First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Hard top back and ski racks installed.

D4135C4F-E7B3-4CFD-A0C2-4FF9E5BCC921.jpeg
Is that the Motobilt or Evo tire carrier? Looks like the Motobilt but I can’t see it that great. I’m considering the Motobilt, if that’s the one you have can you shed any insight on it? I’d really like to see a side view to see how close it holds the wheel to the tailgate.

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
It’s actually the EVO carrier.
The only thing I don’t like about the Evo is it doesn’t fully cover the old hinges, eaves some bear metal exposed. Being in a winter climate I worry about rust all the damn time. Did you address that? Other then that it looks solid!!

Sponsored

Coolatc

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL
They look okay to me too. Mine are taller though, and I like the look of larger side walls, so I may be a bit biased.
Anyway, if you change the color of the beadlock from black to red, silver, polished, etc you can minimize the look of the sidewall a little. Basically the black ring blends with the tire and tricks your eye a bit. Eliminate that and your rim will look bigger. That will in turn make the side wall look smaller like its actual size.
I ended up buying $50 worth of stainless steel bolts to replace the black bead lock bolts. 24 per wheel! Now I really like the wheels as the side walls don't appear as tall. I also added the wrangler hood decal and red "Trail rated" badge.

IMG_0969.JPG

IMG_0971.JPG

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
I ended up buying $50 worth of stainless steel bolts to replace the black bead lock bolts. 24 per wheel! Now I really like the wheels as the side walls don't appear as tall. I also added the wrangler hood decal and red "Trail rated" badge.

IMG_0969.JPG

IMG_0971.JPG
Nice subtle adjustment.

Sponsored

WAOLIFE

First Name
Adrian & Josie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUM - 3.6L - Sky Touch & 2015 WK2O - 3.6L - IG: @wa0life
Occupation
Fiddler of Parts
Thanks, that’s what I thought they were. I love those wheels but I’m not a fan of running beadlocks on a DD
They are just like the Mopar wheels and can be run (as I am currently) in "regular" mode.
Also, check out ION wheels, they have some that look very similar.

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
They are just like the Mopar wheels and can be run (as I am currently) in "regular" mode.
Also, check out ION wheels, they have some that look very similar.
Really, they act as protector rigs as well? one ring can you both?

Last edited: