First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Anymore feedback from installers/dealers/owners? Down the road, I may consider a tune outside warranty.

Odyssey USA

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
I own an Alfa Romeo Giulia 2.0 as well and they’ve not had issues due to the tuning but my issue is verification of some people’s claimed gains of anywhere from 30hp all the way up to 90 and impressive torque gains with it. The ecm freaks out if you try to chassis dyno the awd? There is supposedly 1(?) type of dyno that can accomplish it for whatever reason and if I am recalling correctly.

Either way, no blown engines or damage thus far and happy customers with the Madness tuning. There are other tuning company options, some piggy back, some tuning the ecm, for the Alfa’s.

AKrubicon74

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I have one in my 19 Rubicon JLU. Have ran it for about 2500 miles and zero issues. Feels more torquey off the line and quicker acceleration. I am going to be coupling it w the GoPedal and Turbosmart dual port blow off valve within the week. Mucho excited!

Sponsored

Odyssey USA

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
I have one in my 19 Rubicon JLU. Have ran it for about 2500 miles and zero issues. Feels more torquey off the line and quicker acceleration. I am going to be coupling it w the GoPedal and Turbosmart dual port blow off valve within the week. Mucho excited!
I’ve heard of at least two people having codes and with turbosmart support it was still unresolved. One member here is using this with no issues. https://gfb.com.au/products/blow-off-and-diverter-valves/dv-plus/

SJ408_JLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited, 2016 Rolls Royce Dawn
I purchased the Go Pedal, Max Pro Chip, Autoflash as well as the Turbosmart Dual Port BOV and had it installed last week. It was working fine the first few miles. No CEL but after a little drive, I got 3 codes.. P0039, P1CEA and U0168. Madness told me to remove the max pro and reinstall the bypass plug which I did and 2 of the codes were gone. Only one left is the P0039 which upon research seems like a few people have due to the blow off valve. Still trying to figure it out. I cleared the code with the Taser Mini and waiting to see if it comes back. Madness said drive for 50 miles or so. FYI.. when I initially installed the BOV, I could slightly hear the psshh sound. Now I don’t hear it at all.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Piggy backs are 100% not worth it.
I had the same belief but a modern piggyback, that can intercept the can bus, has access to all sensor data and can do some pretty clever things.

I have a JB4 and became a fan from their Audi & BWM versions performance gains.

I am very happy with the performance gains - and a believer in piggyback tunes as long as they get full sensor data. If it just intercepts 2 or 3 sensors like some of the solutions it's not going to do too much.

We've got three on the market that do this so be cautious. look at the install instructions and if it doesn't need the ODB2 or can bus tap then I would avoid it.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Unless they’ve changed, piggy backs just intercept sensor data and modify it, tricking the ECU into doing things based on OE parameters.
Vs reflashing the ECU and creating new parameters (preferred tuning)
I don't think that makes piggybacks not worth it though, especially when there is currently no way to reflash the ECU (that I know of).

Sponsored

Ammo

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon
sj408_jlu - what are your thoughts on the Max Power Pro module now that you have been running it for a few months?

SJ408_JLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited, 2016 Rolls Royce Dawn
sj408_jlu - what are your thoughts on the Max Power Pro module now that you have been running it for a few months?
Honestly, I installed everything at once.. the Madness Max Pro, Madness flash (tune for more agrressice shift points), Go Pedal, S&B intake and Flowmaster Catback Exhaust so i can’t really give a review on just the max pro. I can say that their Bluetooth version of the Go Pedal has an issue connecting to Bluetooth. I tried 3 different ones and still couldn’t connect so I returned it and got the Pedal Commander which is working flawless. The flash you can tell the difference because It does “shift” gears a little later in the rpm.. as for the Max Pro, I’m not sure if I’m feeling any hp or torque from that or it’s just the Pedal Commander giving me that torquer feeling... I would go with one of those throttle controllers first and see if that alone will be enough for you.
Sponsored