Sponsored

PUNK'N Wrangler Jl club

hanschien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Beautiful! I wish I had the personality to match a Jeep with bright colors like this.
Sponsored

ranrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Macan and 981 Boxster Spyder; Jeep JLUR Punk'n delivered 04-11-2018
Here is an observation. Check out the background in Eric's first photo that he posted with his jeep out in the parking lot. His Punk'n is alone among a sea of blacks, whites and reds. I think Punk'n is a striking color! I do really like all of the JL colors and do not think you can go wrong with any of them. For me, though, any shade of orange was going to be Ok for being a fun, daily driver! I expect Mojito and Hella Yella to be great fun colors as well.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Well the orange is really shaping up to be the right choice. Love those pictures Eric, thank you.

Now who wants a grey dash? I’ll be swapping after delivery for a red. Or will it be better to wrap them to match these bad boys?

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Well the orange is really shaping up to be the right choice. Love those pictures Eric, thank you.

Now who wants a grey dash? I’ll be swapping after delivery for a red. Or will it be better to wrap them to match these bad boys?
I vote for you to wrap it to match the Orange in the seats or paint. For non-selfish reasons of course. Asking for a friend lol.

All kidding aside, I bet that would look great either way. I,really like the pictures of the silver that were posted. Seems like a matte silver like the red.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Both dash colors I've seen so far looked good on the lot. I have not seen the Sahara wrapped dash yet.

That said, I liked the bold red better. I'll be pricing out the job with Katzkin. If it's less than $1,395, I'm ahead of the optional leather anywho.

Sponsored

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Both dash colors I've seen so far looked good on the lot. I have not seen the Sahara wrapped dash yet.

That said, I liked the bold red better. I'll be pricing out the job with Katzkin. If it's less than $1,395, I'm ahead of the optional leather anywho.
That katzkin look very nice, but I have never been a fan on how the leather wears when using off-road. I prefer cloth, and then if needed a good quality cover like wet okole or similar. I put them in a 1994 full size bronco I had that I ran with the top off most of the time and they were great.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Very true.

I'm just indulging my curiosity while waiting for my Jeep. I may not do anything at all. Neither dash is really all that bad. $1400 might be better spent on wheels, tires, skids, bumper hoop, aux lights, CB, ....

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
B87AC0CC-7855-4324-9C99-8097A27AFC5C.jpeg
0277C182-DAD7-4DCB-A797-9D670D9FD3C7.png
Very true.

I'm just indulging my curiosity while waiting for my Jeep. I may not do anything at all. Neither dash is really all that bad. $1400 might be better spent on wheels, tires, skids, bumper hoop, aux lights, CB, ....
I am torn on the bumper hoop. I like the build quality of the Mopar one, but I want it a little taller. JCR and Maximus 3 both make them, but I’m not as sure on those. If you look at the JL bumper, the area that the hoop bolts onto is not flat. The Mopar one conforms exactly to the shape, while the others look to be flat for the most part leaving a gap underneath. That’s a rust issue waiting to happen.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I would get the Mopar hoop for the stock bumper. Though I'm likely to wait to see what aftermarket bumpers are made available. I like my hoops welded with bracing.

This conflicts with my desire to keep things light and go aluminum though. :(

Iron Crane

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR
Couple more pics to show the color up close and the interior stitching.

IMG_1067.JPG

IMG_1071.JPG

IMG_1070.JPG
Is the orange color you posted look the same on the screen as in person? The color I see on the screen is gorgeous....

Sponsored

ekometti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge 392, 2015 Cayenne S
So Jeep intends to deliver an orange Jeep with a sliver dash and red stitching on the black seats? Ugh? At least the red dash matched the stitching. This scenario looks like a hodge-podge. In one view, say from behind and between the front seats, you would see red stitching, sliver dash, black seats/panels and orange frame, along with the reddish-orange locker switches. Yikes:facepalm:
They should have the dash insert in black leather with red stitching to match the seats.

Last edited:

Punk'n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon a Punk'n 2018 JLU Rubicon owner, 2015 Suburban LTZ, 2012 BMW M5
Occupation
Logistician
Well, welcome to the somewhat small group of those who the like the tan interior! Nothing much hotter than black leather in the Texas sun. I am looking forward to trying the tan interior myself. I too ordered a Punk'n JLUR with tan. My dealer did some checking and believes it will come with the grey dash..... We shall see I guess....
Thank you for the confirmation. I am not big on surprises so here is hoping you are right. I ordered on the 13 Feb, still no VIN yet and I am getting a little twisted waiting.

Punk'n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Logistician
So far, all of the Rubicon tan interiors come with a sliver/gray dash, and all of the black interiors come with the "red", regardless of exterior color. The Saharas with cloth come with the silver/gray regardless of interior/exterior color, and with the stitched black with the leather.
Sports come with the silver/gray
The news is getting better. Thank you
Really didnt want an Orange Jeep with Tan seats and a Red dash.

Punk'n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Logistician
It will definitely come with the grey dash. There hasn't been any confusion or different opinions there from all the posts i've read as all tan interiors for sport and rubicon are coming with grey dash. This also matches what the online configurator has always shown, I believe, that grey goes with tan. The only change to have come out is around punk'n and the black interior. I believe that has changed for the sport model with black interior to be a grey dash? As of now, it appears the black interior for the rubicon will still get the red dash.

I don't think people should be so concerned though. It is looking like it's a fairly easy fix if you want to change the color of the dash. You can either have it vinyl wrapped or painted to whatever you want for probably less than 200 bucks. What I wish my punk'n JLUR didn't have when it arrives is the red stitching on the seats. I've heard a black fabric pen could do the trick. But when all is said and done...I just want my punk'n to be here now!!!!! :headbang::headbang::cwl: Because I'm in love with an inanimate object that isn't even here yet! :involve::involve::involve:

Thank you Smuddy.

With the ability to take it out and paint or wrap it I may go all in have have it colour matched Punk'n. But we will see when it gets here.

I have been called / texting my dealership at least every other day, I think they want my Jeep to be here as much as I do (Probably just so that I stop calling).

Talked to the GSM today and asked for him to look into my VIN# so at least I know its on the floor.
Sponsored