bkgray115

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
I just drove 2 hrs in the PA incoming rain/snow. And couldn't even see the road. It was like my headlights pointed up and I was driving into a white wall. Even the stock jk shit headlights had more light.

After stopping for gas I saw the lights covered with slush all but the top 2". After clearing it was easy to see thru the snow. This pic is after 2 min drive from gas to job I think these lights need heaters!

20191112_061734.jpg
Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
I just drove 2 hrs in the PA incoming rain/snow. And couldn't even see the road. It was like my headlights pointed up and I was driving into a white wall. Even the stock jk shit headlights had more light.

After stopping for gas I saw the lights covered with slush all but the top 2". After clearing it was easy to see thru the snow. This pic is after 2 min drive from gas to job I think these lights need heaters!

20191112_061734.jpg
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/leds-not-hot-enough-to-melt-snow-while-driving.18440/

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/led-headlights-in-winter.40470/

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
Seeing is believing. Thank you for posting that picture. LED is likely a deal-breaker / no-go if I ever buy a Wrangler.

It does not happen often, but I have certainly done drives in the past where every inch of the front of my truck was covered with ice, except for the halogen headlights.

Slowpoke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moab Silver 2018
Occupation
Yes

20191112_061734.jpg
I and others have noted the same problem. Seeing (or not seeing) is believing.

Almost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
Not a deal breaker for me, I can get out and clean them if needed. Why would I sacrifice superior visibility 99.9% of the time for the 0.01% of the time I gotta get out and clean them. Can't be any worse than the stock JK lights even if they are covered in snow.

Sponsored

InvertedLogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR
Seeing is believing. Thank you for posting that picture. LED is likely a deal-breaker / no-go if I ever buy a Wrangler.

It does not happen often, but I have certainly done drives in the past where every inch of the front of my truck was covered with ice, except for the halogen headlights.
It's not an LED problem, it seems to be a recessed headlight problem.

Check the post from this thread: LED headlights in winter?
Screenshot_20191112-080328_Brave.jpg

Slowpoke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moab Silver 2018
Occupation
Yes
An inexpensive solution is to add some street legal halogen driving lights onto your front bumper (or grille guard) for use in snow/slush conditions. I wouldn't want to give up the LED headlights for normal driving.

KC Lights.jpg
Exactly what I had to do. Added a pair of KC halogen fogs to the winch guard.

Slowpoke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moab Silver 2018
Occupation
Yes
Add mud flaps ,add halogens :facepalm: I'd rather buy a new fly rod ,get on 95 south, and not stop till I hit FL !
Ok,now back to reality . How much are the halogens ?
I got them from KC, 5" round. I think the pair was $140?

Quadratec

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.quadratec.com
Vehicle(s)
CJ, YJ, XJ, TJ, JK, JL

20191112_061734.jpg
Hey there,

If you do like your LEDs we do offer a heated LED version of our headlights:

https://www.quadratec.com/p/quadratec/premium-heated-led-projector-beam-headlights-jeep-wrangler-jl

quadratec-heated-led-projector-kit-jl-97109%200204-main.jpg

These heated Headlamps feature SmartHeat® with LED light sensors that automatically activate the heat elements at startup or as outside temperatures drop to freezing.

• Low Beam - 1,770 Raw Lumens / 750 Effective Lumens
  • High Beam - 3,200 Raw Lumens / 1,260 Effective Lumens
  • Operating Voltage - 9-16v

We do also offer a forum discount for forum members. Just PM me for a quote!

Have a great day,
Hailey

Sponsored

Durango

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, 2019 Ram 1500 Quadcab 4X4, 2018 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 Charger SRT, 2018 American Dream, 2017 Ram 1500 Reg Cab 4X4, 2020 Redwood 3951MB, 2019 Mercedes 4WD Van
I've had other vehicles with the old incandescent headlights do the same thing...not sure I'd blame LEDs.

Firemadz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Battalion Chief
Not a deal breaker for me, I can get out and clean them if needed. Why would I sacrifice superior visibility 99.9% of the time for the 0.01% of the time I gotta get out and clean them. Can't be any worse than the stock JK lights even if they are covered in snow.
exactly! I’ve had plenty of halogen headlights do the same thing.