How to talk with Jeep Chat?

agarber5687

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLU Sport Altitude, '18 Chrysler Pacifica
When speaking with Jeep Chat for order updates, is it best just to ask for the status code on the build and leave it at that?

I ask because I received my VON today but no other information from the dealer. I asked Jeep Chat if there was any type of broad timeframe on the build or if it was too early. They said there was no timeframe, and when I pressed to ask if at any point in the process there would be an estimated time frame, they said no.

Looking at various threads here, it is sounds like there is an entire status code (D) establishing a build timeframe. Do I just ask them in the future for a code and nothing more?
Sponsored

Lateapex

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1944 MB, 2019 JLS
Clubs

When speaking with Jeep Chat for order updates, is it best just to ask for the status code on the build and leave it at that?

I ask because I received my VON today but no other information from the dealer. I asked Jeep Chat if there was any type of broad timeframe on the build or if it was too early. They said there was no timeframe, and when I pressed to ask if at any point in the process there would be an estimated time frame, they said no.

Looking at various threads here, it is sounds like there is an entire status code (D) establishing a build timeframe. Do I just ask them in the future for a code and nothing more?
In my opinion, you should ask for the alphanumeric code every time you check your build status, as the code provides fairly specific info as to where your build is in the process. If you do not ask for the code, you may just get a "canned response" that you may find unclear. Of course, you should also ask any questions you may have in addition to obtaining the alphanumeric code.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep Chat requires a VIN for tracking build status. You should get that from the dealer.

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
I've done this twice this year - once you have the VON go on jeep chat and ask if they have a VIN. That is the first step, though you'll need to enter the VON every time you go on jeep chat. Then, I use the following message that I have in a text file and I can just copy and paste, and I'd generally check with them Monday, wednesday, and Friday on status ;)

Hi, I would like to check status on my Wrangler order
firstname lastname
street address
city state, zip
VON: xxx VIN: xxx

OP
OP
agarber5687

agarber5687

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've done this twice this year - once you have the VON go on jeep chat and ask if they have a VIN. That is the first step, though you'll need to enter the VON every time you go on jeep chat. Then, I use the following message that I have in a text file and I can just copy and paste, and I'd generally check with them Monday, wednesday, and Friday on status ;)

Hi, I would like to check status on my Wrangler order
firstname lastname
street address
city state, zip
VON: xxx VIN: xxx
Very helpful, thank you!

Sponsored

OP
OP
agarber5687

agarber5687

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Very helpful, thank you!
Wow.

Ordered Saturday 11/9 and have a VIN and in D Status today 11/12. Maybe that is normal or common but I was not expecting a VIN for a week at least.

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
Wow.

Ordered Saturday 11/9 and have a VIN and in D Status today 11/12. Maybe that is normal or common but I was not expecting a VIN for a week at least.
That's what I've seen - ordered my wrangler on a Monday in March, had the VIN on Wednesday, and only because I waited to contact Jeep Chat. For my wife's Pacifica I asked the next day and got the VIN. In both cases, it was built in a week or so!
Sponsored