What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

tylerk46

First Name
tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ram 1500, jeep grand cheroke
I liked how the black painted interior of the freedom panels turned out, so I painted the rest of the interior of the hard top 2 days ago.
(I also have a homemade headliner nested in each freedom panel, and across the whole hard top ceiling. The glued-in headliner made for more masking, but less actual painting.)

I masked the windows, foam/rubber seals, and any point that would contact the Jeep body.
Black interior upside down 1.jpg

Black interior upside down 2.jpg

Here are some interior pics of the freedom panels and hard top once they fully dried and were back on the Jeep this evening.

Black freedom panels 2.jpg

Black freedom panels 1.jpg

Black interior 3.jpg

Black interior 4.jpg

Black interior 5.jpg

Black interior 1.jpg
What paint did you use?

RTJ

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport Unlimited
Decided to try out the Proclip mount with the Scosche Magic Mount. Needed something that would work with my phone case (it’s my wallet too). The magnet on the Magic Mount is real strong. And I didn’t use the adhesive strip on the Proclip and it’s still solid. So far, I like it. Had to take my phone out of the case to take these pics.

BF014B7C-1E45-4F60-8AFA-7C7E230BAB91.jpeg

59F435BB-2FD9-45C2-8092-1DC633044CD4.jpeg

9F0DC378-FA97-4AD5-A796-2BC45FE8AAE5.jpeg
Looks sweet! If you use it as your wallet too won't the magnet delete you magnetic strips on the credit cards?

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
You know what’s worse then getting stuck in a mud hole, getting stuck in a frozen mud hole. Yikes. Did water get in the cab with you?
Just a little. on the drivers side. pulled the plugs and let it drain.

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
The wheels are the 18" 5 spoke that comes on the Altitude and some Sahara's. The tire size is 275/70R 18, measures out to 33.2". No rubbing here at all, also you can see that the closure panels are still intact, I'm holding out for someone to design a replacement.
Mine is lifted 2.5 so I wan to do 35s, however I don't want them to stick out past the fender (I like the way your do not stick out). I can't get a clear answer from anyone on What tire size I can put on here without rubbing or sticking out and still be 35" or close. Someone ectually told me 33s is the best I can do, hell then I wouldn't have lifted it. Frustrate as hell about this.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
There is a story to this, and I want to hear it. My buddies and I used to get into situations like this, it was fun. But you owe your friend a pack of beer or a dinner for getting out and hooking up lol
He did not get wet. The passenger side step was above the water. He stepped to the front tire and then onto the front bumper. Normally this hole you can drive through with no problem. The ice was slowing me down and then I go high centered. Lucky he was fast about hooking me up. just got a little water inside.

We were all camping and wheeling together and my buds Jeep was back at camp. He wanted the heated seat in my jeep more than he wanted to drive. Go figure. My wife was riding with another girl that was wheeling solo. I could not get out with out swamping the whole Jeep.

maxjlu

First Name
fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep jl
Unloaded it from a winter camping trip. Unhooked the camper, took out the generator, air compressor, 5 bags of tools, a cooler, two radios, two guns, a chainsaw and other trash. We don't leave trash behind.

Then of course washed it and cleaned it because of this....Fuck.

lOl6CrBnjihJfH59S2_HdczUobLASlnkwWwfIRPnJQb-RBuxbJor4s1lab5bOTeZPHau_GKJ9LEpfyCi5rE=w960-h720-no.jpg
:rock:

Yovwmon

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Altitude
Mine is lifted 2.5 so I wan to do 35s, however I don't want them to stick out past the fender (I like the way your do not stick out). I can't get a clear answer from anyone on What tire size I can put on here without rubbing or sticking out and still be 35" or close. Someone ectually told me 33s is the best I can do, hell then I wouldn't have lifted it. Frustrate as hell about this.
I feel ya on the lack of information, I also think because the JL is still new that we're in many ways running trial and error for everyone. These tires go right to the most outer edge of the fender. The offset of the wheel determines if the tire sticks out or not, if you're going with the stock wheel and a 35" it's not clear to me where it would rub or if it would rub. Since you're lifted my guess is that the rubbing would be a greater risk to suspension, drivetrain or frame components vs. inner fender or body. The 33" tires clear everything very well, I probably could have gone a little larger not lifted from what I've experienced so far.

IndustrialAction

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
added rubber seals to the 4 doors no more wind noise at highway speeds yeaaah!!
So you plan to share with the rest of us about this type of witch craft that reduces wind noise? I'd love to hear it!!!!!