Sponsored

Cheap wheel and tire set that is actually REALLY GOOD.

OP
OP
TO TplssFn

TO TplssFn

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 2019 Mazda CX-9; 2006 BMW 330CI M-Sport Convertible Manual; V-Star 950
looks great! I’m actually looking at these as well as some similar from Quadratec as well as American Racing and other 8 hole. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks Dave! I'm not familiar with the other wheels' specs. The Pro Comps have the right backspace and offset to push even 285s an inch and a half out from underneath the fenders without the need for spacers. I have to admit, the price point (about $100 US per wheel) was also a very convincing argument... and my wife and I like the matte finish.
Sponsored

OP
OP
TO TplssFn

TO TplssFn

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 2019 Mazda CX-9; 2006 BMW 330CI M-Sport Convertible Manual; V-Star 950
Falken Wildpeak AT3Ws are by far the best all around ATs you can get, also 3-peak-mountain-snowflake rated for severe weather (which is a rarity these days) and they are also best bang for your bucks too.
Unfortunately, because they are so good demand has went WAY up these-days and they are getting expensive by the days. Mine already went up by $100 per tire during the few month I've got them.

Capture.JPG
The Wildpeaks were on my shopping list as well; in the end, it was the quiet ride, the four seasons traction and especially wet / snow traction that won me over. The 4S, apparently, is a fairly new tire with a new type of silica composition and from what I read, it has already won many followers due to its performance. I found it to be a bit cheaper than the Wildpeak but I'm sure if you shop around, you'll find deals on either one. I'm happy with the Coopers so far and the come with a 105,000 km thread life warranty (and they had a rebate offer on at the time when I bought them! ; )

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
I'll use a wheel cover (wife hasn't picked one yet). Just didn't see the need to spend another $400 (CDN) for a wheel that I most likely never use and in the event I do need to, the stock wheel's diameter is less than ¾" smaller so I'll just drive lopsided for a few kilometres.
On my old truck, I ran a spare that was 1" smaller in diameter. I put about 30km on the spare one time. Even on the highway, with the spare mounted on the front, it got me to where I was going just fine. I can definitely understand wanting the save the $400.

OP
OP
TO TplssFn

TO TplssFn

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my old truck, I ran a spare that was 1" smaller in diameter. I put about 30km on the spare one time. Even on the highway, with the spare mounted on the front, it got me to where I was going just fine. I can definitely understand wanting the save the $400.
Yes, and since my wife drives it most of the time, she'll likely just call roadside assistance and let them take care of it all. She won't even have to take the wheel cover off! ; )

rampart_ranger

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Willys XR
Know this is an older thread, but it helped me in my decision making! I run 35" Nitto Ridge Grappler's but needed something for winter and road trips that is smaller, lighter, and softer. I found just the ticket in Cooper Discoverer AT3s and appreciate the OPs write up on them. I picked up the AT3 4S in P285/70R17 which is the same size as the BFGs that come stock on the JLUR. They weigh only 45 lbs and the P rating means they ride much smoother than an LT. They're perfect for what I needed.

I just drove from Denver to SW Utah and back and got 20 MPG across 1,600 miles. I was even lucky enough to hit a spread from 109 degrees in Utah to 21 and snow in Colorado and you couldn't tell a difference. They handled water and snow perfectly, much more confidence than Ridge Grapplers (as you would expect). Not as beefy of a look, but I think they look pretty good.

They're paired with Tactik T-743 wheels from Quadratec, which are just $119/ea. Really happy to have this second set of wheels/tires for when the RGs just aren't needed.

Jeep Wrangler JL Cheap wheel and tire set that is actually REALLY GOOD. Cooper AT3 4S Jeep.JPG

Sponsored

Fonzilla85

First Name
Fonz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Lawman
Anyone looking for a great deal on some wheels should take a look at the Method 316. These wheels look great and have an awesome price point. I may swap out my Borah’s for these.
Jeep Wrangler JL Cheap wheel and tire set that is actually REALLY GOOD. 1F14550F-D1AF-40DB-89EB-742180B7D3B9

C3C48733-A5CE-4232-90B9-792D8EA4DBB8.png

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Know this is an older thread, but it helped me in my decision making! I run 35" Nitto Ridge Grappler's but needed something for winter and road trips that is smaller, lighter, and softer. I found just the ticket in Cooper Discoverer AT3s and appreciate the OPs write up on them. I picked up the AT3 4S in P285/70R17 which is the same size as the BFGs that come stock on the JLUR. They weigh only 45 lbs and the P rating means they ride much smoother than an LT. They're perfect for what I needed.

I just drove from Denver to SW Utah and back and got 20 MPG across 1,600 miles. I was even lucky enough to hit a spread from 109 degrees in Utah to 21 and snow in Colorado and you couldn't tell a difference. They handled water and snow perfectly, much more confidence than Ridge Grapplers (as you would expect). Not as beefy of a look, but I think they look pretty good.

They're paired with Tactik T-743 wheels from Quadratec, which are just $119/ea. Really happy to have this second set of wheels/tires for when the RGs just aren't needed.

Jeep Wrangler JL Cheap wheel and tire set that is actually REALLY GOOD. C3C48733-A5CE-4232-90B9-792D8EA4DBB8
I have always liked those Coopers and put them on my daughters JK. Same size as yours. They look smaller than the KO2 but not sure if thats just my eyes deceiving me. Nice look!
Sponsored