Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR black
Occupation
Construction field worker
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone else sometimes powerslide through corners when it's rainy? When there's no one else around, at a stop sign, turn tc off and get on the throttle a bit... or is it just me?
Man all the time:rock:that 285HP engine pushing 4500lb of pure soft suspension JEEP feels great drifting around corners in all seriousness not very often I have only done it once and it’s not my brothers Shelby gt500 I can tell you that lol also I live in DFW so high population area not very safe:( but at a OHV park that I go to there is a pretty long dirt road and I feel like a pro rally driver from the 80s there :)

HealthRebel

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRU Ocean Blue
Man all the time:rock:that 285HP engine pushing 4500lb of pure soft suspension JEEP feels great drifting around corners in all seriousness not very often I have only done it once and it’s not my brothers Shelby gt500 I can tell you that lol also I live in DFW so high population area not very safe:( but at a OHV park that I go to there is a pretty long dirt road and I feel like a pro rally driver from the 80s there :)
Where do you go off roading? I live in Flower Mound, work in Colleyville.

Sponsored

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
My last car was RWD with an open diff and I'd do fun things around corners with drift lube on the ground.

Now with my jeep with the lsd, it's traction off and pin the throttle a little any chance I get when it's raining as long as no one is around me, or in the car with me. If I'm gonna do stupid things I'm gonna do it alone.

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
Gas in here Corruptifornia is $4+ a gallon for 87 octane. I'm light on the gas pedal!

HealthRebel

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRU Ocean Blue
Bridgeport OHV park great place
Thanks. I went there back in 2012 when I had my 2012 JK. Sounds like it's still one of our best options in DFW.

I am looking into a couple of local Jeep clubs... Lone Star Jeep Club and North Texas Jeep Club. Are you a member of either one?

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

I've found I don't even need to turn TC off in my 6MT to accomplish this; Low gear give it some juice and let that 3.6L do the talkin' LOL
done this a few times haha love that 6 speed

Jeepdude101

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR black
Occupation
Construction field worker
Vehicle Showcase
I am a member of lone star Jeep club great club very nice lots of new Jeepers and veteran Jeepers we first tried north Texas Jeep club and at the first meeting somebody said something derogatory to my dad about his YJ I can’t remember what it was my dad likes his YJ lol:) it was just one member I’m sure there are a lot of really kind members of north Texas but we tried lone star a couple years later and yep there’s guys with YJ’s perfect fit but we have been so busy with work and my brother and his wife’s new baby that we haven’t been to a meeting in months hope they take us back:fingerscrossed:
Sponsored