SpookyXJ

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport S 2 door auto
Vehicle Showcase
Wheels and tires are here. They are a little short 33.7". Really quiet for mud terrains and they ride well.
jeep40-jpg.jpg

jeep39-jpg.jpg

jeep44-jpg.jpg

The 3" synergy springs seem to be setup to level out a jl but you will need a lot of weight added to the front to get the right results. I have a slight rearward rake and I don't care for it. It actually got worse once I put the new spare on. The rear lift height stayed the same but the weight shifted enough to the rear to lift the front back up a 1/4".... :headbang:Go Figure. I was gonna get a 3/4" spacer for the rear but I don't really want extra lift. I went ahead and ordered Synergy's 2" 2 door springs. I want a definite forward rake so it will be close to level when towing.
Sponsored

AllJumpStyle

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Looks good. Note that the fenders aren't the same height front and rear. Your rear still looks a little taller than the front to me and your pictures are definitely on a little bit of an incline. How did you measure?

OP
OP
SpookyXJ

SpookyXJ

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport S 2 door auto
Vehicle Showcase
Looks good. Note that the fenders aren't the same height front and rear. Your rear still looks a little taller than the front to me and your pictures are definitely on a little bit of an incline. How did you measure?
From the floor to the very bottom of the flare and from hub center to very bottom of flare. Here is a chart:
Stock....................Lifted SW&T.......Lift

Hub center to very bottom of factory flare:

FL 19 7/8".............24 3/4"..............4 7/8"
FR 19 3/4"............25"......................5 1/4"
RL 19 3/4"............23 3/4"................4"
RR 19 3/8"............23 3/4"...............4 3/8"

Very bottom of factory flare to floor:

FL 35"....................39 3/4"...............4 3/4"
FR 34 3/4".............39 3/4"................5"
RL 34 3/4".............38 3/4"................4"
RR 34 1/2".............38 3/4"...............4 1/4"

Variance is me having trouble finding hub center and the stock suspension not being level side to side. Very Impressed with how level yall have these springs side to side.

The front springs gave approximately 5" of lift and the rear approximately 4" of lift. The rearward rake may be an optical illusion but it still looks that way to me in the garage where the floor is level. When I put the 35" spare on the rear measured the same 38 3/4" and the fronts were at 40" flare to floor so it may all be down to weight distribution.The rear tire carrier felt like a lot more than the 60lbs I was told it should be and it shifts the spare a lot further back. The front bumper and winch only added about 100 lbs. I'm not complaining about your springs I like them a lot so far I just want a pronounced forward rake and don't want to add anymore lift to get it..

OP
OP
SpookyXJ

SpookyXJ

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport S 2 door auto
Vehicle Showcase
Got a 48" hi-lift and yes I know the mount is upside down.
jeep47-jpg.jpg

jeep46-jpg.jpg

Smike83

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 wrangler sport
When I did my lift I took measurements from the pinch weld underneath the doors. Not the fenders because they seemed different heights. I did it right behind the front and in front of the rear tires. They came right in at 2.5” more then stock( that was my lift). Give that a shot and see if it’s different front your measurements.

Sponsored

OP
OP
SpookyXJ

SpookyXJ

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport S 2 door auto
Vehicle Showcase
Got the front control arms on and swapped out the front 3" coils for the 2" coils. I only lost 1/2" in height hope it settles a little more.
jeep49-jpg.jpg

jeep50-jpg.jpg

I still need to adjust castor I'm sitting at 8 degrees the way I had the control arms dialed in with suggested starting lengths drives fine though.

I took a road trip last week and found out my front right tire is slightly out of balance only noticeable above 65 mph. I swapped it for my spare and solved that issue just have to get that tire rebalanced but now my TPMS light is on and flashing which I think means low battery. Really irritating.

Got a UPS quantum view notification for a 29 LB package so I hope the rear upper control arms are finally gonna ship. No invoice from Northridge yet but that's the only thing I have on order that is that heavy. I'll be glad to get the suspension finished.

OP
OP
SpookyXJ

SpookyXJ

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport S 2 door auto
Vehicle Showcase
Ok rear control arms are on. I found out that the factory control arm lengths were causing the rear suspension to squat with the 3" coils. I put the rear lowers on and adjusted the length to where the tires look centered in the wheel well with the factory uppers still on and noticed I had lost even more height in the rear. I put the new uppers on and gained a 1/2" in height over the factory arms. I'm now sitting at 4.5" of suspension lift front and rear. 3" of suspension lift if you compare it to a rubicon.
jeep55-jpg.jpg

jeep52-jpg.jpg

I also got the castor dialed in to 5.5 degrees and it drives/tracks much better. I had ordered a 1/2" spacer for the rear but I may not use it now. Think I'm gonna tow the camper up to Arkansas and see if its worth putting it on or not. I'm happy with the rake and how it sits height wise now.

vavaroutsos

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Sprinter Crew Van 2500 High Roof 144" WB OM651 Brilliant Silver, 2019 JLR 3.6L 6SPD Granite Crystal
@SpookyXJ , your Jeep is looking good.

Do I understand correctly that you're using Synergy 8863-10 coils in the front and 8864-20 coils in the rear, and you are getting the same amount of lift front and rear over stock?

OP
OP
SpookyXJ

SpookyXJ

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport S 2 door auto
Vehicle Showcase
@SpookyXJ , your Jeep is looking good.

Do I understand correctly that you're using Synergy 8863-10 coils in the front and 8864-20 coils in the rear, and you are getting the same amount of lift front and rear over stock?
Thanks

Yes that is correct.

To be fair to Synergy it should be noted that I took my before spring measurements after I had added bumpers, winch, tire carrier, rock rails, and skid plates. I had very little height difference in the front between the 8863-20 and 8863-10 about a half inch. Also I did not have the rear arms on with the 8863-20 front coils so I'm not sure how much suspension height would have shifted with the 3" coils up front. I gained a 1/2" in the rear and lost a 1/2" in the front when I put the rear arms on. The main reason I switched coils springs up front was to get rid of a slight rearward rake.

vavaroutsos

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Sprinter Crew Van 2500 High Roof 144" WB OM651 Brilliant Silver, 2019 JLR 3.6L 6SPD Granite Crystal
Thanks

Yes that is correct.

To be fair to Synergy it should be noted that I took my before spring measurements after I had added bumpers, winch, tire carrier, rock rails, and skid plates. I had very little height difference in the front between the 8863-20 and 8863-10 about a half inch. Also I did not have the rear arms on with the 8863-20 front coils so I'm not sure how much suspension height would have shifted with the 3" coils up front. I gained a 1/2" in the rear and lost a 1/2" in the front when I put the rear arms on. The main reason I switched coils springs up front was to get rid of a slight rearward rake.
@AllJumpStyle , your website indicates your springs maintain the stock rake, yet @SpookyXJ seems to have gotten different results. I'm considering buying your springs, but I'm not sure which to get at this point. Can you comment on this, or better yet, provide the extended/compressed lengths of the tender portion of your springs so I can calculate my ride height?

Sponsored

melman8r

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sarge Green JLR
SpookyXJ, how do you like the Sunrider top? Any issues?

OP
OP
SpookyXJ

SpookyXJ

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport S 2 door auto
Vehicle Showcase
Added Ranchos e-brake relocation bracket. Although not really necessary it does do a good job of keeping the e-brake cable from rubbing the fuel lines and flopping around after you reroute them under the crossmember for more droop.
jeep56-jpg.jpg

Mainly bought it to pad out an order for free shipping.

Last edited:

AllJumpStyle

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
@AllJumpStyle , your website indicates your springs maintain the stock rake, yet @SpookyXJ seems to have gotten different results. I'm considering buying your springs, but I'm not sure which to get at this point. Can you comment on this, or better yet, provide the extended/compressed lengths of the tender portion of your springs so I can calculate my ride height?
Our coil springs are all based on the Rubicon model. From what I have seen, the stock rake is different from Rubicon to non-Rubicon, so non-Rubicons will appear to have less rake after installing our coil springs. Our coil springs do lift the vehicle the advertised height front and rear over a stock Rubicon. Keep in mind the front and rear fenders are not the same height, so it is not a good baseline to measure rake against.

OP
OP
SpookyXJ

SpookyXJ

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport S 2 door auto
Vehicle Showcase
Added Rock Krawlers rear spring correction pads to try to straighten out my rear coils. I ordered 2 sets as they are different heights to be side specific. Synergys coils are already side specific so I need 2 the same height. I used the taller pads as I wanted a bit more height in the rear and ended up with a little over a 1/2" extra lift which should be perfect for towing. Anyway on to the pics.
jeep57-jpg.jpg

The pads are only 10 degrees and I need more angle to actually get the coils straight. I'm having this issue because Synergys rear upper control arms minimum length is 18" while the factory upper rear control arms are 17 7/16" I had the lowers stretched out to 20 1/2" to try to compensate but that is a bit far back in the wheel well. I now have them set at 20 1/4" and the coils don't look much different.
Before:
jeep54-jpg.jpg

After:
jeep58-jpg.jpg

The extra height kinda helped the sway bar position but I still have to keep the links near their top height to keep them off the axle. At this point I think the only fix is to shorten the upper control arms. I think I'm gonna put the stock uppers back on next weekend and cut some of the shank off of the Synergy rear UCA joint to get it closer to a stock minimum length.

On the plus side the rear is finally at the height I want for towing.
jeep61-jpg.jpg

I need to redistribute the load on my camper somehow to lose some tongue weight as I am well over 200 lbs. Currently I get 1 1/4" of sag with the camper and that's without the freezer fridge in it and loaded.
No load height:
jeep59-jpg.jpg

Height with camper
jeep60-jpg.jpg
Sponsored