Sponsored

Quirks not addressed in User Guide

Durango

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, 2019 Ram 1500 Quadcab 4X4, 2018 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 Charger SRT, 2018 American Dream, 2017 Ram 1500 Reg Cab 4X4, 2020 Redwood 3951MB, 2019 Mercedes 4WD Van
Thank you "now" Viper, here's mine. 251220
Well, a week has gone by and I still don't have mine. Did yours only take a week? Should I contact @Jeep CARES?

VA72mlibu

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLR; 1972 Chevy Malibu; DHC-7 & BeechCraft King-Air (operated, not owned)
Mine came in about a week.

Sponsored

Durango

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, 2019 Ram 1500 Quadcab 4X4, 2018 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 Charger SRT, 2018 American Dream, 2017 Ram 1500 Reg Cab 4X4, 2020 Redwood 3951MB, 2019 Mercedes 4WD Van
Figures - got a "book" alright today, but it's the Warranty Booklet instead of the owner's manual. I should've figured that situation where there were four choices all the same, would lead to the wrong choice! LOL. Next? (try the other three, one at a time?)

Freebooter

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2020 Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
Just ordered mine from the link provided................thanks Viperjon!

Durango

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spoke with FCA - they will look into why I cannot now order another selection on the list - they didn't even know there was a list of like-named items.

amnesiac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S
Figures - got a "book" alright today, but it's the Warranty Booklet instead of the owner's manual. I should've figured that situation where there were four choices all the same, would lead to the wrong choice! LOL. Next? (try the other three, one at a time?)
I had the same thing happen.

Sponsored

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
There’s a reason why so many users have blocked him. He’s an idiot!
Actually Joe people I know think I'm kind of smart--not God's gift to intelligence but smart--but hey, you're entitled to disagree.

And you do so I suspect because you don't like what I have to say.

I don't dislike you so much as your ideas. Along with a bunch of other posters you live in a fantasy world that has you believe if some supplemental material to the owner's manual, that both differs from it and has you refer to it for full details, it is your ticket to follow the supplement and be able to subrogate damages on to FCA.

It isn't. Those "see the owner's manual for full detail disclaimers" are there for a reason. While not a get out of jail free card for FCA in court either, your chances of winning litigation against FCA for damages cause by following such a supplement (when differing from the owner's manual) are quite slim.

There's one thing nobody can disagree with. A better case against FCA will be found if you follow the Owner's Manual and some aspect of your owner's experience goes South, than following a supplement with details dissenting from the owner's manual that has you refer to the owner's manual.

That I can guarantee you. Feel free to get pissed off, disagree with this, be wrong, and hate me for it. It is after all, your right.

Believe what you hope is true--even when it's not--if that's what floats your boat.

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Hey @Rahneld prove it. Please provide the legal basis for your argument.
My proof comes from lawyers who specialize in automobile tort law. But I've already said that and you've been told it. Even if I'd furnish you with case law, you'd read 100s of pages, frustrated on the length of my posts? Really? You'd have the acumen to understand why the trial judge arrived at the decisions they did as they cite 5 prior cases you likely know not of?

Right back at you. Why don't you access legal council to furnish examples here of situations in case law where big money claims were paid out to vehicle owners who followed some supplement with dissenting advice to the owner's manual, a supplement say which had you refer to the owner's manual for complete details, and something litigious (i.e. capable of making a good case against the manufacturer) "went South."

Good luck with that. Nobody can disagree that you'll have a better case following the Owner's Manual and collecting damages from the manufacturer should something go South than a dissenting supplement from the Owner's Manual guidance, which expressly tells you to check the Owner's Manual for complete details.

Let's roll play this in court @digitalbliss. You're on the stand because some really bad (competency or corrupt, you pick) laywer took your case by the hour, not contingency.

FCA attorney: "So Mr @digitalbliss, you following the supplement when this thing happened?"

You: Answer No, and you'll get back a question asking what you followed. If it's not FCA materials you're doomed. If it's the conflicting owner's manual your doomed. If its a supplement which dissents from the owner's manual but has a disclaimer to refer you to the owner's manual for complete details you are doomed. So you answer "Yes."

FCA attorney: and you agree that this supplement told you to check the Owner's Manual for complete details, correct?

You: You have no choice but to say yes.

FCA: what happened when you checked the owner's manual?

Game over.

@digitalbliss, I'm tying to do people a service here by giving them the advice that they have a much, much better chance recovering damages for things not their fault by going with the Owner's Manual.

You want to believe a dissenting supplement to the Owner's Manual with such a boiler plate disclaimer to defer to the Owner's manual is your ticket to collect damages, fell free to live in that mindset. But please don't say or infer to others that it's fine that they do so as well.

My strategy maximizes the chances they get justice.

You think these disclaimers exist because they have no bearing at trial--that FCA pays lawers untold sums to put worthless crap on ownership guidance material in the form of these disclaimers?

You think that the Owner's Manual doesn't refer to other manuals for Vehicle Operation by cooicidence?

You think decisions get made at trial by jurors charge by a judge with the law, based on emotion, when the judge says, "if you find the owner's manual the supplement referred to had guidance different from that the plaintiff followed you must find for the defendant" then go ahead and effect jury nullification? If they do the trial judge "sets aside" the verdict.

Last edited: