jbozz

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I've driven both and I've always liked how turbo motors make power - so i ordered the turbo. Agree with another poster above - the exhaust sound is...weak...LOL But really, that's NBD. The Jeep makes plenty of other noises to entertain... ;)

I just sold my RAM EcoDiesel, and it was a lovely engine, but honestly, not worth the upgrade cost and wait time in my case. Maybe in 7 years or so, if it's still available in the Wrangler, I may opt for it again. It makes lots of torque, and CAN return wonderful fuel economy (we saw 32 mg in our 6500 pound truck on one run!). But in LA traffic now, it ran at about 20 mpg or so. New owner just told me he saw 27 mpg on a run to Arizona at the speed limit (which is largely ignore din Cali, hence the poor economy!).

I expect the 2.0 turbo to be the same as any engine out there today - how you treat it determines your economy and longevity. A percentage will suffer problems and those folks will complain - but heck, you won't see happy people posting about how happy they are. ;)

Now, about that weak exhaust sound...

If we can pipe enhanced exhaust sounds INSIDE vehicles today, how hard is it to mount a marine speaker under the Jeep and pipe cool sounds outside?! :LOL::CWL: Mark my words...it's gonna happen!
:clap::like::like::LOL::LOL:
Sponsored

basinite

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys (2 door)
The wife and I test drove a 2020 with the 2.0 on Friday. I've owned 2 jeeps with the 3.6 (2012 and 2016). I love the 3.6 and it has been a great engine. That being said, the 2.0 has WAY more pep than the 3.6. There is truly no comparison and my wife and I were both very impressed.

I live in Utah, so maybe the elevation has a lot to do with it. Either way, I most definitely will be getting the 2.0 on my upcoming Willys purchase.

KIVO

First Name
Kid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JLR 2.0
Occupation
Practical engineer
I have a 2.0 on order, and I’ll paint you the picture as to why I went for the 2.0.

First of all, here in Belgium only the 2.2 diesel and 2.0 gas are offered.
Secondly, other than you folks in the US, we do have very limited opportunities for off-roading within the country, and being my Jeep a hobby vehicle only, it will unfortunately spend most of its miles on the street, rather than off-road. In my particular case, I have to drive at least 4 to 6 hours first to reach a reasonable area where I can legally leave paved roads… Would that not have been the case, diesel would have been my first choice.

At least, we now are offered two engines. In the past, that was the 2.8CRD only, hence why I used to own a JKR diesel previously. Great engine (imo), even more slightly tuned (230hp – 520nm!), I could get 21mpg out at best though (being diesel, and with more street orientated tyres). On the other hand, that engine was quite heavy – and thus the car as well...

Whether I in the long run will regret my 2.0T choice, has yet to be seen, the one thing I regret for sure, is the overall downsizing of the engines, both diesel (from 2.8NA to 2.2 turbo), and the relatively small 2.0 gas engine.
Downsizing engines is one way manufactures attempt to limit CO emissions down here (Europe), but those small engines in the 1.0 to 1.4 range (even worse, often 3 cylinders only (!)), with forced induction, have already proven to be very vulnerable. Being a hobby vehicle only, longlivety of the 2.0T is not one of my concerns, as I will do little distance with the Jeep on an annual base, but I don't see high output engines of this size live long, at least not as long as the by me beloved high volume/low rpm engines...

Deleted member 35398

I disagree, I had a 2.0 for a week and hated it. It definitely feels faster than the V6 and I got absurd gas mileage with it. But the throttle is weird, my V6 definitely responds much faster while this seems to definitely have a lag.......
Agreed, the lag (hesitation) is VERY annoying.

Deleted member 35398

I couldn’t be happier with my 2.0. Still averaging 25mpg. Although that will likely drop a bit once I get my 2018 Rubi take-offs put on.
Without a doubt. When I put the Rubicon wheels/tires (Falken) on my Sport, my mileage dropped to 21 mpg.:mad:

Sponsored

FUHL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Website
cmott426.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150 Ecoboost 2018 2-door Rubicon 2013 Range Rover Evoque
Occupation
CAD Drafter/Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
The wife and I test drove a 2020 with the 2.0 on Friday. I've owned 2 jeeps with the 3.6 (2012 and 2016). I love the 3.6 and it has been a great engine. That being said, the 2.0 has WAY more pep than the 3.6. There is truly no comparison and my wife and I were both very impressed.

I live in Utah, so maybe the elevation has a lot to do with it. Either way, I most definitely will be getting the 2.0 on my upcoming Willys purchase.
Elevation may have something to do with it, but the fact that you're comparing a completely different version of the 3.6 mated to an old transmission and taller axle gears likely has the most to do with it. The 2018-2020 3.6L is night and day different and has already been shown in video to have more speed 0-60 and 40-60 passing also vs. the 2.0L engine.

But yeah, at high elevation forced induction always has an advantage.

Last edited:

FUHL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Website
cmott426.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150 Ecoboost 2018 2-door Rubicon 2013 Range Rover Evoque
Occupation
CAD Drafter/Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Okay. Really? I was told eTorque didn't happen until 2019s. I haven't even checked.
Yes, really.
All 2018 and 2019 JL's with a 2.0L has eTorque for the USA anyways.

Huehue80

First Name
Cohan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR
Wow, you all are getting great mileage. I guess going 70-80 mph (The real speed limit) on the freeways in Utah is my problem. Do you all live in a flat area?

also I’ve never filled up more then 16 gallons at a time, and that is with the low fuel light on. This jeep really keeps a big reserve 5 gallons, unless my jeep thinks it only has a 18 gallon tank.
Sponsored