Sponsored

Guy walks into a service department...

99wishes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Moab
Why does something dumb happen at the dealership every time, yet they act like it’s all under control. Here’s mine from today, interested in what else you have heard that will make us laugh...make it a joke.

Guy walks into a service department...associate opens the hood, looks in the engine and says “yep, your steering damper is on backwards”. I had my “he stayed in a holiday inn express” moment. I didn’t even know what to say I guess there’s more than one way to look at something under the Jeep.
Sponsored

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
A new Jeep owner pushes his Rubicon into the dealership and tells the mechanic that it died. After working on it for a few minutes, he has it idling smoothly. "What's the story?" he asked. "Just crap in the carburator," the Jeep mechanic replied. "How often do I have to do that?" asked the newbie.

Sorry... I just couldn't resist the thread title.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Earlier this year I took my 2018 JKUR Recon with 6,000 miles to the only Jeep dealer we have in town for them to take a look at a squeaky driver seat, and a loud knocking sound coming from the passenger side A-pillar.

I had bought the Jeep at my prior Jeep dealership in California, it had a 2” Mopar lift, 35” tires and a warn winch mounted on the front. This was the 2nd or 3rd attempt to have them take a look at the Jeep. Next thing I know a disheveled service manager and one of the service techs in greasy coveralls are walking around my Jeep looking at it like it just landed from Mars.

The manager bends down, points at one of the front shocks and mutters “that’s not a factory lift!” “Yes it is; it says Mopar right on the struts” I reply. He squints trying to read the Mopar logo stamped on the shock. Then his accomplice says “You didn’t buy this Jeep here, did you?” I respond “No I didn’t. I bought it at my prior dealership when I lived in Los Angeles. But I don’t see what that has anything to do with anything.” The manager jumps in “So you are not from here.” “Correct” I reply, “I moved here 18 months ago”. He adds “But you don’t live here...”. At that point I asked them to give me keys back and open the service bay door; I’m done.

As I get in the Jeep and start the Jeep the manager comes up to my window and says “So what is this noise you are talking about?” I simply drove away.

That’s the type of customer service one gets from Jeep around after you drop 50 Grand for on one of their products.

This was the most expensive of eight Wranglers I’ve owned, and came with the crummiest assembly quality
nc_oc=AQnb_6ElTNCL08HUfeDqjlEO10BjI1Jj1zHqIZsNG2nqYzJXqBrkMXov8SxDaRG7EQ4&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

nc_oc=AQlcGKw02EGQfqX_j_LoMeHzFPa0v4N00joiqXojVjwSbbJzwVSLuKodZkEW2HtqqR8&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

nc_oc=AQlMPqYjXe0yfPyMAcwArji-xPB9iYkK61dn8fn8M7ZLRMGAjtD-z3HYERm7OLJAxXU&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

Last edited:

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Guy walks in to the a service department.
Points to the JL parked by the door. Would like to get an oil change.
Rep squints at the Jeep, that a JK?

Guy walks out with a receipt for 6 quarts of 5w20.

Last edited:

UDUBJL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0T
Earlier this year I took my 2018 JKUR Recon with 6,000 miles to the only Jeep dealer we have in town for them to take a look at a squeaky driver seat, and a loud knocking sound coming from the passenger side A-pillar.

I had bought the Jeep at my prior Jeep dealership in California, it had a 2” Mopar lift, 35” tires and a warn winch mounted on the front. This was the 2nd or 3rd attempt to have them take a look at the Jeep. Next thing I know a disheveled service manager and one of the service techs in greasy coveralls are walking around my Jeep looking at it like it just landed from Mars.

The manager bends down, points at one of the front shocks and mutters “that’s not a factory lift!” “Yes it is; it says Mopar right on the struts” I reply. He squints trying to read the Mopar logo stamped on the shock. Then his accomplice says “You didn’t buy this Jeep here, did you?” I respond “No I didn’t. I bought it at my prior dealership when I lived in Los Angeles. But I don’t see what that has anything to do with anything.” The manager jumps in “So you are not from here.” “Correct, I moved here 18 months ago” I reply. He adds “But you don’t live here...”. At that point I asked them to give me keys back and open the garage door; I’m done.

As I get in the Jeep and start the Jeep the manager comes up to my window and says “So what is this noise you are talking about?” I simply drove away.

That’s the type of customer service one gets from Jeep around after you drop 50 Grand for on one of their products.

This was the most expensive of eight Wranglers I’ve owned, and came with the crummiest assembly quality
nc_oc=AQnb_6ElTNCL08HUfeDqjlEO10BjI1Jj1zHqIZsNG2nqYzJXqBrkMXov8SxDaRG7EQ4&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

nc_oc=AQlcGKw02EGQfqX_j_LoMeHzFPa0v4N00joiqXojVjwSbbJzwVSLuKodZkEW2HtqqR8&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

nc_oc=AQlMPqYjXe0yfPyMAcwArji-xPB9iYkK61dn8fn8M7ZLRMGAjtD-z3HYERm7OLJAxXU&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg
That color scheme and package has always been my favorite. They should do it with the JL.

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0

The manager bends down, points at one of the front shocks and mutters “that’s not a factory lift!” “Yes it is; it says Mopar right on the struts” I reply. He squints trying to read the Mopar logo stamped on the shock. Then his accomplice says “You didn’t buy this Jeep here, did you?” I respond “No I didn’t. I bought it at my prior dealership when I lived in Los Angeles. But I don’t see what that has anything to do with anything.” The manager jumps in “So you are not from here.” “Correct” I reply, “I moved here 18 months ago”. He adds “But you don’t live here...”. At that point I asked them to give me keys back and open the service bay door; I’m done.

Looks like a job for Fantom Works ;)

Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Guy walks in to the service department and receives great service. Shout out to Fitzpatrick’s in Ansonia, CT!

jeepdabest

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara
Guy walks into his doctor's office. (Doc owns a Jeep Rubicon) Doctor says, 'I've got some terrible news!' Guy says, "OMG...tell me!"
Doc says, "Well, your tests have come back. It looks like you have cancer and Alzheimers." Guy says, "Wow, thank GoD I don't have cancer!"

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Guy walks in to a service department..

But walks out 10 minutes later when told the Jeep was "functioning as designed."

---

Guy walks in to a service department for dash panel malfunction.

But walks out 10 minutes later when told it wasn't covered under warranty because he had a lift installed.

OP
OP
99wishes

99wishes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Moab
Guy walks in to the service department and receives great service. Shout out to Fitzpatrick’s in Ansonia, CT!
Now they will get a call from FCA asking them to take it down a notch.

Guy walks in to a service department..

But walks out 10 minutes later when told the Jeep was "functioning as designed."

---

Guy walks in to a service department for dash panel malfunction.

But walks out 10 minutes later when told it wasn't covered under warranty because he had a lift installed.
Guy walks into a service department. Again.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Now they will get a call from FCA asking them to take it down a notch.

Guy walks into a service department. Again.
Guy walks into a service department to get some issues looked at.
He walks out 10 minutes later when told it's an off-road vehicle so it's Just-a-Jeep-Thing™.

---

Guy walks into a service department again to get some issues looked at.
He walks out 10 minutes later when told it's not covered by warranty because he took it off-road.
Sponsored