Rear Axle Replace on Rubicon for Flashing Locker Light

Brad41

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18ā€™ JLUR firecracker red
Mine has been in the shop for 5 days. Still waiting on s phone call. (Locker light fault)
Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I have a 2019 jlur with 13,000 miles on it. Mine did this today but it locked the rear diff. Light was flashing. I pulled off road and shut it down and the light went off. I canā€™t wait to call the dealer.
Did you get in touch with your dealer? Let us know if we can help with anything.

Kaitlin
Jeep Cares

mpogca

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Firecracker Red JLU RUBICON
Just got my 2019 JLUR back to day for the same issues. After three different attempts to fix, they finally replaced the rear axle. @JeepCares was very helpful in keeping me informed on status of parts. Haven't tried the rear lockers yet, but will soon. Now if they can just get the Uconnect Assist and SOS to work. Several attempts have all failed and now they are replacing the button??? Oh well. Fingers crossed.

wranglermex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr JL Rubicon
I think I'm having this issue. When I start my 2019 JLR the locker switch indicates the rear diff is locked. When I turn it off it just blinks. I'm taking it into the dealership on Friday.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I think I'm having this issue. When I start my 2019 JLR the locker switch indicates the rear diff is locked. When I turn it off it just blinks. I'm taking it into the dealership on Friday.
Hi wranglermex,
We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this with your new Wrangler. Please keep is updated on your dealer visit. If additional assistance is needed, feel free to reach out to us via PM.
Alex
JeepCares

Sponsored

Brad41

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine has been in the shop for 5 days. Still waiting on s phone call. (Locker light fault)
Update: after getting it back (replaced a switch), it came on again the next day. It has now been at the dealership for almost a week. I called yesterday for an update (they never call me), and was advised itā€™s a bad sensor, and the whole rear axle will need to be replaced since the sensor is a non-replaceable part...craziness. So, the new axle is on order.

mpogca

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Firecracker Red JLU RUBICON
Update: after getting it back (replaced a switch), it came on again the next day. It has now been at the dealership for almost a week. I called yesterday for an update (they never call me), and was advised itā€™s a bad sensor, and the whole rear axle will need to be replaced since the sensor is a non-replaceable part...craziness. So, the new axle is on order.
That was the same thing that happened to mine, 2019 JLUR. After several attempts they replaced the rear end. Part took about 21 days to arrive. I have had it back a week and no light.

Brad41

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That was the same thing that happened to mine, 2019 JLUR. After several attempts they replaced the rear end. Part took about 21 days to arrive. I have had it back a week and no light.
Iā€™m just glad this happened under warranty. Can you imagine paying for this on a 3.5 year-old vehicle? It gives me a little pause to see this happen... I love my rubicon, but to know this is a possible trend (since other people are going through this) makes me wonder about my idea of getting 10 years of service w/o major issues.

wranglermex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr JL Rubicon
Just dropped my JLR at the dealership. They said they would give me an update in a couple of days. I have a feeling I'm going to be without a car for a while. Did I mention it only has 4,000 miles on it?

A loaner car sure would've been nice @JeepCares....

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Just dropped my JLR at the dealership. They said they would give me an update in a couple of days. I have a feeling I'm going to be without a car for a while. Did I mention it only has 4,000 miles on it?

A loaner car sure would've been nice @JeepCares....
Hi wranglermex,
Because dealers own their loaner vehicles, they do set the processes and procedures surrounding them. However, I would be happy to look into this further to see if there is anything we can do on our end. Feel free to send us a PM.
Alex
JeepCares

Sponsored

Nordy

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon Blue
Add me to the list of this issue too, and of course the stealership won't warranty anything even do a real job diagnosing since my sway bar disconnect is not connected. They are different modules and do different things. How long has the new axle worked? I'm at 27k miles and need to get a fix quick before we run over bumper to bumper.

wranglermex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr JL Rubicon
Add me to the list of this issue too, and of course the stealership won't warranty anything even do a real job diagnosing since my sway bar disconnect is not connected. They are different modules and do different things. How long has the new axle worked? I'm at 27k miles and need to get a fix quick before we run over bumper to bumper.
That sucks. It seems like the problem is pretty widespread. Given how widespread the problem is, I wonder if replacing the rear axle will actually fix the problem. If they're replacing an old defective part with a new defective part, it seems to me it would only be a matter of time before it breaks again. Have they actually identified and addressed what causes the problem?

I dropped my JLR off on Monday. The service rep said he would have an update in two days. Five days later they said they've been talking to Chrysler and still don't have an update.

Brad41

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spoke with the dealership yesterday. The axle wonā€™t be in until the 27th. They did finally give me a loaner. (Dodge caravan). Iā€™m ready for this to be over.

SpadeGrayJL

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Safety Consultant
Vehicle Showcase
Dropping my JLUR off to the dealer Friday afternoon. Rear locked light coming on at highway speeds only then turns back off shortly after that.

Last edited:

wranglermex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr JL Rubicon
Dropping my JLUR off to the dealer Friday afternoon. Rear locked light coming on at highway speeds only then turns back off shortly after that.
It seems like a fairly common problem, which makes me wonder why it's taking the dealership so long to diagnose the problem (I've been waiting for 8 days). They decided to give me a loaner yesterday, so at least I'm not on foot.
Sponsored