MY20 JL Changes

Rubi D

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon Diesel, Hella Yella
@rubileon Yeah I won't lie. It did take a while for me to get used to the length of the bumper on my JK. Sensors would help there.
Also agree with preferring how the steel bumper is slightly shorter. Helps even when parking in my garage. I was not a fan of how much the plastic one stuck out..
I added one of these to my garage wall; (They don't build garages big enough these days)
https://www.bunnings.com.au/builders-edge-safety-45cm-domed-safety-mirror_p1091306
I can see exactly where my bumper is. No need for sensors.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jaydee_S

Jaydee_S

First Name
Jaydee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Mojito Rubicon
That's exactly what I mean... false positives. Increasing the sensitivity would just make it worse.

Btw your Jeep looks great. Are those real plates?
Yeah, at the end of the day to me.. Im loving this car so so so much more than my 2009 Forester XT Premium... Though i do miss the turbo sounds haha.

thanks about the jeep and yup those are my real plates =)

rogisilva

First Name
Igor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Rotadyne.com.au
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR OB
Occupation
Design Development Manager
I added one of these to my garage wall; (They don't build garages big enough these days)
https://www.bunnings.com.au/builders-edge-safety-45cm-domed-safety-mirror_p1091306
I can see exactly where my bumper is. No need for sensors.
That's not a bad idea! But I do reverse into my garage 99% of the time. I use the mirrors to align the jeep and then the reverse camera to see how close to the wall I can go.. I ignore the beeps, they don't help in this case... In my old JK I would align the side window with a pillar to know I went far back enough, but sometimes the front bumper would still stick our under the garage door... and I would have to reverse or push the jeep back a bit...

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
I drive my 2 door forwards into my garage. As I enter, I turn on the reversing camera. I drive forward and when the camera is lined up with a certain point, I come to a stop. This leaves plenty of space between the front of the Jeep and my work bench.

Joey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 grand cherokee
Spoke to the local dealer today as we have order a bikini rubicon to make sure still advailible informed me that hellayella is the only color been dropped from the color choices for 2020.

Sponsored

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
Spoke to the local dealer today as we have order a bikini rubicon to make sure still advailible informed me that hellayella is the only color been dropped from the color choices for 2020.
Too bad. Yellow wasn't the worst. There's too many grey options and the orange/pumpkin got a bit too common because they were used for launch and got sold at dirt prices.

pguerreiro

First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon MY20
D) Soft top no longer included with Rubicon ($2700 option), Steel bar no longer included (Cant remember the price), Electrical group is now standard i believe, The Heritage Tan leather seat colour option has been replaced by another colour (Once again, cant remember what)
Hey Jaydee, I have been discussing with the dealer, about my new JLU Rubicon, they've quoted me a price for the 2020 model, they've also told me the car is exactly the same as the 2019. By the way, I made sure they've included the the soft top and hard top on the price, however not sure what do you mean by "the steel bar no longer included", what is this still bar?

I've noticed that the electric group does not mean, the car is fitted with the tow receiver (trailer), you need to pay extra for that, I believe is $800 but not sure about the exact price.

Last edited:

Joey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 grand cherokee
Hey Jaydee, I have been discussing with the dealer, about my new JLU Rubicon, they've quoted me a price for the 2020 model, they've also told me the car is exactly the same as the 2019. By the way, I made sure they've included the the soft top and hard top on the price, however not sure what do you mean by "the steel bar no longer included", what is this still bar?

I've noticed that the electric group does not mean, the car is fitted with the tow receiver (trailer), you need to pay extra for that, I believe is $800 but not sure about the exact price.
Hey Pedro, I have a Rubicon on order delivery date ( march 2020) model and it has been confirmed from knox jeep in Melbourne the soft top is not included and was discontinued as part of the October changes ( if you ordered prior to September 15th it is included along with a steel winch front bar with red tow hooks) if you download the spec sheet on the jeep website is shows the soft top as an optional extra UNLESS your getting a Sport which it is included (sport 2 & 4 doors).

pguerreiro

First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey Pedro, I have a Rubicon on order delivery date ( march 2020) model and it has been confirmed from knox jeep in Melbourne the soft top is not included and was discontinued as part of the October changes ( if you ordered prior to September 15th it is included along with a steel winch front bar with red tow hooks) if you download the spec sheet on the jeep website is shows the soft top as an optional extra UNLESS your getting a Sport which it is included (sport 2 & 4 doors).
I understand that, the dealer told me the same, he also told me the price will increase around $3000 for the 2020 model, however my car is already in stock, reason why it still come's with the dual top kit. I was trying to understand the differences between the 2019 and 2020, when I run into this tread and Jaydee comments about the "steel bar no longer included", I wonder what that is...

Rubi D

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I understand that, the dealer told me the same, he also told me the price will increase around $3000 for the 2020 model, however my car is already in stock, reason why it still come's with the dual top kit. I was trying to understand the differences between the 2019 and 2020, when I run into this tread and Jaydee comments about the "steel bar no longer included", I wonder what that is...
If you are still wondering, Jaydee is referring to the front bumper. For 2019 models the front bumper on the Australian Rubicon is steel, winch capable with the red tow hooks as mentioned by Joey. For the 2020 model the steel bumper becomes optional with a plastic bumper being standard.
Hope this helps.

Sponsored

pguerreiro

First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi Guys, finally got my JLU Rubicon and it is a MY20, unfortunately for me it did not came with the Steel bumper, the dealer included the softop for me free of charge, mostly because he had promised me that the car he had in stock had exactly the same characteristics of the MY19, unfortunately for me, I did not confirm what type of bumper was included in the car. Damit!

As far as I can see, the car looks exactly like the UK version. However, I've noticed a very annoying detail that I haven't seen on the MY19 so far, the lowest point in the car is not the differential, there's a small metal plate hanging from the direction damper/stabiliser that I am not sure the reason why it's there. Found a photo online from the ARB website that has exactly the same, I will post photos from my jeep later.

Does anyone knows why it is there? I've asked the dealer, they don't know either...

JL_Wrangler_Bar02.jpg

Rubi D

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi Guys, finally got my JLU Rubicon and it is a MY20, unfortunately for me it did not came with the Steel bumper, the dealer included the softop for me free of charge, mostly because he had promised me that the car he had in stock had exactly the same characteristics of the MY19, unfortunately for me, I did not confirm what type of bumper was included in the car. Damit!

As far as I can see, the car looks exactly like the UK version. However, I've noticed a very annoying detail that I haven't seen on the MY19 so far, the lowest point in the car is not the differential, there's a small metal plate hanging from the direction damper/stabiliser that I am not sure the reason why it's there. Found a photo online from the ARB website that has exactly the same, I will post photos from my jeep later.

Does anyone knows why it is there? I've asked the dealer, they don't know either...

JL_Wrangler_Bar02.jpg
Totally unfathomable. A really dumb location for such a vehicle. Maybe the relocation fell outside the development budget.

I note there are some mods that have relocated the steering damper. Double Black mentioned it some time ago which I referred to in a previous post. Worthwhile looking into. I know it was the first thing in my mind when negotiating some tricky obstacles.

pguerreiro

First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
By the way the MY20 does have the front parking sensors, as you can see from the photo...

JL_Wrangler_Bar02.jpg
By the way the MY20 does have the front parking sensors, as you can see from the photo... if you ever need help :facepalm: but what is this??? :swear:

IMG_6050.jpg

davejkenny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Pretty sure it’s the locking tab for the nut on the steering shock mount. A good trip off-road should sort it out

pguerreiro

First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pretty sure it’s the locking tab for the nut on the steering shock mount. A good trip off-road should sort it out
Here's a closer look... the dealer did a good job cleaning the car... :facepalm: The problem here is, it looks pretty sturdy, if I hit a rock, it can cause other problem to the steering system, that's my main concern.

IMG_7788.JPG
Sponsored