Sponsored

Gladiator Fox shocks on JLUR?

Moregone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I got the full Gladiator Rubicon suspension yesterday and installed just the front shocks on my JLUR this morning.

I am confirm that shock is less stiff than the oem shock by putting my weight equally on both and the fox starting to collapse sooner. Before installing I ran through a set of dips in my neighborhood that are pretty jarring. After the install I would say that the dips were more plush. It didn't seem to jump back as quick but soaked up the hit pretty good.

I haven't taken out a rear shock yet to compare but can tell you the rear Gladiator Fox shock is even softer than the fronts.

Right now I am 50/50 if I am going keep the front shocks on. I don't think I want to modify the rears to fit the JL. I could buy Fox 2.0 rears for the JL but then the "Set" I have would be broken up and probably less resale.
Sponsored

Kevin Mojito

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Moijto 2005 TJ AEV Hemi
If you are worried about selling the JT shocks, then just put a stack of washer for the top. need about 1 1/4 worth of washers. Leave the holes alone for just testing.

Moregone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
If you are worried about selling the JT shocks, then just put a stack of washer for the top. need about 1 1/4 worth of washers. Leave the holes alone for just testing.
My understanding is the hole had to be drilled out to work. I would think that would mean the bolt doesn't fit? I got spacers

EDIT: ahh, I read it again and see he was drilling out his spacers. Hmm

Kevin Mojito

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes the JT's are a 14mm hole. JL's are 13mm It's not much to worry about for testing. Bolt on and go test. If you want them on for long term get the spacers and JB weld out.

Kripas

First Name
Kripas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU

Sponsored

Kevin Mojito

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You can just bolt them on with washers and call it good to go. You just have to crank down the on the bolt to keep them from clicking. The oversized hole of the JT will make noise if not filled or really torqued to hold the shock still. Or drill out the JL and run the 14mm bolts from JT.

Sponsored

Kevin Mojito

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They are much softer then the red rubi shocks. I still have them on mine and have gotten use to them. I think they are too soft for off road. I'm hoping to find some take off Mojave in the future.

Last edited:

catang5oh

First Name
Darrin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Cherokee
Have you installed it ? Hows the ride, is it worth it to swap from Rubicon shocks?
They take the bumps on road much better, as some have said they seem softer but it may just be much better dampening. Haven’t been off road yet, we will see.

Cosmetically the look great.

Kripas

First Name
Kripas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU
They take the bumps on road much better, as some have said they seem softer but it may just be much better dampening. Haven’t been off road yet, we will see.

Cosmetically the look great.
Thanks , I’m really about to pull the trigger on this but just searching the ride quality.

Kevin Mojito

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I put my Mopar 2.5 fox back on today. All the interior started rattling / squeaking.....

Thashef

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Hydro Blue
I put my Mopar 2.5 fox back on today. All the interior started rattling / squeaking.....
So you liked JT Rubicon better? I don't offroad at all and my biggest complain is the bumpy ride that I have on my Sahara, would you recommend for me?
Sponsored