Off Road Pages disappeared today

Mjanski

First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Had dealer do the TSB today when they did the damper recall. Picked up the vehicle after hours when the service department people were gone and guess what no off-road pages. Talked with them during the day and they said they reloaded the app. Uconnect was no help prior about doing over air and said the dealer had to do it. Frustrated as I am stuck between two organizations that don’t seem to know what they are doing. Anyone follow the instructions posted here and hitting a reset and letting the vehicle run for 20 minutes? Any luck or suggestion?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Greg H

Greg H

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
Had dealer do the TSB today when they did the damper recall. Picked up the vehicle after hours when the service department people were gone and guess what no off-road pages. Talked with them during the day and they said they reloaded the app. Uconnect was no help prior about doing over air and said the dealer had to do it. Frustrated as I am stuck between two organizations that don’t seem to know what they are doing. Anyone follow the instructions posted here and hitting a reset and letting the vehicle run for 20 minutes? Any luck or suggestion?
I had the TSB done in January 19 and had the ORP for a couple of weeks then they were gone again. I contacted @JeepCares and they were able to get an over the air update done to put them back on.that was in February and had no issues since.

Mjanski

First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
I had the TSB done in January 19 and had the ORP for a couple of weeks then they were gone again. I contacted @JeepCares and they were able to get an over the air update done to put them back on.that was in February and had no issues since.
I tried the over the air app update request in June but was advised by Uconnect rep they were no longer doing over the air and that it would have to be done by dealer. I waited till I had a need to visit the dealer and requested and got the results I did today. See many others seems to have it disappear on them too.

OP
OP
Greg H

Greg H

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
I tried the over the air app update request in June but was advised by Uconnect rep they were no longer doing over the air and that it would have to be done by dealer. I waited till I had a need to visit the dealer and requested and got the results I did today. See many others seems to have it disappear on them too.
They were saying that back in January also. I had to take it to the dealer to follow a TSB to add them. I had the ORP for about 2 weeks after that then lost them. I got @JeepCares involved and they were able to get them reinstalled with an over the air update.

tdoga2

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
FWIW - here's my story. I bought a 2018 JLUR about 2 weeks ago and in reading through the forums here, I found that my UConnect system was missing the Off Road Pages (ORP). So, I called Jeepcares at 18774265337. They confirmed my VIN and I then asked if there was an update available for my UConnect system. They confirmed there was, and sent me an email witha link to the following website to download the update. https://www.driveuconnect.com/support/software-update.html I had to enter my VIN again.

I downloaded the 9.95GB file to my local machine, unzipped it and transferred two directories worth of files to the root directory of a FAT32 formatted 16GB USB flash drive. When I got to my Jeep in my work parking lot, followed the instructions I got from the webpage above (see screenshot) to update my system.

It took about 45 minutes (not the 64 it originally estimated) and I now have an updated system with ORP and altitude/GPS readings that are accurate! I'm pleased with the process. It was simple and straightforward.

That's my story. I hope this helps folks out there.
--T

Screen Shot 2019-09-19 at 1.16.50 PM.png

Sponsored

77RRAD

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered my 19 in Feb received in April. The Jeep was ordered wrong even after confirming 3 times.
Dealer found another one close to what I ordered and that had all the options I wanted that could only be added at the factory and then added the rest. Waited another 3 weeks. Never had ORP until the jeep was in for the 3rd time with less then 3k miles on it for warranty issues and also been waiting 2 months plus for SS recall. They added the ORP 3 weeks ago and today they were gone.
This is not a daily driver either.
This is my first FCA purchase.......

Ron

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I ordered my 19 in Feb received in April. The Jeep was ordered wrong even after confirming 3 times.
Dealer found another one close to what I ordered and that had all the options I wanted that could only be added at the factory and then added the rest. Waited another 3 weeks. Never had ORP until the jeep was in for the 3rd time with less then 3k miles on it for warranty issues and also been waiting 2 months plus for SS recall. They added the ORP 3 weeks ago and today they were gone.
This is not a daily driver either.
This is my first FCA purchase.......

Ron
Hi Ron,

I'm sorry to hear about your Off Road Pages. Has your Uconnect system been recently updated? Please send us a PM, I would like to look into this further for you.

Alison
JeepCares

85CJto18JL

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Jeep Insulin Powered! 2018 JLUR turned Diabetes Awareness build
FWIW - here's my story. I bought a 2018 JLUR about 2 weeks ago and in reading through the forums here, I found that my UConnect system was missing the Off Road Pages (ORP). So, I called Jeepcares at 18774265337. They confirmed my VIN and I then asked if there was an update available for my UConnect system. They confirmed there was, and sent me an email witha link to the following website to download the update. https://www.driveuconnect.com/support/software-update.html I had to enter my VIN again.

I downloaded the 9.95GB file to my local machine, unzipped it and transferred two directories worth of files to the root directory of a FAT32 formatted 16GB USB flash drive. When I got to my Jeep in my work parking lot, followed the instructions I got from the webpage above (see screenshot) to update my system.

It took about 45 minutes (not the 64 it originally estimated) and I now have an updated system with ORP and altitude/GPS readings that are accurate! I'm pleased with the process. It was simple and straightforward.

That's my story. I hope this helps folks out there.
--T

Screen Shot 2019-09-19 at 1.16.50 PM.png
Let me knowhow long that works for you. I did the exact same thing and two weeks later. ORP disappeared!

bkgray115

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
I lost mine today, so I used the assistant button. They said 3 -7 times off driving and opening the door for at least 45 sec will update the system and it should return. I guess we will see...

85CJto18JL

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I lost mine today, so I used the assistant button. They said 3 -7 times off driving and opening the door for at least 45 sec will update the system and it should return. I guess we will see...
Sit there with door open running?

Sponsored

bkgray115

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Sit there with door open running?
No when you open door between driving it . I not sure if he was BS'ing me I don't know that the door has a timer or the computer is looking how long it is open.

85CJto18JL

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Let me know what happens, it has been a week since gone AFTER I did the whole update myself. Tried to update again and it says I have latest version.

bkgray115

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Let me know what happens, it has been a week since gone AFTER I did the whole update myself. Tried to update again and it says I have latest version.
Have you driven the jeep at least 15min 7 times in that last week? if so then they told me BS just to buy time

85CJto18JL

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have not but will soon so let you know