most of the things you hated about it would be easily discovered after spending 10 minutes with the vehicle.
Fair question.

I did. Unfortunately, I did not notice either during the 15-minute test drive. As I found out, the seating discomfort would become painful after 45+ minutes. And the automatic transmission’s weaknesses become obvious in the 35-65 MPH range. Most local streets are 30-35 MPH; most roads outside the city are 50 MPH 2-lane rural and mountain roads; the Tacoma totally sucked on those.

Besides, I think I really wanted to like the Tacoma; I was soured by the only Jeep dealer in town. Suffice to say, customer reviews give the local Jeep dealer 2.5 stars out of 5.

This is still something I’m going to have to deal now that I’m back to owning a Jeep.

Luckily for me, Tacoma holds its value so well I didn’t lose my shirt.

mysto

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Grey 2 door JL Rubicon
The shortest tacoma they make is 45" longer than a 2 door wrangler. Thats 3.5 feet. No way I'm going to waste my life trying to park that. I'm sure it makes a great ranch vehicle for all you bilionaires living on ranches.

Toyota's offroad reputation was forged by those tiny pickups they made in the 80s. With the brief exception of the FJ they've been slowly losing the thread ever since. Each model is bigger, heavier, having more posh features (not offroad features). They haven't lost the offroad *marketing*. Maybe they should try an "organic' model.

If Jeep gives up on the two door it will be a step in the same direction, giving up their niche to compete for volume.

amnesiac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S
Midlife crisis! I'm in Canada so it seemed more practical than a Corvette
I was going to get a Mustang GT convertible, but the wife said it wasn’t practical having two kids.

So I got the JLU instead. 4 wheel drive for the snow, convertible for the sun.

Best of both worlds.

Sponsored

wvgasguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR / 2017 TRD Pro 4Runner / 2016 Suburban LTZ and 1979 Chevy K10 short bed
Occupation
Retired
I've wanted one since I was 16. But the stories of people that had them and hated them scared me off. Poor ride and handling and poor reliability. Now though the ride and comfort seems a lot more civil (I like the JL even better than my JK). The reliability doesn't worry me as I am now able to afford to fix it. I liked that when I got in it and drove it I felt like I was back in the 60's again. Yes, it looks and drives like a cinder block. But somehow that appeals to me. I grew tired of sports cars, Luxury cars depreciate too much. I love that the looks don't change so you really don't want to trade just to get the newest look. I insist on having 4wd for...you know the Zombie Apocalypse. The jeep meets all my needs

kiese02

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Owned a 2003 Rubicon Tomb Raider that the family loved but sold it as the family was quickly outgrowing it and we could no longer fit comfortably ( 2 sons both 6' plus and ones built like a brick shithouse!!) and our poor dog was mad every time we took it out as he had to stay home due to him having no room!! Went 1 week after selling the TJ before my whole family decided that we NEEDED another jeep!! Miss the TJ but love our new JLUR and the space that we now have. Jeep sure has come a long way since 2003!!!

20181027_214407.jpg

jeepjlur.jpg

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White 2 door Willys V6 Automatic
I insist on having 4wd for...you know the Zombie Apocalypse. The jeep meets all my needs
Exactly my reasoning lol. I told my family to sit tight during a zombie apocalypse and wait for me to pick them up in my Wrangler and we’d be unstoppable.
Sponsored