First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
So, I'm doing yard work with my 9 year old daughter today and she says to me... "Dad, can we go offroading tomorrow in the Jeep? I don't wanna be mall rated." I had a good laugh, so I thought I'd share.

Of course now I have to find find some place to take her that my Michelins can cope with, so she doesn't have to live with the shame of an on-road Jeep.
Sponsored

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
So, I'm doing yard work with my 9 year old daughter today and she says to me... "Dad, can we go offroading tomorrow in the Jeep? I don't wanna be mall rated." I had a good laugh, so I thought I'd share.

Of course now I have to find find some place to take her that my Michelins can cope with, so she doesn't have to live with the shame of an on-road Jeep.
I take my jeep in the woods all the time . Its not lifted and it has stock Bridgestone A/T tires. Its somewhat capable in its delivered uniform.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Nikko2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR, '21 4R TRDP, '21 Supra, '13 LR4, '72 442
Vehicle Showcase
Nah, they've gotten used to that!

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.

IceBerg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XR 392
OP
OP
daveprice7

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Nerd
At least you have somewhere nearby to do that! If I want to terrify my kids, I drive them to Gary ...
That's funny stuff.

I was a little ambiguous with the reason why she freaked out, it was literally just a really steep dirt road leading up to that view point in the photo. I think she was afraid the Jeep wouldn't make it and we'd slide uncontrollably to our death. Kids can be dramatic.

We are pretty lucky to live where we do; Oregon has a bit of everything. I found a cheap 1acre out in the woods 20 minutes from town about five years ago and I finished building our place this last spring. I really can't believe it took me 25 years to move out of suburbia.

Sponsored

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
That's funny stuff.

I was a little ambiguous with the reason why she freaked out, it was literally just a really steep dirt road leading up to that view point in the photo. I think she was afraid the Jeep wouldn't make it and we'd slide uncontrollably to our death. Kids can be dramatic.

We are pretty lucky to live where we do; Oregon has a bit of everything. I found a cheap 1acre out in the woods 20 minutes from town about five years ago and I finished building our place this last spring. I really can't believe it took me 25 years to move out of suburbia.
Oregon in the off season ,Boston ,spring and summer , must be nice. Rest that arm !

OP
OP
daveprice7

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Nerd
Oregon in the off season ,Boston ,spring and summer , must be nice. Rest that arm !
Hah! Is this other Dave Price guy any good? I don't really follow baseball. Just wanna make sure he's not trashing my rep.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
At least you have somewhere nearby to do that! If I want to terrify my kids, I drive them to Gary ...
Why waste gas driving across the State line into Indiana? They don't call it Chiraq for nothing. A quick trip to certain areas of Chicago's West or South sides should pucker you up pretty quick. You get all the excitement you want but no combat pay.

Nikko2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR, '21 4R TRDP, '21 Supra, '13 LR4, '72 442
Vehicle Showcase
Generally if you are smart and stay to the areas you know, it's all good.

The big problem now is people using Waze and ending up cutting through an area they shouldn't be in …
Sponsored