Burger JB4 tuning available now

ztobro

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2.0T
Correct, if you get towed in with an engine failure and a tune you are playing the odds you get some hassles if not a voided claim. My service manager basically said "before the turbo and after the catalyst you are ok, but anything between those two will be an issue" which was his line in the sand.

Audi became militant in this regard with tamper proof screws on the ECU box and special seals, flash load counters, not able to buy an ECU as a spare part, etc, etc - and also removing the decision from the dealership on warranty coverage for engine failure.
My reasoning exactly. The service department I've used for my Wrangler so far has been extremely laid back so far. They even let me come out to the shop floor to look at my Jeep up under the lift when they were working on my differential. I don't think they're THAT laid back though. :CWL:
Sponsored

RELBUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ , 22 JLURXR 392
For the millionth time, modifications do not void warranties. The dealer would have to prove that your aftermarket parts caused any damages that they don't want to cover. Do people really just drive around in stock rigs, get every service done at the overpriced dealer, and even buy their tires from the dealer out of fear?
You couldn't be more wrong... Modifications DO void warranties. Tuning especially, your operating the vehicle outside of design parameters the MFG has deemed safe. Try it...tune your vehicle and then need to have warranty work done, and do not hide the mods and see what happens.

Also - its extremely unethical to try and do this. You play you pay - thats how it should work. Those who try to beat the system make us all suffer.

I have had/have 4 heavily modified tuned cummins diesels, a tuned harley, tuned Explorer sport and have had the motor apart twice on my current ram, once on previous ram, trans on both rams before that... and each time I paid out of pocket. I dont even attempt warranty. Yes it sucks when something goes wrong that should have been covered and has nothing to do with my mods, but I took that gamble when I built my truck.

OP
OP
DadJokes

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Any noticeable downside so far like mileage if you can keep your foot out of it?

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Any noticeable downside so far like mileage if you can keep your foot out of it?
Interestingly between fills I average 20.9 mpg +/- 0.3 mpg. Unless I get stuck in DC traffic or we go somewhere with more highway time this is really stable and I don't stray far. I use Fuelly to compute this, but the computer is usually about the same.

With the Burger I am sitting at 21.3 mpg right now on the computer. I'm not sure I really believe this yet. So give me a couple tanks to get some better data but so far it hasn't tanked my economy.

What did hurt the upgrade budget was the $160 speeding ticket last night.....

OP
OP
DadJokes

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Interestingly between fills I average 20.9 mpg +/- 0.3 mpg. Unless I get stuck in DC traffic or we go somewhere with more highway time this is really stable and I don't stray far. I use Fuelly to compute this, but the computer is usually about the same.

With the Burger I am sitting at 21.3 mpg right now on the computer. I'm not sure I really believe this yet. So give me a couple tanks to get some better data but so far it hasn't tanked my economy.

What did hurt the upgrade budget was the $160 speeding ticket last night.....
Sounds good. The ticket, not so much.

Sponsored

sportsguy

First Name
duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JLU Rubicon w/a snail
Occupation
Marketing
I'd believe the factory is under-rating the stock engine output numbers a bit. A stock Sahara can hit 60 in roughly 6.5-ish seconds. That's not FAST, but it IS quick...and playing in sporty-car territory...a Jeep...!

Definitely bookmarking their site! I once did a simple ecu/injector swap on my Gold TDI - holy crap, did that wake things up a bunch! So I'm entirely sold on the results of quality work. Good news for most folks is the Jeep warranty isn't exactly generous,IMO, so in a few years, the warranty discussion is moot for many. ;)

OP
OP
DadJokes

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
I'd believe the factory is under-rating the stock engine output numbers a bit. A stock Sahara can hit 60 in roughly 6.5-ish seconds. That's not FAST, but it IS quick...and playing in sporty-car territory...a Jeep...!

Definitely bookmarking their site! I once did a simple ecu/injector swap on my Gold TDI - holy crap, did that wake things up a bunch! So I'm entirely sold on the results of quality work. Good news for most folks is the Jeep warranty isn't exactly generous,IMO, so in a few years, the warranty discussion is moot for many. ;)
The Giulia 2.0 is advertised as 280hp. Chassis dynos are showing 300+ at the crank. Perhaps the Jeep is too. I’ve not looked into it.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
The Giulia 2.0 is advertised as 280hp. Chassis dynos are showing 300+ at the crank. Perhaps the Jeep is too. I’ve not looked into it.
The Giulia uses the GME 2.0L just like the Jeep. The JB4 tune for the Jeep is labeled Alfa 2.0 :surprised:

Just some minor layout changes that I think are for fitting with the lower profile hood line.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
You couldn't be more wrong... Modifications DO void warranties. Tuning especially, your operating the vehicle outside of design parameters the MFG has deemed safe. Try it...tune your vehicle and then need to have warranty work done, and do not hide the mods and see what happens.

Also - its extremely unethical to try and do this. You play you pay - thats how it should work. Those who try to beat the system make us all suffer.

I have had/have 4 heavily modified tuned cummins diesels, a tuned harley, tuned Explorer sport and have had the motor apart twice on my current ram, once on previous ram, trans on both rams before that... and each time I paid out of pocket. I dont even attempt warranty. Yes it sucks when something goes wrong that should have been covered and has nothing to do with my mods, but I took that gamble when I built my truck.
The pulsar piggy back and the ride height links for leveling my air suspension have remained on my ram rebel every time it has been to the dealer, including replacing a failed ride height sensor under warranty. A piggy back or canned tune on a gas engine adding a few horsepower will be tough for them to prove that it causes whatever warranty issue you have your rig in for. Adding a supercharger, bigger turbo, massive amounts of power etc. and yes you are on your own. The magnuson moss act is very clear and has been used to force shady dealers to honor warranties a million times. With mopar selling 2" lifts for instance, they would have a tough time arguing your non-mopar lift voids the warranty as well, as it's easy to show that the aftermarket parts are not substantially different than dealer parts.

OP
OP
DadJokes

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
The pulsar piggy back and the ride height links for leveling my air suspension have remained on my ram rebel every time it has been to the dealer, including replacing a failed ride height sensor under warranty. A piggy back or canned tune on a gas engine adding a few horsepower will be tough for them to prove that it causes whatever warranty issue you have your rig in for. Adding a supercharger, bigger turbo, massive amounts of power etc. and yes you are on your own. The magnuson moss act is very clear and has been used to force shady dealers to honor warranties a million times. With mopar selling 2" lifts for instance, they would have a tough time arguing your non-mopar lift voids the warranty as well, as it's easy to show that the aftermarket parts are not substantially different than dealer parts.
If not better!

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bluesideup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 2.0
Hello Folks ! Did anyone tried to run JB4 with 100% E85 in the tank ?
How does it run ? Which map do you ise ? No CEL or other problems ?

OP
OP
DadJokes

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Do you feel any power increase around 1500rpm -2000rpm? I know it’s hoping for a lot.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Do you feel any power increase around 1500rpm -2000rpm? I know it’s hoping for a lot.
It feels a lot stronger throughout the power band, but really comes on around 2500 to 4000 rpm.

Yes, more torque down low, and you pull away from a stop without the awkward hiccup between the e-torque and the engine coming into power being so noticeable.

Rploaded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Has any one messed with an ECU from a Julia that’s been tuned? There are some vicious tunes out for Alfa’s.

I’ve done business with EuroCompulsion before and their swap was incredible. Night and day.

OP
OP
DadJokes

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Has any one messed with an ECU from a Julia that’s been tuned? There are some vicious tunes out for Alfa’s.

I’ve done business with EuroCompulsion before and their swap was incredible. Night and day.
I own an 18 Giulia (the reason I wanted the 2.0) and I’m a member of a forum. The tunes from different tuners are claimed to give a wide range of gains. I think the minimum I’ve read is 30 Hp and some claim up to 90 hp somewhere in the curve. Massive torque increases. The majority of the gain is midrange with the turbo running out of breath up top so the gains are much much less there. They’re big on 0-60 there and they are cutting almost a second off their times. Going through the rpms where the gains are greatest, the midrange, you only see it once in first gear from a standing start, to the floor.
Sponsored