Gremlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Firefighter/Paramedic
Vehicle Showcase
How are you liking the rubicon express lift? Not a ton of reviews out there for it and the pricing seems super competitive. What I’ve found is that it seems to ride a little stiff, so I’m curious your take on it.
I am no expert but it rides smooth to me. The ride didn't change enough for me to have any complaints or even notice really.
Sponsored

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
I am no expert but it rides smooth to me. The ride didn't change enough for me to have any complaints or even notice really.
Gremlin. Those are tires I am looking at. Cepek EXP. They say silica compound for better wet road traction. They are D rated. Can you give us a little review on those tires? Ride stiffness since D rated? Wet weather traction ? Off road? Anything else?.

Gremlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Firefighter/Paramedic
Vehicle Showcase
Gremlin. Those are tires I am looking at. Cepek EXP. They say silica compound for better wet road traction. They are D rated. Can you give us a little review on those tires? Ride stiffness since D rated? Wet weather traction ? Off road? Anything else?.
Between the tires and the lift I haven't noticed a huge amount of change in the ride quality. The tires are 315/70/17 so there is a lot of room to absorb the road. I have had good traction so far in the wet weather and we do get a lot of rain in south east Texas. On road driving is better than expected for a 35" tire and the road noise seems even quieter than some all terrain tires that I've heard. Off road traction so far is far better than you would expect for such a quiet tire on the road. I have not tackled anything super crazy but I have fully expected to use the 4wd several times and even expected to use the winch after attempting obstacles in 2wd. I have not had to use the winch for myself yet and the 2wd alone had gotten me out of several spots much easier than you would think. I have put between 2k and 3k miles on them between long trips, daily commute, muddy two track roads, and very little washed out two track trails with various changes in grade. I don't get much snow and ice so I have no input there. At this point I would recommend these for a daily driver for sure. I hope I answered your question and let me know if you have any more.
Sponsored

Last edited: