JLU Sahara 295/70R18 on stock wheels

ptoemmes

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Willys “Edition” TBD Mar 2021
I did send a PM to Chipe who graciously responded that the (primary) reason he put 1-5/8" wheel spacers on his Sahara with subject tire size and stock 18" with +44mm wheel backspace was to address a slight fender well liner rub - I believe - at flex. Apparently suspension rub on full lock was OK.

I am 6-9 months out from getting likely a 2019 (used) 2020 new/used JLU Sahara and was wondering if anyone could more or less definitively say/guess that the 295/70R18 (Nitto Terra Grappler G2 116S) would fit on stock 18" rim, no spacers and perhaps a 2" Teraflex (or similar) puck leveling lift with/without stock shock spacers.

This is South Florida so trails/beaches at best and likely never any near full articulation offroading.

Thanks to Chipe for his response and thanks in advance to any who comment.

Pete

PS

I had a 2017 JKU Willys that I had to sell after one year - yes I took a mud bath. Had two olderish GSDs now only one. Female who had terrible arthritis but passed last Dec of blood cancer. My male should not have, but unfortunately has for over a year Degenerative Myelopathy (think human ALS) and they both needed a low load height - Pacifica - to get them/him around. I don't think my male has more that 6 months left.
Sponsored

offset_98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1993 Nissan 300ZX, 2015 Subaru Outback, 2011 Toyota Sienna
In theory it could work. There is a thread on here of a guy who has those. I’d probably stick with 275/70/18.

But 295’s are tempting.

THEREED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
In theory it could work. There is a thread on here of a guy who has those. I’d probably stick with 275/70/18.

But 295’s are tempting.
I am also trying to determine what size tires to upgrade my stock Sahara. I want to keep stock wheels and prefer something wider than 275’s. Looking for pics on stock wheels

Henrix123

First Name
Henrix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JRU Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I did send a PM to Chipe who graciously responded that the (primary) reason he put 1-5/8" wheel spacers on his Sahara with subject tire size and stock 18" with +44mm wheel backspace was to address a slight fender well liner rub - I believe - at flex. Apparently suspension rub on full lock was OK.

I am 6-9 months out from getting likely a 2019 (used) 2020 new/used JLU Sahara and was wondering if anyone could more or less definitively say/guess that the 295/70R18 (Nitto Terra Grappler G2 116S) would fit on stock 18" rim, no spacers and perhaps a 2" Teraflex (or similar) puck leveling lift with/without stock shock spacers.

This is South Florida so trails/beaches at best and likely never any near full articulation offroading.

Thanks to Chipe for his response and thanks in advance to any who comment.

Pete

PS

I had a 2017 JKU Willys that I had to sell after one year - yes I took a mud bath. Had two olderish GSDs now only one. Female who had terrible arthritis but passed last Dec of blood cancer. My male should not have, but unfortunately has for over a year Degenerative Myelopathy (think human ALS) and they both needed a low load height - Pacifica - to get them/him around. I don't think my male has more that 6 months left.
I have the Mopar 2" lift with those exact tires on stock rims with no problems at full flex. I think spacers would cause issues when flexing. Right now they stay tucked nicely in the fenders.

Henrix123

First Name
Henrix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JRU Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I am also trying to determine what size tires to upgrade my stock Sahara. I want to keep stock wheels and prefer something wider than 275’s. Looking for pics on stock wheels
IMG_20191109_133809.jpg
Sponsored