Sponsored

Driver door window noise

chiefersutherland

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon
Took the Jeep on some mild trails to go camping last weekend. Talking washboards at worst.

Now, there is an incessant squeak coming from the driver’s door window that happens on anything but freshly paved asphalt.

Any ideas on what’s causing that? It didn’t happen before going on the dirt roads.
Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Took the Jeep on some mild trails to go camping last weekend. Talking washboards at worst.

Now, there is an incessant squeak coming from the driver’s door window that happens on anything but freshly paved asphalt.

Any ideas on what’s causing that? It didn’t happen before going on the dirt roads.
Hi chiefsutherland,
I understand that you are reaching out to your fellow forum members; however, if you decide to have this looked into by your dealer, feel free to loop us in. We'd be happy to add assistance if needed.
Alex
Jeep Cares

DOCXKT

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JEEP WRANGLER JL UNLIMITED SAHARA
I have a similar issue as well, when going over bumpy or mild bumps on the road the driver side door has this small vibration rattle can’t pin point where it’s coming from

OP
OP

chiefersutherland

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon
I have a similar issue as well, when going over bumpy or mild bumps on the road the driver side door has this small vibration rattle can’t pin point where it’s coming from
Does yours go away with the window down? Mine does. It’s bizarre and I’m hoping it’s simple and I can avoid a dealer visit, since mine sucks and constantly tries to gaslight me.

DOCXKT

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JEEP WRANGLER JL UNLIMITED SAHARA
I can’t recall but I will try later on my way home. I’m at the dealership getting the V41 recall done

Sponsored

OP
OP

chiefersutherland

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon
No one else has this problem?

I’m almost to the point of selling this thing with all the squeaks and rattles. I can’t believe I spent $50,000 on something with such poor fit and finish.

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara (Granite)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
I have the same noise on driver door when the window is about 3” opened.

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
You guys do realize you bought a vehicle designed for the window to fold down, top come off and doors remove. The thing can't possible squeak and noise free.

With that said, I do have the squeak you speak of. It will go away with window slightly down so I assume its the WINDOW thats not tightened that well on the window holder and any bump causes it to wiggle and squeak. As a test try putting a small amount of grease not he top 1/2" of the window and see if it helps.

Instead of doing all that my solution was just to do this :) https://www.myjlproject.com/blog/jl-wrangler-audio-upgrade/. Now I dont hear shit in my jeep LOL

Last edited:
OP
OP

chiefersutherland

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon
You guys do realize you bought a vehicle designed for the window to fold down, top come off and doors remove. The thing can't possible squeak and noise free.

With that said, I do have the squeak you speak of. It will go away with window slightly down so I assume its the WINDOW thats not tightened that well on the window holder and any bump causes it to wiggle and squeak. As a test try putting a small amount of grease not he top 1/2" of the window and see if it helps.

Instead of doing all that my solution was just to do this :) https://www.myjlproject.com/blog/jl-wrangler-audio-upgrade/. Now I dont hear shit in my jeep LOL
What are you, a Jeep service writer? No, I’m not accepting that on a $50k vehicle lol

OP
OP

chiefersutherland

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon
As an update to anyone else with this issue, it wasn’t the window at all. The noise comes from the weatherstrip rubbing on the freedom panel. I put some sil-glyde on it and it went away. Wondering if there’s a more permanent solution.

Sponsored

frizille

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKUR, 2006 Lotus Elise, 2008 Lotus Exige, 1957 Caterham Super Seven
As an update to anyone else with this issue, it wasn’t the window at all. The noise comes from the weatherstrip rubbing on the freedom panel. I put some sil-glyde on it and it went away. Wondering if there’s a more permanent solution.
I've got this same issue with the soft top JLUR. Which weather stripping did you apply it to? The one on the door or on the door frame?

(I'm not near my Jeep so can't check...)

OP
OP

chiefersutherland

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon
I've got this same issue with the soft top JLUR. Which weather stripping did you apply it to? The one on the door or on the door frame?

(I'm not near my Jeep so can't check...)
I put it on the door. That’s actually the only spot with weatherstripping

mreloc

First Name
ME
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Altitude; VWGTI
What are you, a Jeep service writer? No, I’m not accepting that on a $50k vehicle lol
It cracks me up how somehow people think a $50K vehicle is some sort of a premium thing. These days, $50K is barely out of economy car territory. I just sold my 3 year old 911 that stickered for $145K (sold it for $111K). It had just as many frustrating quality issues.

OP
OP

chiefersutherland

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon
It cracks me up how somehow people think a $50K vehicle is some sort of a premium thing. These days, $50K is barely out of economy car territory. I just sold my 3 year old 911 that stickered for $145K (sold it for $111K). It had just as many frustrating quality issues.
Huh, well I guess if you’re in 911 territory that’s an appropriate take.

Capricorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JL Willys XR V6
Occupation
Network Architect & Engineer
On my brand new Gladiator Mohave, (6 days old), I hear an annoying squeak from the interior panel plastic from day one. Didn't notice it during the test drive as I was concentrating on other things. Noise goes away if I press on the plastic. I added some padding inside and some of it went away but if the road is not smooth, it come back.
I have an appointment with the dealer on November 30th to take a look at it.
Sponsored