Sponsored

Load range e2? Ko2 - any advice would be appreciated!

Freddiejeep

First Name
Freddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JLU 2.0
Hey guys - need a little help/advice - I’m getting this tires on Monday from discount tire

--------------------------------------------------------------------
29044 5 35 X12.50R17 LT 121R E2 RWL
NRM BFG ALL TERRAIN T/A KO2

I see everyone talking about c d r ratings but haven’t seen e2.

Anyone have any advice if this is a good Choice tire I bought? I could change the order today - just wanna make sure. Oh, JLUR - putting them on w no lift at the moment
Sponsored

ericdrob67

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR EcoDiesel, '19 GMC Terrain, '16 Suburban
Vehicle Showcase
Load range E have a stiffer sidewall... for increased load capacity. Will work fine, but will ride rougher than load range C or D. If you do run a higher load range than C, you will most likely want to run less air in them for a better ride and better wear. Only issue this might cause is the TMPS settings. Will want a tazer or have dealer change the PSI settings.

millsra13

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I was nervous about going to a load range E after all the talk about stiffer sidewalls, but I honestly can't tell a difference. I'm running 315/70r17 E with the same tire psi as I was running on the stock KO2s (34 PSI cold).

punknking

First Name
Chrus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
buying JLU soon
I had E rated Falkens and then C rated Falkens in my JK. Id never go back to an E rated tire If I can avoid it. there is a huge on road quality difference IMO

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab
If you can avoid going with an e range tire on a Jeep, I'd suggest it. Simply put, even the heaviest JL is not heavy enough to justify it and the the vehicle will ride like crap. I'm running a D-Range on my JL and it's still a bit much, however there is not much selection out there for a 37" M/T that's got a C load Rang.

Of course there are some that will counter, "I've run then, it wasn't that bad, I just ran lower PSI in the tires." To that point, I'll put out there this. Ford Exlporer and the Firestone debacle. The way I understand that is the Explorer's were running an LT tire and the big complaint was ride quality when the tires were filled to recommended spec. To solve the problem the reduced the recommended PSI for the tires which did improve the ride quality, however it had an unintended side effect. The reduced PSI in the tires allowed them to heat up faster resulting in the bonding agent used to adhere the tread to the tire carcass losing adhesion and the tread separating from the tire carcass. The rest as they say is history.

Sponsored

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
If you are a light off-road wheeler, C or D is probably a better choice. If you go where jagged rocks, cactus and dead brush roots/branches are all about, you may consider a LR E tire for its puncture resistance and sidewall durability.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
There’s not any great reason to get an E rated 35x12.50 when the C rated 315/70 are nearly identical in size, and better suited for the weight of the Jeep.

OP
OP
Freddiejeep

Freddiejeep

First Name
Freddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JLU 2.0
Update - got the wheels and tires. The ride is slightly firmer...not at all bad. Very happy.

308E0CAC-5601-454C-AF46-DB1E6AE28B12.jpeg

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
E-rated are heavier & firmer, but that's not always a bad thing, especially when it comes to puncture hazards.

CZ 75

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Happy with my maxxis Razrs in 37 inch E load at 30 psi. They are barely heavier than the popular nittos and toyos in D load.
Sponsored