Sponsored

Just so you know... Tazer issue in updating your Jeep data to Uconnect.

MacJack

First Name
-O)|||||(O-Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
Several weeks ago I updated my firmware for my Tazer JL full function to version tazerjl-11.1.4.zfw and had some issue in doing the update..... thinking it was me not the process. So after the update I was not getting Ucconect info about my Jeep I sent a support contact info a week ago and did not hear back. So I started to explore...

Happy to report I found the issue must be in 11.1.4, as I reinstalled 11.0.8 release which is the one that came with my unit and all is good and working. I'm not smart enough to say why, just want to share.

For the record I like my Tazer, I hate the start/stop feature and going to ask my dealer to disable that if he can.

Edit: Forgot to add, anyone have a trick on plugging in and unplugging the connectors... My fat hands and short fingers just do not cut it. I will be going to get Jeep recall service and need to unmarry and reconnect the wires.
Sponsored

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
So I'm unclear, what exactly was the issue? What data were you not getting? Are you using an app or something that tells your phone when you need oil changes or something?

OP
OP
MacJack

MacJack

First Name
-O)|||||(O-Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
The FCA app is called Uconnect and if you have a Mopar.com account and linked to your vin when you sign up. I use an iPhone app as well as the web address Mopar.com. So I get call kinds of vehicle info and location. Plus can remotely start and stop my car, sound horn to locate it in park lot etc.

Hope that helps.

So I'm unclear, what exactly was the issue? What data were you not getting? Are you using an app or something that tells your phone when you need oil changes or something?

Joker4L

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Wrangler JL 4XE High Altitude
Occupation
Military
Yeah mine isn’t updating either :/

Sponsored

Dalingrin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Has Tazer said anything about this? Acknowledged the problem?

I probably won’t buy one until this is addressed.

thewolfman2010

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S (JL)
Edit: Forgot to add, anyone have a trick on plugging in and unplugging the connectors... My fat hands and short fingers just do not cut it. I will be going to get Jeep recall service and need to unmarry and reconnect the wires.
I like to pull the panel off from under the steering wheel. It gives a little more clearance to get your hands in there and plug/unplug those connectors. It seems a little stiff the first time, but you just pull straight towards the seat and it comes off, held in by a couple clips.

Dalingrin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FYI, no issues with UConnect with Tazer JL Mini on the 11.1.5 firmware.

OP
OP
MacJack

MacJack

First Name
-O)|||||(O-Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
Is it only Tazer users? My Uconnect is not updating either but I haven’t had my tazer plugged in for almost a year.
Yes in my earlier post of my Uconnect data updates, I was hard pressed to blame Tazer... I put a request into FCA to update my Uconnect app data and they did do it BUT now been over 2 months with the same old data like milage etc... So I paid for this and not getting it.

Sponsored

Joker4L

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Wrangler JL 4XE High Altitude
Occupation
Military
Yes in my earlier post of my Uconnect data updates, I was hard pressed to blame Tazer... I put a request into FCA to update my Uconnect app data and they did do it BUT now been over 2 months with the same old data like milage etc... So I paid for this and not getting it.
It’s actually free . Only thing you are paying for is the remote features. My JL uconnect expired awhile ago and I still get vehicle info updates And monthly VHR

OP
OP
MacJack

MacJack

First Name
-O)|||||(O-Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
It’s actually free . Only thing you are paying for is the remote features. My JL uconnect expired awhile ago and I still get vehicle info updates And monthly VHR
Well I'm inches away this week to pull the plug and ask for a refund.... All the remote action I want to do can be done from my remote, so do not need to use the Uconnect app from my office or living room.

Last edited:

RV Wrench

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Cherokee, 93 Wrangler, 19 Wrangler
I bought a Tazer JL Mini on a black-friday sale last month. Installed it over a week ago. The UConnect info has not updated since then (still shows all mileage, tire pressure, fuel level status from before the install). Version 11.1.4. I also noticed that my Contacts info from my phone does not load, so the Contacts list is blank on the 8.4 screen.

RV Wrench

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Cherokee, 93 Wrangler, 19 Wrangler
I updated mine to version 11.1.5 earlier today, and it still has not updated the info.

Jmonroe

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR and a '99 Camaro SS convertible I bought new
Occupation
Retired
After reading this thread I checked mine. I recieved mine 6 or 7 weeks ago, ordered as a "Lite", had to update it to a "Mini" to get front camera function to work.

The Uconnect functions seem to be working fine. In just checking I see last update to data was yesterday and I was able to update the vehicle location. I've also used the "send & go" feature a number of times.
Sponsored