Sponsored

Borla Exhaust for the 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL!

Ian@Borla

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Borla
I installed the Touring model today and the sound (for me) is MUCH better; in fact it sounds even more like my AMG GLC43 than the S Type does. The only thing that I did not like was the connector pipe actually touches the sway bar (not a hard touch, but I would have expected it not to touch at all).

@Lisa@Borla, @Ian@Borla - is this by design?
Hi! It definitely should not be touching the sway bar. You may be able to adjust the system a bit so that it doesn't touch, but please do not hesitate to call us. Our phone number is 1-877-462-6752 (Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:00pm PST) or you can reach out to our Customer Service Manager at [email protected] and we'll get you taken care of.
Sponsored

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Hi! It definitely should not be touching the sway bar. You may be able to adjust the system a bit so that it doesn't touch, but please do not hesitate to call us. Our phone number is 1-877-462-6752 (Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:00pm PST) or you can reach out to our Customer Service Manager at [email protected] and we'll get you taken care of.
The problem is that the connector pipe is the same size as the OEM pipe. I had to go to a local muffler shop and have the pipe expanded so that it would seat completely onto the factory pipe. Needless to say, the fact that I could not return or exchange a "new" Type S system (and will have to eat part of the cost of that system by selling it used) and that I have now had to pay a local muffler shop to expand the pipe on the brand new Touring model that I bought does not make me a satisfied customer in the slightest.

I understand that I am not the only one who has had to have the pipe expanded. Check your QC process, there is a problem there!

stangken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 335i/Triumph Thruxton R/Suzuki SV650
You asked, we listened...

After receiving a good amount of requests, we have decided to develop a "Climber" Cat-Back system in our Touring sound level to go alongside our S-Type system. We have not started development, but we do have plans to offer the Touring "Climber" for both the two and four door JL and both the 3.6L and 2.0L engines. Thank you all for your support. We always appreciate the feedback!

That being said, we need to bring vehicles into our R&D facility to build the Touring “Climber.” (Our R&D facility is located in Oxnard, California.) If you are interested in letting us borrow your Jeep or know somebody that would be, please send me a PM. We will need your vehicle for 3 weeks for development and photo/video. Thank you all!
Any word on when the touring climber will be available? How much r&d is needed? Slap the sucker on and and take it for a drive ;)

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
Any word on when the touring climber will be available? How much r&d is needed? Slap the sucker on and and take it for a drive ;)
Im ready to order now too

Sponsored

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
so is the touring climber for the 3.6l shipping? whats the part number? i don't see on their site but maybe they haven't updated it.

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
so is the touring climber for the 3.6l shipping? whats the part number? i don't see on their site but maybe they haven't updated it.
They told me a few weeks ago it’s not ready

77RRAD

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Any ETA on this?
Tried the AFE and with the Sky One Touch it had drone from 2500 to 3100. Drove 6 miles and removed it.

Last edited:

Fred

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 2 door Rubicon X in Anvil
Any ETA in this?
Tried the AFE and with the Sky One Touch it had drone from 2400 to 3200. Drove 6 miles and removed it.
I have the Dynomax Muffler delete. Sounds good, gives great ground clearance. no drone only $100 and Installs in minutes,

haiducool

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
I have the Dynomax Muffler delete. Sounds good, gives great ground clearance. no drone only $100 and Installs in minutes,
I did the same, was too loud for me (and all neighborhood), installed a Vibrant resonator to quiet it down, still a bit loud and the sound is meh. To each its own.

Sponsored

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
That’s how I am right, now I hate the fact mine is peeling and either it is being replaced by another Borla that wont peel or a different brand.
does anyone have any suggestions on an exhaust tip that is black and works well?

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
i'm guessing at this point we won't be getting any bf/cm deals on a touring climber. still will get it but was hoping it'd be out in time for the specials this time of year.

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Mine has started to peel on the inside of the exhausts as well. It was installed new on September 20 so in less than 2 months, the poor quality of the coating rears its head. I also only put about 500 miles on my Rubicon during that time.

@Ian@Borla - what is the remedy for this?

diesel1218

First Name
Derrick Andrews
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Wrangler Willys
does anyone have any suggestions on an exhaust tip that is black and works well?
When Borla replaced mine for free, it hasnt peeled since. I think they switched up their coating. So far I am pretty happy with it, I think it could sound better but I like a loud deep sound.
Sponsored