Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Accredited Financial Planner
Vehicle Showcase
I noticed this morning that I have 2 DTC’s showing:

UO432
UO168

I’m at work so not a lot of time to figure out what these are exactly. No check engine lights.

Are either or both of these related to the recent install of the Tazer lite or perhaps the Mopar CAI?

Google wasn’t my friend with the quick search I did not can I find anything in the forum search.

Any input would be appreciated.
Sponsored

Jmonroe

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR and a '99 Camaro SS convertible I bought new
Occupation
Retired
I saw the UO168 code immediately after installing the Tazer. It decodes to a "loss of communication". I chalked it up to the few moments between having unplugged the bypass cords and getting the Tazer plugged in. I cleared it and haven't seen it again.

The other seems to be related to the signal from the "fly by wire" accelerator control. Related? Might try using the Tazer tech support.

OP
OP
JPAloha

JPAloha

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2 door, 2022 JL Rubicon 4xE
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Accredited Financial Planner
Vehicle Showcase
I saw the UO168 code immediately after installing the Tazer. It decodes to a "loss of communication". I chalked it up to the few moments between having unplugged the bypass cords and getting the Tazer plugged in. I cleared it and haven't seen it again.

The other seems to be related to the signal from the "fly by wire" accelerator control. Related? Might try using the Tazer tech support.
I appreciate you taking the time to respond. I cleared them both but I know the 432 was there right after I installed the Tazer. I didn’t use my dedicated code reader beforehand so not sure if it was present prior to or not. I’m off on Tuesday so hopefully I’ll find time to call / message Tazer tech support.

Canyonero JL

First Name
Krusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JL Unlimited
I appreciate you taking the time to respond. I cleared them both but I know the 432 was there right after I installed the Tazer. I didn’t use my dedicated code reader beforehand so not sure if it was present prior to or not. I’m off on Tuesday so hopefully I’ll find time to call / message Tazer tech support.
I have the same codes just after installing the Tazer JL. I could also use information if you have it.

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
I think the code is actually U0168 not UO168. But either way, I'm getting the same code. Now my alarm doesn't sound when the door is open when the Jeep is locked.

Sponsored

MongolianJL

First Name
Orgil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Sahara
This U0168 is bugging me cause I just installed Tazer JL mini error came up and dash red light was on. So I full rebooted the system after finishing the modification and started the engine it died in one second. Restarted the whole thing and car starts ok. But it happend for the second time... not sure whats wrong

Tritonman

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
ITS Duty Manager
i THINK there is a firmware update that fixes the code problem. You may want to make sure that your tazer is up to date.

BisonCreek

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I just got these codes has there been any further solution? I’m on firmware:TZ JL 11.1.4

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I just got these codes has there been any further solution? I’m on firmware:TZ JL 11.1.4
11.1.6 is available so you may try unmarrying the Tazer then update the firmware then install back in and see.

RV Wrench

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Cherokee, 93 Wrangler, 19 Wrangler
Tazer headaches?

Why yes, yes there are.

Those codes are caused by the Tazer. Those two codes popped up on me one day, and the Jeep went into neutral as I was cruising through the neighborhood at 35mph. I had to put it in Manual to get it back in gear, drove to a parking lot, and cleared the codes. Restarted the Jeep and it was fine after that.

I've had mine for 2 months now and not real happy with the "glitches". Especially the glitches/spasmatic display on my dash when running 2wd/4wd-hi and the rear locker engaged.

I am still trying to make it run seamlessly. Guess I had better check for updates/unmarry/remarry, etc AGAIN to see if that fixes it.

I like the features and all, but the glitches suck.

Sponsored

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
Tazer headaches?

Why yes, yes there are.

Those codes are caused by the Tazer. Those two codes popped up on me one day, and the Jeep went into neutral as I was cruising through the neighborhood at 35mph. I had to put it in Manual to get it back in gear, drove to a parking lot, and cleared the codes. Restarted the Jeep and it was fine after that.

I've had mine for 2 months now and not real happy with the "glitches". Especially the glitches/spasmatic display on my dash when running 2wd/4wd-hi and the rear locker engaged.

I am still trying to make it run seamlessly. Guess I had better check for updates/unmarry/remarry, etc AGAIN to see if that fixes it.

I like the features and all, but the glitches suck.
One thing I noticed on the rear locker when trying to engage in 2wd or 4hi, I have to be stopped for it to work. Otherwise it just cancels itself.

Jl guy

First Name
Hayden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep jlu Sahara
I have a 2018 jeep jlu Sahara and I had problems with my taser jl. Just wanted to know if anyone else has had this problem. I bought a tazer jl lite and installed it in my Jeep. I followed all the steps in the instructions but what I didn’t know was that the tazer was married to another vehicle before mine. When I was going through the menus I accidentally pushed full reboot and I got a service 4wd light, service electric stability control, and a abs malfunction. I took out my tazer and used a scan tool to find the code implausible data from wheel speed sensor. I sent my tazer jl to z-automotive got it back properly married it and no luck. I tried everything. I’m just confused on why this happened to my jl. Was there a problem before that wasn’t recognized by the security gateway module or did the tazer jl cause a fault in the computer. I had tried to clear these codes but they are hard codes that wouldn’t clear. I took it to my dealer and they said it was a wheel speed sensor. I know some people have had problems with their wheelspeed sensors but it seems pretty ironic that the peedsensor went bad when I rebooted the jl system. Anyissues like this?

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Anyissues like this?
No.

Does Tazer work fine with the new sensor? Z Automotive support is excellent, in case you’re still having an issue.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I took it to my dealer and they said it was a wheel speed sensor.
As I said in your other post, if it is a wheel speed sensor it will throw a code. It will also throw the other errors you've seen. Did the dealer read the codes?

Jl guy

First Name
Hayden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep jlu Sahara
As I said in your other post, if it is a wheel speed sensor it will throw a code. It will also throw the other errors you've seen. Did the dealer read the codes?
Yes they did and they said it was a bad speed sensor. Going to the dealer on Monday!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.