OP
OP
BillyHW

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
So has anyone taken apart the 2.0 yet to see if it still has the smaller auxilliary battery underneath the starter batter compartment?

Does it have 3 batteries (1. Starter AGM 12V; 2. Small Aux AGM 12V; 3. BSG Lithium 48V)?

Or does it only have 2 batteries (1. Starter AGM 12V; 2. BSG Lithium 48V)?

If anyone could take a picture underneath the wheel well to prove whether the small aux either exists or doesn't exist in the 2.0L that would be great.
Sponsored

Euro JEEP

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
My bet is the 2.0L with BSG has no smaller auxiliary battery. It has enough battery underneath for the E-Torque. If believe the E-Torque enables the ESS and not the starter. Correct me if I am wrong.
The European 2.0L without BSG probably does have one for the ESS.

OP
OP
BillyHW

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
My bet is the 2.0L with BSG has no smaller auxiliary battery. It has enough battery underneath for the E-Torque. If believe the E-Torque enables the ESS and not the starter. Correct me if I am wrong.
The European 2.0L without BSG probably does have one for the ESS.
You're probably right, but I'd like it if someone could provide some photographic proof.

FUHL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Website
cmott426.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150 Ecoboost 2018 2-door Rubicon 2013 Range Rover Evoque
Occupation
CAD Drafter/Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
You're probably right, but I'd like it if someone could provide some photographic proof.
No photos, but he did say it doesn't have the other battery at the 3 minute mark.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BillyHW

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
No photos, but he did say it doesn't have the other battery at the 3 minute mark.

Well he repeated it often enough that there was no small aux battery that I believe him.

My next question would be to ask if the 48V battery keeps charging the 12V battery with the voltage stepdown even when the jeep is turned off.

Also does it seem to you that the 48V battery hangs lower than the other components and thus reduces clearance? Or is that maybe just an optical illusion?

Sponsored

OP
OP
BillyHW

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Have to say also that I'm not liking all the increased complexity this BSG is adding. A 3rd cooling system, A/C lines, heater lines. A million more things to go wrong.

FUHL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Website
cmott426.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CAD Drafter/Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Well he repeated it often enough that there was no small aux battery that I believe him.

My next question would be to ask if the 48V battery keeps charging the 12V battery with the voltage stepdown even when the jeep is turned off.

Also does it seem to you that the 48V battery hangs lower than the other components and thus reduces clearance? Or is that maybe just an optical illusion?
Not sure about the charging question, but the battery is up high. The fuel tank is lower.

FUHL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Website
cmott426.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CAD Drafter/Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Have to say also that I'm not liking all the increased complexity this BSG is adding. A 3rd cooling system, A/C lines, heater lines. A million more things to go wrong.
I got the unlimited Life Time warranty.

FUHL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Website
cmott426.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CAD Drafter/Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Today I noticed that the volt gauge says 14.4 volts while driving, also when the start stop is active and the engine is off. When I turn the Jeep off with the ignition the volts drop to 12.4. So the 48 volt system feeds the 12 volt battery when the ignition is in the run position.

Sponsored

JL.FR

First Name
Casa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU RUBICON 2.0 Turbo MOJITO
Hello, In Europe we do not have the eTorque with the 2.0 turbo and that's good! Because when the system is down or the 48V battery needs to be changed, there is a lot of money out of the pocket.

jayvis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Let me help with your hysterics. If you want simple, buy a bicycle.:like:

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
I found these two YouTube videos helpful in better understanding the Etorque system.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
So watching those, I’m thinking I should err on the side of changing the serpentine belt per manufacturer recommendation due the torque sent through it.
Sponsored

Last edited: