Sponsored

Loose steering feels like it has play and drifts

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JlUR 2016 GT350 2017 Laramie
Where are you located? Do you get cold weather? Will be interesting to see if tightening up the box brings forth the steering lock up that others experience when the weather gets cold! Glad it’s fixed for you!!

edit: just read you’re located in London. That’s where I’m from! I’ve likely waved at you from my JK a few times :).
Haha most likely, if not my JL definitely my JK...so you know it gets cold...I have zero steering lock happening(knock)... i've adjusted my steering box twice 1/8 turn each time, drove it 1000km, then adjusted it again and driven it 1000 more...so far so good. Unfortunately I would still give it a 5/10 on the highway(was a 1) in town its hardly noticeable. I'm in Byron btw...small world eh!
Sponsored

Alpha Delta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU
I have officially given up on FCA. I ordered the PSC kit this morning and hope to have it installed next week.
Please let us know the install cost as well as your opinion on the change. Did you get the overland package?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JL Rubicon - 2.0 Sting Gray, '07 JK Sahara - Black
Yes on folks experiencing the same tired line. Got my Jeep back today. Could not determine if the V41 or alignment helped in any since it was stop and go traffic the entire trip home. But, I did get the “operates as intended” on the acceleration issue...well, kind of. Service advisor said “well, the tech said he happened to drive a 2 door with the 2.0 this past weekend and it did the same thing, so it must just be the way they are.” Informed opinion? I think not.

I suggested they consider the potential of mine not being the only one that’s jacked up. They said they would re-flash, which did nothing whatsoever per my trip home.

Remaining issue of bad hardtop paint is what has thrown me over the edge. I’ll update on that in my original thread.

Last edited:

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
Please let us know the install cost as well as your opinion on the change. Did you get the overland package?
I will definitely post all the info and my observations. I’m really hopeful that this will do the trick.

I did get the Overlander Kit (https://www.pscmotorsports.com/18-19-jeep-jl-big-bore-xd-overlander-steering-kit.html). I called PSC a couple times to talk about their kits and which would work best for me. I have a JLR that isn’t lifted and will eventually get 35s. I don’t plan on running difficult trails. I told them that I want to run the Rubicon, but not Fordyce :). He said that the Overlander kit would be the one to get. I also had to get the Tazer, but was considering that anyways.

Sponsored

BrandonB00

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport S, 2006 Wrangler,
I will definitely post all the info and my observations. I’m really hopeful that this will do the trick.

I did get the Overlander Kit (https://www.pscmotorsports.com/18-19-jeep-jl-big-bore-xd-overlander-steering-kit.html). I called PSC a couple times to talk about their kits and which would work best for me. I have a JLR that isn’t lifted and will eventually get 35s. I don’t plan on running difficult trails. I told them that I want to run the Rubicon, but not Fordyce :). He said that the Overlander kit would be the one to get. I also had to get the Tazer, but was considering that anyways.
F#*k. I'm sorry to hear that they won in your case but I know you'll be happy with the result. I just got a call from the dealer that Admitted that there was a problem and guess what " the jeep is driving as intended. There is absolutely nothing wrong with your jeep" Oh well made it easy on me I'm not going to fight anymore either. There are people that get paid to fight this level of corporate fu&%ery. At least I talked someone out of getting one today. I'll be fine but they would have totally taken her for a ride.

BrandonB00

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport S, 2006 Wrangler,
Thank you, but the case was closed with the same bullshit - drives as intended.
I decided to move on, and most likely sell it if I can’t lemon law it quickly
Jeep should have no problem taking it in for a trade in since there "isn't any problem with it" I think i'm with you.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
I have officially given up on FCA. I ordered the PSC kit this morning and hope to have it installed next week.
You will love it. I am a week in and it is so awesome having a great driving Jeep and not messing around with all the BS any longer.

DonBindas

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered a 2020 JL Rubicon Unlimited in Bikini with Dark Saddle Leather on 7-8-19 and was delivered by Criswell 8-22-19
Occupation
KBB Analyst
I have a 2020 Rubicon JLU with the OWL tires set at 40 pounds and it is way better than the 2019 Rubicon with the black side walls from a different manufacturer.

Being a solid axle it will never drive like an independent front suspension, that can have the upper and lower ball joints raked back, like the front wheels of a grocery shopping cart.

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
F#*k. I'm sorry to hear that they won in your case but I know you'll be happy with the result. I just got a call from the dealer that Admitted that there was a problem and guess what " the jeep is driving as intended. There is absolutely nothing wrong with your jeep" Oh well made it easy on me I'm not going to fight anymore either. There are people that get paid to fight this level of corporate fu&%ery. At least I talked someone out of getting one today. I'll be fine but they would have totally taken her for a ride.
Oh, it’s hard for me. I once drove five hours—one way—to the middle of Nevada to fight a BS speeding ticket. I hate not fighting for what I think is right.

It seems that FCA is doubling down with this “drives as intended” BS.

I’d go the lemon law route if the 2020s were known to be fixed. However, they’re not and I *love* my Jeep other than the steering. I want to be done with it and enjoy life. My daughter is getting married in Greece next year and work is busy. I don’t need this stress.

Sponsored

CherryWrangler

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Altitude
Got my Sahara back 5 days after i left it with the service department. They drove it 150 miles and when i picked it up they said we fixed it. I asked what parts did you replaced. Guess what? None. They replaced nothing. Only thing they did is switched left tire to right and right one to left. It is not fixed and still has free play from 10-2pm position.
What should i do now?

ebelp

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon (bright white)
Vehicle Showcase
Got my Sahara back 5 days after i left it with the service department. They drove it 150 miles and when i picked it up they said we fixed it. I asked what parts did you replaced. Guess what? None. They replaced nothing. Only thing they did is switched left tire to right and right one to left. It is not fixed and still has free play from 10-2pm position.
What should i do now?
150 miles?! wtf!!

Tlebkcalb

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ JLU DIESEL
Jeep should have no problem taking it in for a trade in since there "isn't any problem with it" I think i'm with you.
I’ll never buy another Jeep product, not because of the steering issue, but based on their actions, making us looking like clowns, stating that the car doesn’t have an issue. It’s a big f@ck you !
I had a Diesel Rubi in order, which has been canceled.

at the end you get what you paid for. Now exploring my options on what should I get, a LX570 or GX460, Land Cruiser, Tacoma, or 4Runner TRD Pro. All different, and issue is that I commute 600 miles per week roughly. So I don’t keep cars for longer than a year or so. Need something that I don’t despise driving, relatively decent in fuel and reasonable priced for my daily duties

Tlebkcalb

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ JLU DIESEL
What should i do now?
do yourself a favor and cut your losses, buy another car. I know it sucks, because I love everything about my JL, but the steering wheel issue and fucking Jeep’s attitude

thadius65

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, , 2019 Honda Pilot Elite, 2014 BMW 535i Xdrive
I will share that at 17F temps, my 2020 JLU Rubicon almost drives the way it should. As soon as the temp goes up, or the jeep is warmed up, the play increases.
Sponsored