Feeling Ripped off with CBS leather option

HealthRebel

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRU Ocean Blue
I'm not disappointed in my factory leather seats at all. They are smooth and soft, the stitching is all white (just like all Sahara/Moab with leather). Very comfortable and MUCH easier to clean than cloth. Last weekend my seats got pretty dirty, and all I had to do was wipe them off with a damp cloth. No scrubbing to get the dirt out like you do with cloth seats. If you properly maintain your leather it will easily last as long as cloth seats. They don't seem cheap to me in quality, or workmanship. The colors aren't "wrong" either. The leather option is white stitching. The error is in the dealer not telling people who are ordering a Rubicon that the other red accents won't change.
Thanks for sharing. Good information to know!
Sponsored

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Have any of you with a Rubicon tried dyeing the white stitching red? I've seen that done in Rams with various colors. It's a bit of effort, but then all your stuff would be red instead of red and white.

COJLGirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe, 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4...
Look at the picture-has red stitched shift boot, steering wheel, and seat back pulls.
I’m well aware of the red stitching on the boot and the steering wheel considering that’s my Jeep in the photo.

lakebuster

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon JL and 2015 Jeep JK Willys Wheeler
Drove over to dealer per website Window Sticker showed they had one Rubicon with the CBQ-Peforated Leather Option and the Granite Crystal had the CBS-Stitched Leather Option. Upon arriving at dealership both Rubicons listed the $1795 option but had cloth seats. Told dealer to deduct the $1795 for not having the Katzkin Option and I would have it installed myself. I was told no, they would have to make a claim with FCA and others would buy as is...Anyone else ran into this problem?

rocketship41

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JK350
Ordered a 2020 Rubicon 8/29 and rolled the dice with the CBS leather option. After reading the threads was super bummed about the miss-match of stitching and missing the nice touches with the factory leather (top dash, shifter knobs, ebrake, center console, door armrest, rear seat fold down). I was just notified that my new rig arrived with RED stitching in the CBS seats. Looks way better than the white. The hex insert is still white, along with the jeep logo - but the red stitching around the insert looks "acceptable". Thank goodness someone at Jeep is thinking! My dealer is being cool and replacing all the trim pieces for a very reasonable cost. Just thought I'd let whomever is reading this know.

jeep seat.jpg

Sponsored

FitBliss

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Limited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah this isn't the first I have heard of this option not being up to par, before I bought my rubi I saw a used model with this option in person and was not impressed.

captnjbk

First Name
BK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray Rubicon. 2017 Moto Guzzi V7.
Ordered the $1750 CBS leather option on my 2019 Rubicon JLU. Was surprised with paying for upgraded factory installed stitched leather I ended up with less than the standard factory leather. I got red stitched steering wheel and shift boots but the seats are stitched in tungsten/white. Plus did not get stitched center console or door armrest. Dash is just plain plastic with red insert. Looks like those that ordered CBS in a Sahara all match with the tungsten/white stitching and got stitched console, dash, and door armrests.Jeep dropped the ball on this one. Took it to dealer yesterday and service manager was surprised and was going to make some calls. Appears Rubicon and sport get same interior with that CBS upgrade. Buyers beware.

seat.jpeg

wheel.jpeg
Not to pour salt in the wound but here's Alea Leather with stitching to match the steering wheel.
Much less than $1750.
I'd be pitching a fit at the dealership. Even the Katzkin version has matching stitching.

jeep 2.jpg

rocketship41

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JK350
Uh, yea. That looks killer! Live and learn. Now that the CBS option comes with Red Stitching, it does look pretty good and matches nicely. It would be a total disappointment with miss-matching stitching like the guys in the beginning of this thread.

cosmec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2015 Subaru WRX, 2012 JK-Previously
Build Thread
Link
Not to pour salt in the wound but here's Alea Leather with stitching to match the steering wheel.
Much less than $1750.
I'd be pitching a fit at the dealership. Even the Katzkin version has matching stitching.

jeep 2.jpg
That looks awful
Sponsored