Adding seat warmers?

Yorkie3621

First Name
stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sport S. Silver/Tan
I have a JLU sport S with the accessory switches and the cloth seats.

has anyone added aftermarket seat warmers? Any tips or suggestions? Would I be better off getting heated seat covers?

thanks
Sponsored

RichD

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport S
I have a JLU sport S with the accessory switches and the cloth seats.

has anyone added aftermarket seat warmers? Any tips or suggestions? Would I be better off getting heated seat covers?

thanks
I haven't, but have thought about it. There's an accessory shop near me (tint, remote starters), that advertises heated seats. I assume it's factory-like heated seats (integrated into the existing seat). I've looked at the covers too, but I think I'd be annoyed by the fabric and cords. I'll rough it for now!

Kripas

First Name
Kripas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
I haven't, but have thought about it. There's an accessory shop near me (tint, remote starters), that advertises heated seats. I assume it's factory-like heated seats (integrated into the existing seat). I've looked at the covers too, but I think I'd be annoyed by the fabric and cords. I'll rough it for now!
A friend of mine quoted $250 per seat just to install the heaters. That’s not including parts.

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
I had it added by the dealer on my preowned . Also the trailer hitch. They farmed them out to a local shop that does truck and car aftermarket stuff. They work fantastic. The buttons were put on the center console just rear of the shifter. They do not turn off , or reset to off when the ignition is off. You have to flip the little switch. Glad I did it. Don't know exactly how much it was but I think I paid the dealer 1600 for both. They said that was their cost. Do I believe that? Maybe, but either way I wanted thesis mods.

Sponsored

liquids

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 1968 CJ5
They're a bitch and a half to install on your own. On my JKU I had to remove the seats (those floorboard bolts are over-torqued) and remove and install the hog rings that hold the seat covers on. Took a day, a ruined 1/2" ratchet and a lot of swearing to do. Let someone else do it.

All said, though, I liked the OEM look and feel. Don't think I'd like accessory seat covers for it.

mazeppa

First Name
y = x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob

thrsonly1

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU/2013 JK
We used the same heated seat kit: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001L6HYQK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1 , but without any seat covers. We removed the seats from the Jeep, then unlatched/unzipped the covers, removed the 2-3 hog rings (with diagonal cutters) on one side and slid the heat elements between the foam and the oem covers in the seat and in the backrest.
Then carefully fed the wires through a gap between the seat and back, secured the covers with zip ties (can't reuse the hog rings without special pliers), then reinstalled the seats and routed the wire underneath the seat rails into the middle console.
We installed the switches in the same spot as mazeppa. Each switch has a 10 amp inline fuse, leading into a single main lead. The ground is connected to a bolt in the middle console. We wired the main lead through the grommet in the passenger side firewall into the fusebox, using a fuse tap and 20amp fuse to piggy-back the existing front heated seat fuse location.
Took about 4-5 hours total, including a lot of alcohol and choice words ;). Overall, we are extremely pleased with this product...worth it.
Also, we installed the same exact kit on my wife's JK two years ago and have had no problems or complaints.

Sponsored

Andy-jr.

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 White JKU, 2012 Black JK 2018 White Grand Cherokee, 2001 TJ, 2020 JLUR EcoDiesel
Vehicle Showcase
I've also put the Amazon seat warmers in my JKU. They worked great for about two years and then they quit working. I have read they get to hot and the wires break on the Amazon ones. They are cheap enough to replace every other year but its the time it takes to get the seats apart to make it look "factory".

rhill2901

First Name
Nobody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
do the seat warmers run at full power all the time? Is there a way to adjust the temperature? If not, that may be why.

Grayhound

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jlurd
I have added seat heat to my back seats on my last 2 Jeeps. I had to remove the seat covers and install the heaters and then redo the hog rings as I put the covers back on. One time I did it with the seats in the jeep, the 2nd time I removed the seats completely. Wiring with the aux switches is super easy. On the one I did without the aux switches I ran wiring to the fuse box and tapped into the front seat heat fuse. It’s a lot of work, but not too hard, and totally worth it here in Michigan!

B301AB65-F6AB-4234-BC8F-260D20D413B2.jpeg
Sponsored