JDoty47

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL
How long was the install 15mins?
About 90 minutes. To be fair though, 30 of that was their Tech Support fixing my laptop and then downloading the file and flashing it to the device. If you watch the video, it leaves out several steps that deal with the computer side
Sponsored

catang5oh

First Name
Darrin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Cherokee
I installed the Mopar remote start on my 18 Rubi, pretty easy. I removed the left rear interior panel and removed the bolts for the controller. Drove to dealer and had them program key fobs, install remote start controller. I paid them $65 for the programming and controller install. You can’t install controller due to the fobs not being pre programmed( Jeep won’t start)
I now have 3 working fobs, previous owner didn’t give both at trade in.

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
About 90 minutes. To be fair though, 30 of that was their Tech Support fixing my laptop and then downloading the file and flashing it to the device. If you watch the video, it leaves out several steps that deal with the computer side
Took me 30 as well, but I already created a idatalink account beforehand.

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
We went with the OE dealer installation. $500.00 total with 2 OE remote start key fobs. The range on this is insane.
Yes, they have a decent range and aftermarket options vary. I installed a $150 Fortin kit on a Mazda last year that has a good range and for a few hundred more you could get an extended range plus the ability to use your phone to start. I don't think they make one for the Wrangler. I researched installing a kit on a VW and it was as expensive as buying the OEM kit.

Sponsored

LAYNLOW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
The OE option surely wasn't the cheapest, but, I believe it could help the re-sale being a dealer/factory part and installation.

Yes, they have a decent range and aftermarket options vary. I installed a $150 Fortin kit on a Mazda last year that has a good range and for a few hundred more you could get an extended range plus the ability to use your phone to start. I don't think they make one for the Wrangler. I researched installing a kit on a VW and it was as expensive as buying the OEM kit.

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
The OE option surely wasn't the cheapest, but, I believe it could help the re-sale being a dealer/factory part and installation.
I'm more worried about how much money I'm saving so I have more left over for more mods, than resale value of $350 difference