First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport
Occupation
Banker
Get a tape measure and see if your driver's side wheel sticks out further from the jeep than the passenger side with the wheels pointed straight. If that is the case then your track bar is technically too short.

If both wheels are the same distance from the jeep, then your axle is centered. If you are having the same problem as OP, with your passenger tire rubbing at full driver lock, then your steering stops are not evenly adjusted. You will need to extend the driver's side steering stop to prevent the passenger tire from turning in too much. It's extremely easy, remove steering stop bolt, add washer, put bolt back in, test, keep adding washers until it doesn't rub anymore.

SDgqfrC.jpg
It actually rubs before steering lock. I’ll try to take pics in good lighting to show you. Thank you!
Sponsored

geem03

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Occupation
RN/ Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
Are you using stock wheels? The stock Sport or Sport S wheels will rub if you run 285 series or wider tires. You will need wheel spacers or either Rubicon or aftermarket wheels with less backspacing if you want 33s with stock ride height.
Running 285/70 r17 on stock wheels (jl sport 2D) with no rubbing.

TopKatz

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Did this ever get resolved? Just got 33 BFG KO2 on -12 off set 17s. I’m having a slight rub when I turn left.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Did this ever get resolved? Just got 33 BFG KO2 on -12 off set 17s. I’m having a slight rub when I turn left.
It's rubbing because the -12 offset is too aggressive for no lift. You are likely rubbing the fender and not the frame, like in the original post.

friedenfels

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport S, 2017 Lexus ES-350
Occupation
Department of Defense Program Manager
I'm having same problem on my 2021 Sport S with 33's, aftermarket rims, no lift. Only on passenger side at full lock left. Was just thinking I will go with spacers.
Sponsored