Sponsored

Differences in the 2020 JL thread

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
I’m learning that the 2020 JL has some subtle differences that have already impacted a purchase or two. I figured I would pass along what I know and if others see more, post away!

1) the back of the back seat is different. The prior version had subtle holes that (when cut out) allowed you to install the cargo liner kit. The 2020 is thicker and without the preset holes and will not work with the current cargo mat option. You can get as far as the gap hider, but the two mats on the backs of the seats do not attach. On the Mopar site, they do not list the part number for 2020.

2) the layout of the 8.4 is slightly different. The view of the gps when combined with the radio is elongated. If you see them side by side, the interface is different. Not sure why the prior didn’t update to this, but perhaps that’s a future over-air flash.

That’s what I know so far. I’ll post more tomorrow when I go through more tomorrow!
Sponsored

MCJA

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon EcoDiesel
1) the back of the back seat is different. The prior version had subtle holes that (when cut out) allowed you to install the cargo liner kit. The 2020 is thicker and without the preset holes and will not work with the current cargo mat option. You can get as far as the gap hider, but the two mats on the backs of the seats do not attach. On the Mopar site, they do not list the part number for 2020.
That's great info - thanks for posting! The cargo mat was one of my first planned additions - for dog disaster insurance. I wonder if the aftermarket is tracking the change.

As of now ALL Rubicons have red dash no matter exterior color unless you get saddle interior
They really need to make some options for the dash. I haven't heard about anyone saying they love it. (Maybe they're out there.) But I've heard plenty of folks say how much they dislike it. This would be an interesting poll for JLWF. FCA has folks that watch these forums for consumer feedback.

Bayoudoug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
That's great info - thanks for posting! The cargo mat was one of my first planned additions - for dog disaster insurance. I wonder if the aftermarket is tracking the change.

They really need to make some options for the dash. I haven't heard about anyone saying they love it. (Maybe they're out there.) But I've heard plenty of folks say how much they dislike it. This would be an interesting poll for JLWF. FCA has folks that watch these forums for consumer feedback.
I just ordered a 2020 Rubicon and I made sure to get the dash. Now, I like the red (it works for me) and it will compliment the mods I will doing.

evs

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Looks like Jeep made an update part number for the cargo tray. Maybe that works for the 2020? 82215185AD.

Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU

I honestly haven't heard anyone that actually owns one that dislikes the red. I honestly would have preferred it with my Punk'n.

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
Here you go then —- I don’t just dislike the red dash —I abhor it. That’s the first thing I want changed once mine arrives. It’s being shipped currently and already looking at painting it.

mazeppa

First Name
y = x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
Doesn't the 2020 JL have the option of auto high beam in certain packages? The 2020 JT does not.

KnG818

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon
Here you go then —- I don’t just dislike the red dash —I abhor it. That’s the first thing I want changed once mine arrives. It’s being shipped currently and already looking at painting it.
I abh-what it?!

Biohazard

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (sold May 2020); now own 2020 trd pro Tacoma
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I like the red dash :)

Sponsored

IndustrialAction

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I honestly haven't heard anyone that actually owns one that dislikes the red. I honestly would have preferred it with my Punk'n.
I have the red dash and I hate it. Doesn't work with my overall look. Someday when I get around to it I'll order the gray dash and swap it

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
I have the red dash and I hate it. Doesn't work with my overall look. Someday when I get around to it I'll order the gray dash and swap it
Also the reason I opted against the Rubicon. Too much red for me. The look is really sexy, but that red kills it for me.

Bayoudoug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Go to a local FASTSIGNS Center and they can help you with a color change film from 3M. It is made for vehicles. There are many colors and textures to choose to include carbon fibre in many colors, camp, and metals. This is a very high end film and made for auto color changes.

I know this because we own a FASTSIGNS and we work with the film. With that being said, I love the red dash and won’t be covering it.

Last edited:

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
Go to a local FASTSIGNS Center and they can help you with a color change film from 3M. It is made for vehicles. There are many colors and textures to choose to include carbon fibre in many colors, camp, and metals. This is a very high end film and made for auto color changes.

I know this because we own a FASTSIGNS and we work with the film. With that being said, I love the red sash and won’t be covering it.
That’s great to know b/c I was looking at ordering the bikini paint. It’s not a bad red...just I have a bikini color coming and the red totally clashes with my color scheme I have planned. I refuse to have my Jeep resemble any part of a Superman film. Haha