Jeep Parent Fiat Chrysler Agrees to Merger With Peugeot Owner PSA

55WillysWagon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1955 Willys Wagon, 2019 Jeep Wrangler OB JLUR
Anyone want to guess what the new company name is? FCA+PSA+? I'm guessing that Chrysler is not part of the nomenclature. Fiat shouldn't be either but... there's family ownership there.
Sponsored

Senator71

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara
Anyone want to guess what the new company name is? FCA+PSA+? I'm guessing that Chrysler is not part of the nomenclature. Fiat shouldn't be either but... there's family ownership there.
Well the SA in PSA just stands for Société Anonyme which is the French equivalent of Limited Liability Company or Inc. so there's no real need for the SA to continue.

I would go for PFC (Peugeot Fiat Chrysler) or they spend a few million dollars paying consultants to come up with something totally different. AUTOMONDO

COJLGirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe, 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4...
Italian and French engineering.....

Two things that do not strike confidence.
Agreed! I’m not very happy about this considering Peugeot doesn’t have the best track record when it comes to quality.

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Italian and French engineering.....

Two things that do not strike confidence.
Amen!

And yet I'm torn 'cause my Campy Record will never die and I can still buy EVERY little part for it (rebuilt my shifters) and hell..... Peugeot's mountain bikes in the mid-90's were decent ;)

Sponsored

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
{snip}
Regarding PSA, I think they're smart enough to realise the US market for trucks and SUVs is different to what they do. Just hope they don't introduce French electrical components and wiring standards, they are notoriously bad from PSA and Renault.
Ahhh ...while English....Lucas Electronics: the Prince of Darkness. He always said "A good day's work and home by dark"......

(because your headlights may not work) goes the joke which has more truth in it than it should

Anyway, regarding others wishing for Toyota "quality".....from working on them I've been astonished at the quantity of dumb shit Toyota does, same as any other manufacturer ON AVERAGE -- although I agree the JL's have more quality issues than they should.

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Yeah Jon, that's about the size of it.....my prostate that is.

FCAPSA is my new license plate. It's owner, me, drives a JL who also needs to get up 4+ times a night to pee.

; - )

Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
:idea: With defective air bags:movember:

:blush:
Yeah which affected many other manufacturers and it was only a small percentage of Toyotas that had the issue. This is normal, Toyotas are recalled and have problems too. But it is the history and average that counts, and the data doesn't lie. Toyota is the most reliable brand in the world, even with its ups and downs. They deserve to be recognized for their excellent reliability and should set an example for other manufacturers. The way I see it, as long as Toyotas are more reliable, it should push Jeep to make more reliable vehicle and we owners end up with a better product. So kudos to Toyota.

The Jeep Wrangler, unlike other Jeeps, actually has historically above average reliability, and hopefully the JL will follow the same pattern. In harsh lands like Australia and South America, where you might go on an off-road trip away from civilization for weeks, people take Toyotas not Jeeps, and that's simply because they are a lot more reliable.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Funny you say that, my project TODAY is repairing an '02 Taco that broke BOTH (count 'em - both) rear framerails

And rust in arid SW Colo is virtually zero.

18387.jpeg

18388.jpeg
So you bring an 18 year old vehicle as an example? lol.... I am not even going to ask the mileage in those :CWL::CWL::CWL::CWL:. We are talking about quality issues on JLs that basically just got out of the factory...

M0ondogy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
So you bring an 18 year old vehicle as an example? lol.... I am not even going to ask the mileage in those :CWL::CWL::CWL::CWL:. We are talking about quality issues on JLs that basically just got out of the factory...
Right? Compare it to a 2002 TJ.

Not to say that Toyota hasn't pooped the bed now and then like the dust filter on the AU Tacos currently on the road. I imagine limp home mode in the outback isn't fun.

I'd love for Jeep to reach Toyota levels of reliability. We all should hope for that as Jeep fans.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Well the SA in PSA just stands for Société Anonyme which is the French equivalent of Limited Liability Company or Inc. so there's no real need for the SA to continue.

I would go for PFC (Peugeot Fiat Chrysler) or they spend a few million dollars paying consultants to come up with something totally different. AUTOMONDO
Peugeot Fiat Chrysler, 3 words that would give Scotty Kilmer a serious stroke so he won't be click baiting us anymore.

Last edited:

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forget about 4runners and Tacomas

front and back solid axles. Not sold in the U.S. :