Tazer JL check engine light on

FloydRubiconJL

First Name
Floyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
After installing the Tazer JL and making a few changes (tire size, LED head lights and fog lights, TPMS adjustments) the check engine light came on and has not gone off. The Tazer JL shows no current code’s to clear but the check engine light is still on.

Any ideas or has anyone had this issue?

Thanks for the help!
Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
After installing the Tazer JL and making a few changes (tire size, LED head lights and fog lights, TPMS adjustments) the check engine light came on and has not gone off. The Tazer JL shows no current code’s to clear but the check engine light is still on.

Any ideas or has anyone had this issue?

Thanks for the help!
Unmarry, two sleep cycles, start Jeep. Gone? If so, redo marry procedure while carefully following directions. The sleep cycles are very important.

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
Full Reboot: If selected, will reset vehicle modules and the radio twice. This takes 2.5 minutes to
complete, and should be performed after any Vehicle Settings are changed – the radio will reboot
twice in this time, the dash will reset, and various chimes and messages may appear. Once complete,
turn the ignition off, then start the vehicle. It may start and stall with the red security dot lit. If this
happens, wait 10 seconds and try again, it will resume operation when it has completed its re-learn
procedure. Then two sleep cycles: Shut off the vehicle, open and close the driver door and wait for a
minute to be sure the dash turns off. Then start it, wait for the radio to boot up, then shut it off and
open/close door and wait again.

WildCatguy

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Full Reboot: If selected, will reset vehicle modules and the radio twice. This takes 2.5 minutes to
complete, and should be performed after any Vehicle Settings are changed – the radio will reboot
twice in this time, the dash will reset, and various chimes and messages may appear. Once complete,
turn the ignition off, then start the vehicle. It may start and stall with the red security dot lit. If this
happens, wait 10 seconds and try again, it will resume operation when it has completed its re-learn
procedure. Then two sleep cycles: Shut off the vehicle, open and close the driver door and wait for a
minute to be sure the dash turns off. Then start it, wait for the radio to boot up, then shut it off and
open/close door and wait again.
By full reboot you mean to unmarry/return tuner back to stock?

Sponsored

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
Unmarry, two sleep cycles, start Jeep. Gone? If so, redo marry procedure while carefully following directions. The sleep cycles are very important.
I have this issue too. What do you mean by sleep cycles?
By full reboot you mean to unmarry/return tuner back to stock?
You can unmarry it in the vehicle settings, then you need to do the sleep cycles as described above.
Start the Jeep and the CEL light should be cleared...if so go through the marry process again and reboot including the sleep cycles and you should be good to go.

Fouts

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon Unlimited
I believe the sleep cycle is opening the door, closing the door, and allowing interior light to shut down.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
I believe the sleep cycle is opening the door, closing the door, and allowing interior light to shut down.
Dash display has to turn off, not the interior light.

JINO

First Name
Jino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jlurd
If I unmarry, I will have to reset my larger tire calibration and tpms?