willcasp

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Clubs

Maybe an over simplification but to me if you specifically ask a dealer to do a 5 tire rotation and they argue saying it's not covered then you should find a dealer that doesn't suck.
As a consumer, shouldn't any Jeep branded dealership support Jeep's programs? Why should I be inconvenienced by having to find a better dealer. I should get the same consumer experience at any Jeep dealership I go to.

We all know that when I just said is garbage. If Jeep cared about their brand, they would make the consumer experience consistent.

I have found that in my dealings with Jeep and my Jeep dealer, the only thing that counts is what is in writing. Anything else is garbage.
Sponsored

OP
OP
willcasp

willcasp

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Clubs

Hi William,
We do appreciate customer feedback. I reached out to an internal source to receive this information. Your dealer does have all appropriate documentation regarding this. We recommend reaching out to them or the Jeep Wave team.
Alex
JeepCares
I am specifically asking Jeep for this information. If I trusted the dealers in my area, I would not be asking @JeepCares for a further explanation on what is covered in Jeep's own Jeep Wave program.

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (my wife’s)
I have a Rubicon with the Mopar Lift, Mopar black rims and 35” tires. My dealer said they charge $29.99 for a regular tire rotation which Jeep Wave covers, but for bigger tires they charge $59.99 for a tire rotation and I’d have to pay the difference, because Jeep Wave only reimburses them a small amount.
I argued that the job should be the same price as nothing changes but the weight of the wheel being removed. That doesn’t warrant double the fee in my mind. How different is a stock 33 wheel vs a 35 wheel?

It’s no wonder they are nicknamed stealerships.

IceBerg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XR 392
My dealer cannot even put in the correct amount or type of oil. Every time its 6 quarts and 1/2 the time its 5w-20. They argued with me even after I showed them 5 qts in the manual and that the dipstick was WAY over limit. The last 2 times I went they filled my skid plate with oil(it has a huge drain hole). I let them know on the last time that if they did it again I would be giving them the oil in my skid back. I put two tires up on the curb without even checking and let a good 2 or 3 quarts leak out into the service area drive up.

I dont even think they know how to rotate tires.

OP
OP
willcasp

willcasp

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Clubs

I have a Rubicon with the Mopar Lift, Mopar black rims and 35” tires. My dealer said they charge $29.99 for a regular tire rotation which Jeep Wave covers, but for bigger tires they charge $59.99 for a tire rotation and I’d have to pay the difference, because Jeep Wave only reimburses them a small amount.
I argued that the job should be the same price as nothing changes but the weight of the wheel being removed. That doesn’t warrant double the fee in my mind. How different is a stock 33 wheel vs a 35 wheel?

I looked up Jeep Wave Terms and Conditions. A quick google search on that will give you a link.

no where in there does it specify that there are conditions on the tire rotation, or that the tire rotation is limited to stock equipment only. I would expect to see terms such as “subject to dealer participation” or “other terms and conditions may apply” none of that text. @JeepCares, what is the deal here? What are the limitations?

47Jeepster

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR Diesel ... 2018 GC Summit
Occupation
Retired

FYI ... my Rubicon OEM 33" tires and wheels weighted 72# ... the replacement 35" tires with 17" X 9" wheels weighted 101# ... hmmm, so it shouldn't cost more than $29.99 / 72# * 101# = $42.07
Sponsored