JL Aluminum Half Doors - Now Available!

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
Engineering is working on a solution. It will probably be an oem Wrangler mirror of some type. It won't require product changes, most likely a drilling template of some sort.
Ordered some doors today.

Any update on this solution?

OP
OP
JcrOffroad

JcrOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jcroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2008 Jeep Wrangler JK, 2006 Jeep Wrangler LJ, 2001 Jeep Cherokee, 1987 Jeep Comanche
Occupation
Manufacturer
Nothing official yet. We had some brackets made to hold the CJ/YJ style mirror head, but they didn't have amazing visibility in the JK with uppers installed. I think we were holding to see if JL upper ever existed before we nailed them down. We have had customers drill and install TJ mirrors. They look pretty nice.

7caf072e84f541d1a7b38a674e856a05_490.jpg

Here are the CJ/YJ mirrors on prototype brackets.
Smokey Bandit - IMG_1547.jpg

IMG_1538.JPG

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
Nothing official yet. We had some brackets made to hold the CJ/YJ style mirror head, but they didn't have amazing visibility in the JK with uppers installed. I think we were holding to see if JL upper ever existed before we nailed them down. We have had customers drill and install TJ mirrors. They look pretty nice.

7caf072e84f541d1a7b38a674e856a05_490.jpg

Here are the CJ/YJ mirrors on prototype brackets.
Smokey Bandit - IMG_1547.jpg

IMG_1538.JPG
Cool I’ll figure something out!

What’s the thread on the hinge pin? There are some locking/ keyed nuts on the market that I want to get for them. They make a few different thread sizes. M6x1.0 5/16-18. Etc

OP
OP
JcrOffroad

JcrOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jcroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2008 Jeep Wrangler JK, 2006 Jeep Wrangler LJ, 2001 Jeep Cherokee, 1987 Jeep Comanche
Occupation
Manufacturer

What’s the thread on the hinge pin? There are some locking/ keyed nuts on the market that I want to get for them. They make a few different thread sizes. M6x1.0 5/16-18. Etc
5/16-18 :like:

Sponsored

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
Resurrecting this thread.

@JcrOffroad
Earlier you mentioned soft windows on the uppers when available. Any closer to that happening?
What is current lead-time?

To everyone else:
I would want to waterproof the lower parts so when I =go through water, it does not come in. Anyone make a solution?
Any pics of these with JCR powdercoat on a sting gray?

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon

@JcrOffroad
Earlier you mentioned soft windows on the uppers when available. Any closer to that happening?

To everyone else:
I would want to waterproof the lower parts so when I =go through water, it does not come in. Anyone make a solution?
Any pics of these with JCR powdercoat on a sting gray?
I don’t think you’ll get them close to water tight. Just too much space between the door and door jamb area. Weather stripping wouldn’t help much either.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon

those look just like the mirrors that I have on my rugged ridge tube doors exactly even the way they mount

COBoarder

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS Ocean Blue

@JcrOffroad
Bestop now sells 1/2 door uppers for the JL. I'm interested if anyone has tried these on JCR doors. Once I get my front doors back from the paint shop I might place an order for a pair from Bestop. They look like they just might fit.

Sponsored

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
Bestop now sells 1/2 door uppers for the JL. I'm interested if anyone has tried these on JCR doors. Once I get my front doors back from the paint shop I might place an order for a pair from Bestop. They look like they just might fit.
Dooo it. Let us know how it goes!

Casey250

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKUR | 2020 JLUR-D | 2022 Demonator
Occupation
Video Creator
Interested to see when they are adapted to use the Bestop uppers.

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.jpg

Dogboyslim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Punkn.
I looked at the install instructions on the bestop doors here. Looks like it would be drilling 3 holes on top of the door and putting a velcro strip on the lower door. Not particularly appealing to have the velcro on there when most of the time I'd run without the upper. There is probably a way to add stability by modifying the bestop upper to add internal stability strapping, but I'm not sure it would be as stable as the window-length velcro tape. I should also add, bestop doesn't appear to sell the upper fabric door pieces without the lowers, so currently this would be an expensive option.

COBoarder

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS Ocean Blue
Got the painted JCR doors back and installed, love the look, thanks JCR the workmanship is solid.

Bestop half door twill uppers just ordered, hope they fit, I'll post as soon as I get them working.

Jeep w half doors 2.jpg
Sponsored