Sponsored

Arizona Owners- Anyone else into Long Range Shooting?

OP
OP
wildcat455

wildcat455

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon 2.0L
Occupation
Electronics service technician
Vehicle Showcase
There's a place in the desert south of Phoenix that you can get serious distance.....but you have to compete for it and you might have to shoot from the bed of a truck to get above the brush.
How far out you want to go, Sean? I'm sure I can find something up here for you.
Sponsored

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
ordered February 1st. 2018 2 DR JL rubicon, 3.6, auto, FC Red, cloth seats, soft top, LED, Alpine, Tow, steel bumpers. 2007 jk, 2006 F350, 2000 Excursion
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
So what about the long range stuff? We are out over 600yds and finding a place to practice out here has been difficult. Weve only broke out the lil stuff once for some short range plinking since weve been out here.

OP
OP
wildcat455

wildcat455

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon 2.0L
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
So, 1k yds not long enough huh?
Guess ill look for a longer place...

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
ordered February 1st. 2018 2 DR JL rubicon, 3.6, auto, FC Red, cloth seats, soft top, LED, Alpine, Tow, steel bumpers. 2007 jk, 2006 F350, 2000 Excursion
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
So, 1k yds not long enough huh?
Guess ill look for a longer place...
I missed that, that would be perfect. We are using a weatherby vanguard 2, 30-06.

OP
OP
wildcat455

wildcat455

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon 2.0L
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Lol! I love me some 30-06! I have a Savage 110 with a 22” barrel I use for hunting. Scope is getting ready to go back to Vortex for repair.
I also have a 700 Long Range I have to do some load developing on.

Sponsored

wrangler-rob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
In process of building my forever home in Goodyear, out in the area a couple times of year... In process of starting a NFA trust for acquisition of non-wearable hearing protection devices, but currently still in NJ for the time being. Can't wait to join you guys and would love to be a part of the thread as I do have some equipment out there but just not my SRS-A1 yet... I know of cowtown up north but also wondered about something a bit closer to me in Goodyear(PHX) that might align to wheeling. Being part of such a community would be awesome. cheers all!

OP
OP
wildcat455

wildcat455

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon 2.0L
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Well, let us know when you’re all settled in Goodyear, and we will throw something together!

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
I took out my .300 BLK AR15 this past weekend when we attempted four peaks. It was closed, but got some good shooting in. it was them first time I had a chance to shoot it since building it. I out my EoTech on it from my 5.56 AR, and could not hit a clay bird from about 25 yards. we had another setup at about 125 yards, so just for giggles I went for that. it was dead on. a lot of fun for such a small AR. the blast pressure standing beside it was crazy, reminder me of a Socom .308 with the short barrel.

I may bite the bullet and put an Acog on my 5.56 now to streach it's legs a bit. also, looks like it is time to get back into the distance game, so on the hunt for a good deal for a bolt action.

shannond12

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab
Bought a MPA 6.5BA a couple of months ago and still waiting on scope mounts to take it out. Will definitely be interested in hitting up some of the spots mentioned.

AZDustMuncher

First Name
L.C.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4dr Rubicon, 2005 Turbo Silverado, 2004 Grand Cherokee Overland
I built 5 AR's back when I thought Hillary was going to get elected. Didn't turn out to be the investment I thought it might be just yet. Never shot any of them. Two of them have Scopes that I wouldn't mind taking out long range. Also have my old man's 7mm mag that's supposed to be pretty good from what I was told. Probably been 20 years since I last shot that one. My problem is I'm lazy and don't feel like cleaning them after I shoot them. One of these days I need to see how they all work.

Sponsored

LincolnSixAlpha

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
just curious to see if I may have more than Jeeps and wheeling in common with some of you!

Post up if you hunt or enjoy shooting!

I am, although I've not done it here since I've relocated from the east coast. I've shot 600 meter back east with my .308 when I got invited to the local range that offered that. Little different here. But I'd love to do more!

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Is 1888 meters long enough?!

Just kidding, I can’t help y’all shoot there. That was on the big island of Hawaii and is closed to public use.

If I lived in AZ I would definitely be down to go shoot with y’all

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
Been quite awhile since I was there, but there used to be regular 1000 yd competitions at the range at Three Points/Robles Jct west of Tucson.

Foggy47

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, billet silver w/ 1 touch sky top. Honda Ridgeline for gentleman's pickup needs.
Occupation
Retired with hobbies. Golf, Fishing, Hunting, Sploring
In process of building my forever home in Goodyear, out in the area a couple times of year... In process of starting a NFA trust for acquisition of non-wearable hearing protection devices, but currently still in NJ for the time being. Can't wait to join you guys and would love to be a part of the thread as I do have some equipment out there but just not my SRS-A1 yet... I know of cowtown up north but also wondered about something a bit closer to me in Goodyear(PHX) that might align to wheeling. Being part of such a community would be awesome. cheers all!

I'm also in Goodyear.....and just had home #2 built in "OZ". (Pebble Creek) I'm a lifelong shooter.....and have considerable experience in long-range target and varmint shooting. Originally from MN. Have a few rifles in OZ that are medium range varmint rigs....mostly 223 bolt actions. I've done some competition bench rest shooting. (I own a Stolle Panda in 6PPC).....but like informal shooting better. I'd like to hook up with like-minded shooters and prefer the west valley or Phoenix North. Also fun to do some coyote calling and dove hunts, etc.

I am awaiting delivery of a 2020 JLU Rubicon. I think it should be here in early December. Lots of stuff going on with the new home build and Jeep order.

Blackey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Recon JL
I have a ruger prs but I’m not that good at shooting long distances I’m more of an action pistol guy use to shoot sass until my hands went numb it wasn’t safe competing anymore.
Sponsored