First Name
steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JlU
Occupation
stationary engineer
I followed the exact instructions in the video cj off road posted. Made sure the wire was facing passenger side. I also have the pedal commander btw on sport +1. Maybe that helps a bit getting those rpms higher quicker for more boost? But either way you should still hear the swoosh when you floor it and let go at least
i have the idrive throttle controller
and turned it to ultimate mode 9 - pedal response cant get any better then that and still nothing -
so you installed the same direction as i did ,just like the video shows hmmm - i dont know - maybe i missed something :( no psssssh lol i will try again after work as i had to goto the dentist b4 the install lol so i didnt mess around much ----- will report back with more info when i get a chance tomoro
Sponsored

Last edited:

elf883

First Name
steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JlU
Occupation
stationary engineer
ok so update - i hear it all day today lol driving home from work i can hear it pssssh but its not as loud with the cover on and hood closed of course - but it is working as it should - dont know what why or how 0 it started to psssssh so im not worried anymore , maybe needed a restart - i dont know but its working all out of no where now lol so alls good here !! pssssssh

Semdaddy

First Name
Irfan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2.0 sport unlimited
Got mine yesterday and installed. Sorry no video yet. Ummm, simple install but not very audible. Also im not sure how CJs video did it but my rev limiter kicks in while in neutral or park which leads me to believe they were just using sound clips.
Hey bro the turbo needs to be under load , so u should put it in drive and hold the break down and rev it

Avar928

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU 2.0 Sport S Granite
Anyone have issued with their TS BOV after install? I put the Plumback on mine on Tuesday and just had issues with it today (Friday). Driving back from a 2hr trip, felt like I had no turbo when accelerating, even flooring it. Felt like it was being choked and I was driving a Prius, I had not even a turbo whine coming out. I switched back to factory after pulling into my driveway - engine still hot - and got back on the road for a spirited drive and good as new. Immediate response and flying at all speeds, sweet sounds all around.

I'm thinking it's the BOV since I was back in the game after going back to factory. I checked the air filter just in case for obstruction and nothing. Couldn't think of anything else and I had no other engine mods aside that one swap.

elf883

First Name
steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JlU
Occupation
stationary engineer
Anyone have issued with their TS BOV after install? I put the Plumback on mine on Tuesday and just had issues with it today (Friday). Driving back from a 2hr trip, felt like I had no turbo when accelerating, even flooring it. Felt like it was being choked and I was driving a Prius, I had not even a turbo whine coming out. I switched back to factory after pulling into my driveway - engine still hot - and got back on the road for a spirited drive and good as new. Immediate response and flying at all speeds, sweet sounds all around.

I'm thinking it's the BOV since I was back in the game after going back to factory. I checked the air filter just in case for obstruction and nothing. Couldn't think of anything else and I had no other engine mods aside that one swap.
no issue with mine so far - its still shwooshing like a star trek door opening lol - not loud but its working

Sponsored

Huehue80

First Name
Cohan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR
Mine is doing great. No CEL and Turbo still working great. I have the duel port so Turbo noises are great.

ztobro

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2.0T

I was having the exact same issue with mine, pretty sure you actually replied to one of my posts on a different thread. It drove great at first but over time boost didn't want to build worth sh*t. I tried swapping back and forth from TS to stock 2 or 3 times and was never able to get things to play nicely and work properly. I'd send an email to TurboSmart to let them know of the issues. :)

ztobro

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2.0T

Sponsored

Avar928

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was having the exact same issue with mine, pretty sure you actually replied to one of my posts on a different thread. It drove great at first but over time boost didn't want to build worth sh*t. I tried swapping back and forth from TS to stock 2 or 3 times and was never able to get things to play nicely and work properly. I'd send an email to TurboSmart to let them know of the issues. :)
I did, still waiting on a response. Sucks it didn't work out but I'm on the fence of a replacement or refund.

Rploaded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Mine is loud and I can hear it over the radio. If you want to test get going to about 30 and shift into manual and floor it, then after 2 seconds let off and you will hear it.

Jnrscaping

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara
I did, still waiting on a response. Sucks it didn't work out but I'm on the fence of a replacement or refund.
Yea you see this is why I’m hesitant of new products like this. I am very interested in doing it but this is my very fear. I hope they respond to you and hopefully it’s just the bov that was malfunctioning.

Avar928

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yea you see this is why I’m hesitant of new products like this. I am very interested in doing it but this is my very fear. I hope they respond to you and hopefully it’s just the bov that was malfunctioning.
They did and sent me the warranty form to send it back. I think I'll opt for a refund and give it more time to see how it holds up with other people's installs before buying again. I don't want to be out on a road trip and have no turbo cause of a faulty BOV (though it's an easy swap and I could just carry the factory in the glove box and an 8mm socket and wrench).

Jnrscaping

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara
They did and sent me the warranty form to send it back. I think I'll opt for a refund and give it more time to see how it holds up with other people's installs before buying again. I don't want to be out on a road trip and have no turbo cause of a faulty BOV (though it's an easy swap and I could just carry the factory in the glove box and an 8mm socket and wrench).
No I hear you. It’s great that they were responsive but who wants to deal with that...? Like you said hopefully others will hold up
Sponsored